Twitter: Amari had an MRI Wednesday

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Skill players with lower body injuries aren't usually a good thing. They tend to linger and recur.

That's how Dez ended.

A lot of people idolize the "tough it out mentality", but playing hurt shortens careers and diminishes performance long term.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
It’s clear to me Cooper & Gallup have both been well short of 100% since the GB game. Both of their performances have dropped off sharply. Dak was looking for Cobb first last week.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The first tweet had me panicking, the second seems more reasonable:

*shakes fists in air at Jon Machota*

Watching that play early in the Giants game it looked like Amari jambed his toe and foot into the turf. I dont believe it's a knee. He has been having foot issues all season.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It’s clear to me Cooper & Gallup have both been well short of 100% since the GB game. Both of their performances have dropped off sharply. Dak was looking for Cobb first last week.
Gallup has really dropped off since his knee surgery. He has been dropping way too many balls. I'm waiting for him to turn the corner and get back to where he left off before his surgery.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why it's a good idea to let them heal and not contribute to declining careers, such as how they mishandled Miles Austin, Marion Barber, Terence Newman, Demarcus Ware.

How did they mishandle these players who had lower body injuries? If you are talking about muscle pulls and that kind of thing, that happens to players all the time in the NFL, so lets not ridiculously act as if that is a Cowboy problem. And, of course, surely you realize the doctors and trainers have to clear players to play, right?

Even so, Newman, for example, played until he was 39 years old, so how exactly did the Cowboys contribute to a declining career? He played 15 years in the NFL and only missed 19 games. He was able to play 6 more years after leaving Dallas.

As for Ware, other than a hamstring issue one season, I don't recall him having "lower body injuries", and he didn't have continuing hamstring problems in subsequent seasons that I'm aware of. It seems it was mainly his back that he had problems with, but even so, he only missed 3 games in 9 years in Dallas, and played a very respectable 12 years. So, what did the Cowboys do to him?

As for Barber, his running style was the main thing that lead to his shortened career.

As for Austin, he did have a history of hamstring problems, but when he had the problem in 2011 the Cowboys shut him down for the last 6 games of the season. and In 2013 when he had a problem, they sat him out for 8 straight games. So explain how he was not given time to heal? Sometimes players just have injury problems.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said it all...I rest my case. No excuses. They tried to excuse away the loss to the Jets behind that, while "good teams" keep on winning. PHI won a SB w/o their starting LT n QB...DAL would've been drafting in the Top10.
You had no case with me because I'm not making excuses. i just said don't treat the Cowboys with a different standard than other teams. A large number of injuries can make it difficult on any team.

shabazz

Reaction score
Why does everything that happens have to be twisted into a reason to bash Dak? If fans aren't sold on him, that's fine, but this is just stretching to fabricate something.

Oh, simply because it’s been done before. That’s not fabrication. We saw it over and over again as an excuse when Gallup was out. Just getting out ahead of it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, simply because it’s been done before. That’s not fabrication. We saw it over and over again as an excuse when Gallup was out. Just getting out ahead of it.
An excuse for what? Were you down on Dak when we dominated Miami without Gallup? Dak didn’t suck while Gallup was out. We beat up one team, and narrowly lost to another. They weren’t stellar games for Dak, but weren’t bad either.

Besides that, it was a nonsensical and antagonistic comment when there was nothing in the thread to be antagonistic about.

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
The first tweet had me panicking, the second seems more reasonable:

*shakes fists in air at Jon Machota*

but what is wrong with his knee?....do we really thinjk he can play sunday?..we need him against vikings

Zman5

Reaction score
They should activate Devin Smith or C. Wilson just in case Coop injures it again early in the game and can't play.

shabazz

Reaction score
An excuse for what? Were you down on Dak when we dominated Miami without Gallup? Dak didn’t suck while Gallup was out. We beat up one team, and narrowly lost to another. They weren’t stellar games for Dak, but weren’t bad either.

Besides that, it was a nonsensical and antagonistic comment when there was nothing in the thread to be antagonistic about.

Wow, Triggered much? And as far as your accusation of be antagonistic, lets leave religion out of this