Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
She should win just for her legs.:toast:

21634.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1446909 said:
Oh well...at the end of the day it is...American Idol and is just as much of a popularity contest as it is a talent contest IMO.

I have no problem with groups getting together to help try to keep a singer in place over another...Why do I not mind?

Because of a few reasons.

1. We are in America and have the right to do something like that if we want, it is expressing an opinion and they are following the rules by voting.

2. If American Idol really wanted to keep the best talent they would have the judges or another group of judges vote who stays and goes, but that is not what they want because they are making MILLIONS of dollars by charging people an amount to call in and vote. They are more interested in the money.

3. I don't like the image or style that american idol tries to push off on some of these people.

4. The show is beginning to run it's course and is getting old. I think they already stopped the one in England because of some of the situations going on here now. Hopefully this will stop this one in the future.

5. If people are so up in arms about this guy staying on...they can vote more. You know he is staying on because he is getting votes.

I agree with what you are saying but it's a shame when people that are more talented are getting voted off while someone with no talent is staying.

But at least his sister is HOT :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1446886 said:
:laugh2: :laugh1:

Sorry...just couldn't help myself, that is just funny.
It isn't meant to be. At all. I won't say any more.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1446951 said:
It isn't meant to be. At all. I won't say any more.

I know you were being serious, that is what made me laugh about it and I did say I was sorry but that gutter slugs line just got me.

:cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1446952 said:
I know you were being serious, that is what made me laugh about it and I did say I was sorry but that gutter slugs line just got me.

IMO that's what those people are. Unless that is somehow an insult to gutter slugs.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1447034 said:
That's exactly what I am talking about. Anyone involved in that is trash. Those kids work their butts off and deserve better treatment than this.

I started that website.

Good to see how you feel about me.

But living in WV it was not the first, nor probably the last, I have heard the name trash (or white trash) thrown around.

<goes in corner and sobs>

:p: :laugh2: ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1447058 said:
I started that website.

Good to see how you feel about me.

But living in WV it was not the first, nor probably the last, I have heard the name trash (or white trash) thrown around.

<goes in corner and sobs>

:p: :laugh2: ;)
Sure you did.

:chainsaw:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1447063 said:
Sure you did.

:chainsaw:

You know why I am getting your fired up and picking on you...you know what you have to do...now go get it done Mister and we will all feel better.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1447067 said:
You know why I am getting your fired up and picking on you...you know what you have to do...now go get it done Mister and we will all feel better.
Good plan.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sanjaya's improbable Idol support isn't coming from India
311xInlineGallery.jpg

Associated Press
NEW DELHI — So much for the Indian Call Center Theory: Under-talented singer Sanjaya Malakar's unlikely wave of American Idol support apparently isn't coming from his father's homeland.

Indians are usually attuned to the successes of their compatriots abroad. But apart from a few brief newspaper articles, at least one short TV news segment and a few blog mentions, the reedy 17-year-old with the unsteady voice is a virtual unknown here.

One reason is that the show is broadcast a day late in India, and on an English-language channel that attracts relatively few viewers in this country of 1.1 billion.

"He's also an object of ridicule," said Amit Varma, who runs the popular India Uncut blog.

Malakar's success with viewers, who vote by phone or text message for their favorite performers, has come despite withering criticism from the three Idol judges. The irascible Simon Cowell has even threatened to quit if the native of Federal Way, Wash., wins the contest.

Malakar survived elimination on Wednesday night to make it to the final eight. If he can hold on for a few more weeks, he might see his fame spread here, Varma said.

"Even if the guy's really an American, it will be projected by the media here as an Indian doing well in the world," he said. "They'll make a big deal about it."

As for the theory that Indian call center operators are phoning in votes for Malakar: Most workers have calls automatically dialed for them by computers. They couldn't even call next door if they wanted to.

LINK

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1447253 said:
NO WAY!!!

Bring down American Idol and all it represents in music.

Burn Baby Burn...Disco Inferno...Burn Baby Burn...Burn the mother down.

:laugh2:

Slug.jpg
...Notice I couldn't find one of you in the Gutter!:D

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Maybe they were right - this thread really died after Sanjaya got voted off.

:laugh2:

Nonetheless, the show is all the better for it.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1491900 said:
Maybe they were right - this thread really died after Sanjaya got voted off.

3 days later - point proved.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
In an attempt to revive this thread:

In the finals it will be Jordin vs Blake.......talk amongst yourselves

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1495274 said:
In an attempt to revive this thread:

In the finals it will be Jordin vs Blake.......talk amongst yourselves

Are you getting a little verklempt?

That's bold. I'd be surprised to be Melinda knocked out this week, but stranger things have happened.