American Idol 2007

phillycard

Reaction score
Brandon is a tremendous singer. he's just got to find his lane. It's frustrating because he's probably as good as gone. As for Sanjaya... Why is he even on this show? I sense he's not really even interested.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
phillycard;1420144 said:
Brandon is a tremendous singer. he's just got to find his lane. It's frustrating because he's probably as good as gone. As for Sanjaya... Why is he even on this show? I sense he's not really even interested.

IMO none of the guys are that great. The women are WAY better than all of the guys.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not watched it once it got to the final set group of people.

I just like the first part of the series for the humor.

Now It seems like Alphabet (I will refer to the young man of indian decent as alphabet as I will not attempt to spell his name) is getting razzed by most things I have heard or read.

Seems like nobody really understands how he is still on the show.

I have two theories and this without even seeing the show the last however many weeks to know how he has done.

1. Sympathy Vote. I know if he is as bad as people are saying than Simon has been ripping on him. Sometimes voters feel bad for the singers and want to keep him on because Simon picks on them. This is not the first American Idol where some people should have been voted off but stayed on longer than the should have.

2. I don't know if they are doing it this year, but in the past few years some internet site has gotten a decent following and will get people to vote to keep the worse singer. I know that they have done this for 2-3 different shows and that is how some of the singers stayed on when they should have been voted off. However usually that only works until the last few are remaining.

Just something to consider. Plus I bet they are trying to keep the male to female ratio even for now.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1420315 said:

Now It seems like Alphabet (I will refer to the young man of indian decent as alphabet as I will not attempt to spell his name) is getting razzed by most things I have heard or read.

I have two theories and this without even seeing the show the last however many weeks to know how he has done.

1. Sympathy Vote. I know if he is as bad as people are saying than Simon has been ripping on him. Sometimes voters feel bad for the singers and want to keep him on because Simon picks on them. This is not the first American Idol where some people should have been voted off but stayed on longer than the should have.

2. I don't know if they are doing it this year, but in the past few years some internet site has gotten a decent following and will get people to vote to keep the worse singer. I know that they have done this for 2-3 different shows and that is how some of the singers stayed on when they should have been voted off. However usually that only works until the last few are remaining.

Just something to consider. Plus I bet they are trying to keep the male to female ratio even for now.

I agree with the sympathy vote theory

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I've heard some suggest that it's his age, being only 17, and that a lot of adolescent girls might be calling in to keep him on the show.

And it is a shame that Brandon will be getting knocked off (most likely). My wife and I like him, but I have no faith anymore that Sanjaya will get knocked off.

And I agree with phillycard in saying that Sanjaya really doesn't look happy on the show. He's taking hard criticism every week, but it's true. He doesn't belong in the competition any more.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1420482 said:
I've heard some suggest that it's his age, being only 17, and that a lot of adolescent girls might be calling in to keep him on the show.

And it is a shame that Brandon will be getting knocked off (most likely). My wife and I like him, but I have no faith anymore that Sanjaya will get knocked off.

And I agree with phillycard in saying that Sanjaya really doesn't look happy on the show. He's taking hard criticism every week, but it's true. He doesn't belong in the competition any more.

Brandon wasn't great but Chris (the Justin wannbe) was worse but then the he will probably stay because of the teeny bopper vote.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1420315 said:

The group is Vote for the Worst and they have little impact at all. To show how ineffective they are, they backed Sundance Head and Antonella Barba in the prelims.

And it's not the sympathy vote that's pushing him onward, it's simply a matter of demographics. Teenage girls and those with a vested interest, (the person is from their hometown...) cast a majority of votes. He's capturing a sizeable population of Indian immigrants that never voted in numbers for one candidate before.

Dialidol has him as one of the only three "safe" from being voted off.

I watched last night and was stunned how terrible anyone's chances of becoming a recording star are. Melinda and Lakisha can sing but there really isn't a market for them to successfully sell albums after the debut boosted by Idol. Think that Studdard guy.

The only ones we'll remember in 10 years will be Chris Sligh who'll probably hit it big in Christian Rock (He's a Bob Jones University alum) and maybe Jordin Sparks because her parents have the money and a name to afford her chances later on.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1420515 said:
Brandon wasn't great but Chris (the Justin wannbe) was worse but then the he will probably stay because of the teeny bopper vote.

I very much dislike Chris and I dont know why ,just something about him..

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1420315 said:

I agree with you after the comedy it loses it for me...
The only year I watched the show from start to end was when it was Bo Bice and Carrie ...

I enjoyed Bice as a performer and he did my kind of music and Carrie was just really nice to look at , Oh yes she also was talented even know its not my style of music taste.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ok this show has too be rigged. Once again Sanjaya was the worst and he's staying. Stephanie should not be going home. :banghead:

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
There are a lot of words that come to mind with Sanjaya remaining on the show another week.

"Yes" isn't one of them.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1430558 said:
There are a lot of words that come to mind with Sanjaya remaining on the show another week.

"Yes" isn't one of them.

I dont really find anyone all that compelling this year, so cheering and voting for the worst is atleast guaranteed entertainment value. I couldnt believe how bad he was on Tuesday, he was so bad I want the joke to last a few weeks longer.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
The first few weeks I was upset about it, but now I've come to point I don't even care. I don't like it, but I don't see him getting bumped off any time soon.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I didn't think he was the worst this week. He was actually a lot better than he had been. He actually put some energy into it. Before he was too timid you couldn't even hear him half the time.

I actually did not think the girl voted off was that good lately. Really, for the most part the women are boring. None of them really try to do anything different, just sing the songs the same way all the time. And most of them just do old boring songs that the judges love so much.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1430586 said:
I didn't think he was the worst this week. He was actually a lot better than he had been. He actually put some energy into it. Before he was too timid you couldn't even hear him half the time.

I actually did not think the girl voted off was that good lately. Really, for the most part the women are boring. None of them really try to do anything different, just sing the songs the same way all the time. And most of them just do old boring songs that the judges love so much.

There are three really good singers (Melinda, LaKisha and Jordin) and then there are ok to terrible singers. One of those three should win but the way it's going Sanjaya just might win. :eek:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
5_2.gif