1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Ambar Garcia needs to go

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by yentl911, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

52,559 Messages
    50,888 Likes Received

I guess we should just never give 20 year olds jobs with hopes that they could get experience and become good at it.

Everyone has to be some kind of 20 year old prodigy or a 60 year old who has done it for 40 years.

TexasBacon and Philmonroe like this.
  2. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Benched

3,204 Messages
    3,022 Likes Received
    I didn't, but I do now.

You got shut down the same way dez Bryant was shut down by jack rabbit. The proof for anyone that cares is in this thread.

you can quote me again but you'll be talking to yourself.

Smell you later.

RJ_MacReady likes this.
  3. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,834 Messages
    4,124 Likes Received
    Nah it's not as typical as you'd think. That's why different places have programming that appeal to different people. I just think you don't pay much attention to it.

I wouldn't be proud to be an excuse maker but I bet you thought I was talking about something else lad.

4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

65,819 Messages
    75,717 Likes Received
    How about not "giving" people anything? How about making someone earn it? Because they're actually good at it and not because of other reasons?

5. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,834 Messages
    4,124 Likes Received
    Guess you gotta get back to busting them tables? Have fun

6. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby

31,526 Messages
    80,465 Likes Received
    Bruh.

Andy Dalton.

Andy Dalton

Jack Burton and CowboyGil like this.
  7. WTtoolman

WTtoolman Well-Known Member

234 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I only listen to audio replays, so I'd much rather have ear-candy than eye-candy. She is a major annoyance, and I have pretty much stopped listening to The Break because of her.

Mr_C, EGTuna and RJ_MacReady like this.
  8. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby

31,526 Messages
    80,465 Likes Received
    Gosh dang, she's gorgeous.

wilfred, Mr_C, BigD16 and 5 others like this.
  9. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    2,927 Likes Received
    Yes yes yes.......i really wanted to post this a few weeks ago but I thought it was just me. Ambar brings the show down because when she speaks she contributes nothing. Taylor Stern is 100 times better. Plus she picks on Mickey now and I like that.

10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

52,559 Messages
    50,888 Likes Received

Agreed but people should have the freedom to hire whoever they want too.

Hiring and developing a pretty girl who speaks multi languages and can communicate with a part of your fan base doesn't seem like a bad move to me.

She's not Bill Parcells today but being in that environment she is sure to get better.

11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

65,819 Messages
    75,717 Likes Received
    And what about all of the people that have worked hard for years and are qualified?

Selectively hiring anyone based on anything other than qualifications for the job is wrong. That's the point.

12. JW82

JW82 JJ21

3,059 Messages
    5,356 Likes Received
    I think this is a generational thing. If I had to guess I bet the old #%#'s like me want pure football talk, and the 35 and under crowd like as much entertainment mixed in as possible.. just different times. Bryan needs to to a grumpy old man football talk for us. He CERTAINLY fits the bill for that show! LOL as do I.

Jack Burton and jwooten15 like this.
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

31,950 Messages
    46,408 Likes Received
    There are two good sideline reporters on the planet.

Michele Tafoya and Christie Scales. They provide useful information. The rest are brainless clowns.

Fletch likes this.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

52,559 Messages
    50,888 Likes Received

Being qualified means squat for most jobs.

I've worked with plenty of individuals who were extremely qualified on paper and used that to their advantage.

Work is going to come down to a persons effort most of the time and not their qualifications.

BTW, I don't see how she is not qualified.

She speaks multiple languages and reports on the Cowboys. Most of the time when she reports she has people with her who have been watching football for years offering their opinions while she interviews.

Jack Burton and RGV_C_Los like this.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

52,559 Messages
    50,888 Likes Received

Even the Goose?

I never understood why he was on the sideline. That was awful.

16. revospeed

revospeed Well-Known Member

3,496 Messages
    3,329 Likes Received
    Crazy talk.

17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

48,257 Messages
    49,320 Likes Received
    Erin Andrews is OK. She does not annoy me.

Tony Siragusa was the most annoying. His name should be Tony Buttafuoco.

pjtoadie, yentl911, TheHerd and 2 others like this.
  18. RJ_MacReady

RJ_MacReady mcompact

3,343 Messages
    6,107 Likes Received
    Talkin' Cowboys>>Hangin' with the Boys>>>>>>>>>>Cowboy's Break>>>>>>>>>>Cover-4

My ideal set-up would be
    - Helman as host (he's more of a witty host and not an X's O's, guy).
    - Broaddus (X's and O's guy)
    - Nick (stats/history guy).
    - Mickey (curmudgeon, that Broaddus and Helman pester the hell out of.)

With the few interactions that Helman has had with Mickey, you can see that Helman called him out and held his own. Broaddus just plain owns Mickey! Overall, I want to hear a little bit of inside stuff, injury updates and Mickey with his foot in his mouth while saying "BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT!" (in his mind, he never loses).

Derrick: he tries to pull fast ones when his arguments get countered. He'll say "That's not what I said...I didn't say it like that". Overall, I just don't dig the dude.
    Tate: I didn't like her on The Break, but she's okay as a host with Talkin' Cowboys. You can tell from the very first episode that Mickey doesn't like her. All the more entertaining for me.
    Rob: I like Rob. He says a lot without having to waste a hundred words like some of the other people. He's more of a host and I think he's better at than Derrick.
    Ambar: She has a colorful personality but yeah...her voice is annoying and she doesn't have a lick of knowledge on Football.
    Shannon Gross: I used to think he was 'meh', but he and Nate have a crazy good chemistry on HWTB.
    Nate: Same as Gross. He's on the right show, now. Very fun to listen to now that he's in an unstructured environment.
    Ellis: Meh

19. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

17,725 Messages
    12,985 Likes Received
    Bump!

20. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Benched

3,204 Messages
    3,022 Likes Received
    Not that it matters but isn't it joey buttafuoco?

Agreed, TS is really annoying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.