1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Ambar Garcia needs to go

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by yentl911, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,792 Messages
    4,105 Likes Received
    Thats what I like about him because I agree most of the fans are idiots

Tommy, WTtoolman and remdak like this.
  2. remdak

remdak Well-Known Member

3,304 Messages
    4,760 Likes Received
    Try listening to a podcast of the show with headphones on. Every time she says something, its twice the volume of everybody else and is quite jarring to the ears.

Echo9, Mr_C and WTtoolman like this.
  3. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Benched

3,204 Messages
    3,022 Likes Received
    So your point is lost and it's my fault? Ok. :laugh:

Move on this conversation is over.

4. BigD16

BigD16 Well-Known Member

1,555 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    I like her way more than Taylor Stern but that's not really saying much.

5. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

17,389 Messages
    10,160 Likes Received
    I don't know what it says about Risen except that he thinks (assuming it's not a ruse) that the best people should be hired...which seems like a good thing to me.

6. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,792 Messages
    4,105 Likes Received
    Its only your fault because it's too simple for you to claim I don't know. If the convo was over why respond? Did you want the last word?

7. JW82

JW82 JJ21

3,031 Messages
    5,306 Likes Received
    Agreed- Basically whatever show has broadus IMO. I liked the break the way they had it.
    To be frank- now-a-days there is so much information available and for many of us who are 30, 40 plus year fans, I want to hear someone that I know, knows more than I do about the sport and the team, or I'm not learning anything besides the depth chart. Just my opinion.

WillieBeamen likes this.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

52,197 Messages
    50,187 Likes Received

I see why they hired her.

For 1 it's football and the target audience is going to be a little sexist. So be it.

2. She speaks another language that a lot of Cowboy fans speak so she offers a dynamic to the website for people who don't speak English.

3. Like you said.. She is early 20's.. Let her grow into this role.. We all get better with more repetitions. They are investing in this girl with hopes that she does get better which she will.

4. It's just for a website anyways. It's not like this is National news. I don't get why it's such a big deal for some of you. She pipes in occasionally and it doesn't ruin anything. Shes ok in my book.

I just have realistic expectations and some of her critics want her to be Bill Parcells on that show.

9. TexasBacon

TexasBacon mancefine

183 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Bwahhhhh I hate everything, Jerry sucks, Dak sucks, Zeke is a baby, Ambar sucks, the Break sucks, Talkin' Cowboys sucks, I have tiny p-enis syndrome, Taylor sucks, Romo needs to come back, this is a cry for attention, my opinions are only negative, you suck, he sucks, Dez sucks, Dez's mom sucks, Zeke's high school track coach sucks, women suck, where is my p-enis?, my opinions are righteous and intelligent, Stephen sucks, Stephen's son sucks, Highland Park sucks, the Star sucks, speaking of sucks my p-enis is so small it sucked up inside itself, Ford sucks, Dr. Pepper sucks, and I'm totally not just saying everything sucks because the Cowboys lost to the Broncos, Pepsi sucks, Gene Jones sucks, Arkansas sucks, the name Jerral sucks, but HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS??

Signed,

The best Cowboys fan ever.

10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

52,197 Messages
    50,187 Likes Received

Yes! This.. People do get better at their jobs.

11. THEHEREAFTER

THEHEREAFTER Well-Known Member

5,951 Messages
    4,957 Likes Received
    Well She actually does correspondence IN SPANISH for specific segments. I have an affinity for South American international travel so maybe I'm biased? :grin:

Mr_C likes this.
  12. Jeffkills

Jeffkills Well-Known Member

2,012 Messages
    2,616 Likes Received
    One things for sure, that Cover 4 crap is downright Satanic it's so bad...

Feels like I'm watching "the Jr. High kids show."

Epic fail:

[​IMG]

13. THEHEREAFTER

THEHEREAFTER Well-Known Member

5,951 Messages
    4,957 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
    50% of the members of this board. Did you mention Dez... ?

14. Jeffkills

Jeffkills Well-Known Member

2,012 Messages
    2,616 Likes Received
    That's not weird, you're typical..

JackOfNoTrades likes this.
  15. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

65,564 Messages
    75,217 Likes Received
    Proudly, thanks!

16. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

5,058 Messages
    4,677 Likes Received
    I think Taylor is the worst because she eggs on the wet blanket to go after Mickey and vice versa.

Always had a soft spot for Kelsey Charles though.

As broaddus always says it like asking people what their favorite flavor of ice cream is.

BigD16 likes this.
  17. EGTuna

EGTuna Well-Known Member

925 Messages
    966 Likes Received
    Agree with the sentiment of the original post. Ambar is awful on the show, and I listen/download less frequently because of her. She makes Taylor Stern seem like Bill Walsh.

I'm all for diversity, and I have to imagine there's roughly 1 million Latinas in the greater DFW area that can speak about football far more intelligently than Ambar.

Helman is OK, but he's not very succinct, and it seems they've neutered Nick whose wit and sarcasm is missing so far this year. I listen to Talking Cowboys more often due to Broaddus and Rob Phillips and no Ambar.

Mr_C and WTtoolman like this.
  18. stasheroo

65,564 Messages
    75,217 Likes Received
    Then I'm "weird" too.

And proud of it.

Being good at your job should be the first, best requirement.

19. stasheroo

65,564 Messages
    75,217 Likes Received
    It never goes well. And why give the Admins and Moderators another headache they don't need?

Jack Burton likes this.
  20. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

8,925 Messages
    12,309 Likes Received
    I never expect her to tell me what Marinelli is doing wrong or which OL should get moved or cut, she is eye candy and some yin to the yang.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

wilfred, BAT, Big D and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.