American Idol 2007

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
I think the producers of AI kind of screwed up when they up'd the competitor's age limit to 28. There's NO comparing a person of that age and their vocal abilities/maturity with someone in their early 20's or younger.

That Melinda chic, with her professional background combined with her age, has made this about as anticlimactic an outcome as there could be.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Taps-n-1;1431082 said:
I think the producers of AI kind of screwed up when they up'd the competitor's age limit to 28. There's NO comparing a person of that age and their vocal abilities/maturity with someone in their early 20's or younger.

That Melinda chic, with her professional background combined with her age, has made this about as anticlimactic an outcome as there could be.

I thought they moved the limit up to like 35 last year? :confused:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1431496 said:
I thought they moved the limit up to like 35 last year? :confused:

Could be, I haven't followed that closely. I just know pitting a 16 yr old against a 25+ yr old in a competition like this, is asinine.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
they have officialy turned AI this season to a joke...i mean i could did as well as him singin youve really got me i mean damn LOL...way less talent than last season

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Gotta love Sanjaya. The kid is an absolute trainwreck. I've never laughed so hard at a performance in my life. Hopefully there's others who want to make Sanjaya the next American Idol. Here's my vote totals from Tuesday night:
dialidol.jpg

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
This isn't a good year for AI although Melinda Doolittle may be the best vocalist they have ever had...

I tune in weekly for two reasons:

To see the amazing Doolittle and to see (hopefully) Sangay get voted off...

I cried along with that little girl the other night, but for different reasons...

Hers was a cry of admiration... mine was a cry of eminent suicide if Sangay remains on this show...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
blake is the best male singer.

melinda is the best female singer.

haley is smoking hot..........i mean smoking.

damn..i mean smoking.

she might not be the next american idol....but she could have been the next *****cat doll.

~lane out~

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1430726 said:
There are three really good singers (Melinda, LaKisha and Jordin) and then there are ok to terrible singers. One of those three should win but the way it's going Sanjaya just might win. :eek:

I'd like to see them do something besides the same old style before I proclaim them the best. Jordin certainly has more "freshness" or whatever you want to call it than the other 2. Still, the women for the most part are far less interesting overall than the guys.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1434521 said:
I'd like to see them do something besides the same old style before I proclaim them the best. Jordin certainly has more "freshness" or whatever you want to call it than the other 2. Still, the women for the most part are far less interesting overall than the guys.

They might not be interesting but they can sing their butts off.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I have to agree. The girls have talent. The guys have personality.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1434535 said:
They might not be interesting but they can sing their butts off.

Interesting will get you farther than talent usually.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Uh, is Sanjaya trying to get voted off?

What the crap was that on his head?!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Sanjaya stays, Chris Sligh goes. Now it's just getting stupid.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1439633 said:
Sanjaya stays, Chris Sligh goes. Now it's just getting stupid.
Just? Did you see last year when that idiot, no-talent karaoke singer beat out McPhee?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Those jerks who vote for the worst contender should see how it affected the girl who was voted off tonight. For the contestants this isn't a joke. All those idiots are doing by voting for Sanjaya is hurting other people who are more deserving. I wish they had consciences, but I guess that is too much to ask of gutter slugs.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1446769 said:
Those jerks who vote for the worst contender should see how it affected the girl who was voted off tonight. For the contestants this isn't a joke. All those idiots are doing by voting for Sanjaya is hurting other people who are more deserving. I wish they had consciences, but I guess that is too much to ask of gutter slugs.

:laugh2: :laugh1:

Sorry...just couldn't help myself, that is just funny.

In the long run it may be even better for some of those contestants to get voted off if they play their cards right and really have the talent.

Sure American Idol and whatever label they are under can promote and give incredible exposure but I would also imagine that contract is pretty restrictive to an artist.

I think there have been others that intentional got voted off or used excuses to quit so they could get a good contract with a different company.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1446886 said:
:laugh2: :laugh1:

Sorry...just couldn't help myself, that is just funny.

In the long run it may be even better for some of those contestants to get voted off if they play their cards right and really have the talent.

Sure American Idol and whatever label they are under can promote and give incredible exposure but I would also imagine that contract is pretty restrictive to an artist.

I think there have been others that intentional got voted off or used excuses to quit so they could get a good contract with a different company.

It definately works out better for some of the too not win but to lose the way they are losing is crazy. It sort of reminds me of the first season when that one guy made it to the final two just because of the tinny boopers voting. Who cares if he had any talent. lol

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1446898 said:
It definately works out better for some of the too not win but to lose the way they are losing is crazy. It sort of reminds me of the first season when that one guy made it to the final two just because of the tinny boopers voting. Who cares if he had any talent. lol

Oh well...at the end of the day it is...American Idol and is just as much of a popularity contest as it is a talent contest IMO.

I have no problem with groups getting together to help try to keep a singer in place over another...Why do I not mind?

Because of a few reasons.

1. We are in America and have the right to do something like that if we want, it is expressing an opinion and they are following the rules by voting.

2. If American Idol really wanted to keep the best talent they would have the judges or another group of judges vote who stays and goes, but that is not what they want because they are making MILLIONS of dollars by charging people an amount to call in and vote. They are more interested in the money.

3. I don't like the image or style that american idol tries to push off on some of these people.

4. The show is beginning to run it's course and is getting old. I think they already stopped the one in England because of some of the situations going on here now. Hopefully this will stop this one in the future.

5. If people are so up in arms about this guy staying on...they can vote more. You know he is staying on because he is getting votes.