American Idol Fans?

kristie

Reaction score
irvin88;2089126 said:
I hope that someone prepares father Jeff with the real possibility that Archie isn't going to win this thing. They should have security keeping an eye on him, when they announce the winner, as I think he may go ballistic and attack Cookie on stage. The sad thing is I'm not kidding.

i hope that doesn't happen.:confused:

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
OK I hope that David Archuleta wins because he can sing a lot better than David Cook. Half of the time David Cook is singing it sounds like he's screaching.

heavyg

Reaction score
Cowboysfan22;2089159 said:
OK I hope that David Archuleta wins because he can sing a lot better than David Cook. Half of the time David Cook is singing it sounds like he's screaching.

Its funny. Half the time DA is singing it sounds like he is about to pass out.

I will say this. Last night he sounded better than he has all season. I didn't hear him taking a breath after every word. I don't know if it was something he did or something AI did in the sound. But that was very annoying throughout the season.

heavyg

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2089197 said:
I didn't watch it and don't plan to watch it tonight until maybe the last 5 minutes.

No kidding. I hate all the build up for something that should take no more than 15 minutes tops. They milk it for over an hour. Just get on with it already.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
heavyg;2089306 said:
No kidding. I hate all the build up for something that should take no more than 15 minutes tops. They milk it for over an hour. Just get on with it already.

The results show should be a commercial break between shows. :laugh2:

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
heavyg;2089191 said:
Its funny. Half the time DA is singing it sounds like he is about to pass out.

I will say this. Last night he sounded better than he has all season. I didn't hear him taking a breath after every word. I don't know if it was something he did or something AI did in the sound. But that was very annoying throughout the season.

this kid is only going to get better. He had partial vocal paralysis a while ago (go watch his American Idol Audition), so it is understandable why he is like that. The squinting, not so much. I really like this kid, way better than David Cook. Maybe it's because Cook doesn't really sing stuff I'm interested in.

irvin88

Reaction score
I knew Cookie had it won the minute Simon started his pathetic backpedalling. "It was closer than we called it," Haha, more like you saw Dialidol, and read the forums/polls and didn't want to seem that out of touch with America.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
irvin88;2090499 said:
I knew Cookie had it won the minute Simon started his pathetic backpedalling. "It was closer than we called it," Haha, more like you saw Dialidol, and read the forums/polls and didn't want to seem that out of touch with America.

lol, we'll see. I'm kinda glad archie didn't win because jordan sparx is very up and coming, and I don't think many idol winners after someone who was a star (kelly, carrie) really stayed strong. So, I guess archie's got some time to develop and less pressure. which is good, he might have burnt out had he won and been another washout AI winner.

irvin88

Reaction score
VietCowboy;2090563 said:
lol, we'll see. I'm kinda glad archie didn't win because jordan sparx is very up and coming, and I don't think many idol winners after someone who was a star (kelly, carrie) really stayed strong. So, I guess archie's got some time to develop and less pressure. which is good, he might have burnt out had he won and been another washout AI winner.

2nd place finishers go on to do nothing except for Clay Aiken.

Justin Guarini, Diania DeGarmo, Bo Bice, Kat McPhee, Blake Lewis.

Although Bo could have been a star if given better material.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It's about time a rocker type won it all. I thought Cook was the best all season long because he took chances. No doubt the kid can sing his young lungs out, but he plays it safe every ballad. That bores me. Cook's version fo Billy Jean was the highlight of the season, IMO.

BTW, I don't think it's any coincidence that most of the success post-idol has happened for the country singers. One of the big complaints I have with pop music is that people get built up and put on a pedastal then as soon as they are up there the same fans feel compelled to tear them down. Very few stay popular and poignant to the fans in that genre over a long haul.

I'm interested in seeing if Chris Daughtry and now David Cook have that same good fortune with rock that the country Idols have had in their genre because their fans are very similar in loyalty patterns.

There's more money and fame fast in Pop music, but it sure seems to be a lot of flash and very fleeting. Very few artists in that genre simply transcend the norm.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
irvin88;2090567 said:
2nd place finishers go on to do nothing except for Clay Aiken.

Justin Guarini, Diania DeGarmo, Bo Bice, Kat McPhee, Blake Lewis.

Although Bo could have been a star if given better material.

Unless AI/Fox start investing in the talent once the show is over... the show will BE OVER.

Its not looking good... only two winners have done something with their career. Clarkson and Underwood.... Daughtry didnt win but made some noise...

THATS IT?

So what are these judges and america voting for? Are the wrong people winning?

A competition that long with that many people should lead to the NEXT GREAT SINGING SENSATION... every time....well more than it has:D

FloridaRob

Reaction score
MIck, Jennifer Hudson didn't do too bad. Getting one of those Oscar thingys is a pretty big accomplishment.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2090947 said:
MIck, Jennifer Hudson didn't do too bad. Getting one of those Oscar thingys is a pretty big accomplishment.
Kelly Pickler, Bucky Covington, and Josh Gracin are all doing well in country as well. Not as well as Carrie though. She's a force in country music.

heavyg

Reaction score
Hostile;2090952 said:
Kelly Pickler, Bucky Covington, and Josh Gracin are all doing well in country as well. Not as well as Carrie though. She's a force in country music.

Personally I really like Bucky Covingtons music. I was and still am to a point a fan of Underwood. She is from Checotah just 11 miles down the road from me. I just don't care for some of her song choices of late. I am not a 100% "country purist". But I DO NOT like this new "pop country" that is being put out.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2090947 said:

Agreed... the Oscar was a great accomplishment. But 1. she wasnt an idol winner 2. it was something that AI/Fox actively pursued for her(her career) which is fine cause its working out - but that wasnt my point.

I dont know who Mick is.... you talkn bout me? Yeah I am famous :lmao2:

Hostile;2090952 said:

Thats good... I didnt know....
I just think they should REALLY invest in their product. It(the show) wont lose credibility.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
VietCowboy;2090563 said:

He needs to learn to sing in more than one key.

I thought his finals performance was as good as he has been all season but again he sang the same song 3 times.

The judges are consistent in liking him because he he is consistent in singing the same song.

The one time he tried to go a different route and sing Chris Brown kittens were killed.

Archuleta never should have made the top 3. American Idol is about star quality and presence as much as singing. This isn't Star Search.

I was also quite pleased that the first year they allowed instruments the winner could actually play one.