Amazon Prime Broadcast Sucks!

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
My TV is a Sony A95K OLED and I have Google Fiber. I also have the newest Apple TV, and I have cables that can handle the bandwidth (often overlooked), I have none of those issues.

I get a beautiful, sharp picture, and great functionality every time.

As for the commentary, I love Al Michaels, but the others are meh. And on the set, there are simply too many voices, three or four is all they need.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love Sony TV. The picture is the best. In my opinion I only have a 55 inch but it’s perfect for my room. I’m about the sound. The surround sound. That’s where I put the dollars.
And I got a good deal at RC Willies a week and a half before Black Friday...the TV, cost me $825.00 delivered and installed.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not sure what TVs you guys have, but the Amazon broadcast is BY FAR the most vibrant and clear I've seen to date.
It blows all others out of the water quite frankly.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Was it me or were they a little behind in calling the play. I would be on this board and someone would write what happened and then about 15 secs later you would see it on Prime.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure what TVs you guys have, but the Amazon broadcast is BY FAR the most vibrant and clear I've seen to date.
Yeah, mine was clear as ever, so maybe some people need a new or different TV. The new smart ones like my Sony is great.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The only thing that I thought might be cool was the optional stats screen with Next Gen Stats. I was watching on my office monitors, not sure if that's on a Smart TV Prime App. But found them lacking because they only show one player in each category.

Why does Amazon not show timeouts? That killed me at end of game with the back-and-forth. Want to know what each team faces.

And yes, the ex-players feel clunky, uncomfortable, and no chemistry, although they did better job with postgame show. (Or maybe I was just in better mood from the win LOL)

Hard to remember what Fox Sports was like when it first got the NFL, but I do remember they pulled in Madden and others right away so it couldn't have been this rough.
They do show timeouts.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The TV has nothing to do with it. It’s the streaming service either the box or prime itself. The best picture is Netflix 4K. They have the highest resolution.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My TV is a Sony A95K OLED and I have Google Fiber. I also have the newest Apple TV, and I have cables that can handle the bandwidth (often overlooked), I have none of those issues.

As for the commentary, I love Al Michaels, but the others are meh. And on the set, there are simply too many voices, three or four is all they need.
People would be surprised, but the cables have a lot to do with it. My speaker cables alone are $200. Monster HDMI. Nothing else will do for me.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Keep in mind that your 1GB service is not 1GB all the time - it's up to 1GB (check the fine print of your contract). The fiber going into each person's home is broken out from a hub that is public internet. The "last mile" to your home is private, but the rest of the path is not. Depending on the traffic in their network, it can cause fluctuations in your QOS at home. Unless you have contracted private fiber from Verizon (and being that it would run, in all likelihood, over $1000 per month, I doubt that you have), you will be prone to the ebbs and flows of public internet and Verizon network issues.
Sure, and thank you for some interesting facts I didn't know (but suspected).

I guess I'm just saying that we have arguably the best ISP service on the planet, for a consumer-grade account. If AMZ can't get video right over that, then they can't get it right for any (consumer-grade) account. Latency here is also pretty much world-best, my son is really into videogaming and the latency here is so much better than elsewhere it gives him a noticeable edge in response times, etc.

Also - other services - Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, Apple+, etc. do not exhibit the same problems as Prime. They all have issues from time to time, but nothing like the misery that Prime has been for us.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah, mine was clear as ever, so maybe some people need a new or different TV. The new smart ones like my Sony is great.
Yeah, I wonder if it's cheapo 4K tvs that "have" HDR, but they do it really poorly, so it's like having a non-HDR display try and present an HDR image.
I have a LG C2 OLED, so no issues here.

clmont

Reaction score
Try keeping up with it on your phone. I thought I'd never get off to sleep.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The TV has nothing to do with it. It’s the streaming service either the box or prime itself. The best picture is Netflix 4K. They have the highest resolution.
It absolutely can be the TV.
TVs have different capabilities.
The same app from one TV to the next is not the same either.
LG for example is constantly getting updates for the various apps they use.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score

That's a nice TV - I got the LG C2 OLED and absolutely love it.

The Prime game shows in HDR so the picture is by far the best of all the networks.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I never have any issues with it, and I like the one view where you can see more of the field. My only issue is Herbstreit has absolutely zero personality and there is nothing but a nonstop stream of fluff coming out of his mouth. And there is no chemistry at all between him and Michaels.

CoachD

Reaction score
Didn't have a problem with it although I can't stand Richard Sherman but I loved it when Fitzpatrick said at half time that the Cowboys haven't been stopped on offense and he expected more of the same in the second half and he was right.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Who cares it beats streaming and I can see my favorite team rocking. LOL

cmoney23

Reaction score
While I haven’t missed many Thursday night games I watch them casually. Having to watch my team play on this crap was brutal folks.

The Ex player panel is atrocious! Those dudes are all clowns!
The color of my beautiful 75” TV looks like I’m watching the game with sunglasses on!
The rewind and fast forward feature is total crap and is frustrating!

Jeff Bezos has an empire but this TNF game needs to be scrapped unless they clean it up.

Thanks for listening…..rant over!
I completely agree with the rewind and FF. I was about 15 minutes late to watch the game and started from the beginning, not live.
1. They included their pregame in the live game broadcast so you had to skip through all that.
2. The functionality of the 10 sec skips is terrible and the FF/RWD match it.

As for the talking heads, I don't listen to any of them anymore. They are all clowns just trying to get picked up virally.