American Idol season 10

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3887440 said:
I dont think Casey or his growl deserved a second shot. Ive only liked him one time and it was way back when he busted out that big bass instrument. But, ever since that it just seems he went by his intense "sexy" look and growl. No thanks.

But, if I have to find a positive, at least the SAVE is out of the way. I hate that new rule. Now, game on.

Casey's last two weeks haven't been great. Doing Nirvana was a bad move for him. But he has a lot of talent. He was pretty good before those weeks. His "With a Little Help From My Friends" I thought was great and the one you are talking about with the standup bass. I think he definitely deserved the save but he better bring it now. I really thought Thia was gonna be gone last night.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Can't wait until America comes to it's senses and votes off Niami.

She is the most pitchy contestant on the show.

Every time she signs she sounds like she is struggling to hear herself which I can see once, maybe twice, but the rest of them don't have that issue constantly. Which tells me she is the problem. She had the In Ear monitor this last week and she still sucked.

Plus she looks like something from a bad Sci-Fi movie.

I think the one who has made himself a millionaire already regardless of the outcome is Scotty. I promise you someone here in Nashville is already working on how to get him here once his contract from AI is up.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Oh, and does anyone even miss the "Old" AI judges? Tyler has really saved this program. He's crazy and you just don't know what is going to fall out of his mouth next.

Well, Paula was like that but that was because she is a dope.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3888000 said:
Can't wait until America comes to it's senses and votes off Niami.

She is the most pitchy contestant on the show.

Every time she signs she sounds like she is struggling to hear herself which I can see once, maybe twice, but the rest of them don't have that issue constantly. Which tells me she is the problem. She had the In Ear monitor this last week and she still sucked.

Plus she looks like something from a bad Sci-Fi movie.

I think the one who has made himself a millionaire already regardless of the outcome is Scotty. I promise you someone here in Nashville is already working on how to get him here once his contract from AI is up.

I totally agree with that. I couldn't believe they saved her initially. She is about the weakest link of all the contestants left IMO.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3888004 said:
Oh, and does anyone even miss the "Old" AI judges? Tyler has really saved this program. He's crazy and you just don't know what is going to fall out of his mouth next.

Well, Paula was like that but that was because she is a dope.

He is the worst judge. He doesnt critique. Everything is beautiful to him.But, I guess the spontaneous factor is what they brought him in here for.

kristie

Reaction score
BlueStar3398;3887800 said:
They nearly gave him a heart attack! :laugh2:

i know! i thought for a second that he was going to collapse.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Naima is terrible. She has a nice story and dances. Besides that she is by far the worst singer left. The fact that she made it this far baffles me.

You can't watch lauren and then naima and tell me they belong on the same stage.

kristie

Reaction score
Muhast;3888361 said:
Naima is terrible. She has a nice story and dances. Besides that she is by far the worst singer left. The fact that she made it this far baffles me.

You can't watch lauren and then naima and tell me they belong on the same stage.

it bugs me too.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3888262 said:
He is the worst judge. He doesnt critique. Everything is beautiful to him.But, I guess the spontaneous factor is what they brought him in here for.

I wouldn't say he's the worst judge. He does critique but it's very subtle. He might say something like, "That wasn't really in your range but it sounded beautiful on the notes you hit."

So the critique is somewhat convoluted but overall, I think he has saved the show. I had watched it before to have something in common with my daughter to talk about but now I am just as interested in the show for the show itself.

blindzebra

Reaction score
This is the best season I have watched.

Best talent and Tyler is nuts...just what a show that was jumping the shark needed.

Now just dump Thia, Hailey and Naima America so we can all watch without muting the tv.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
blindzebra;3888702 said:

Best talent and Tyler is nuts...just what a show that was jumping the shark needed.

Now just dump Thia, Hailey and Naima America so we can all watch without muting the tv.

Hailey is pretty good. I like her. She's not for everyone because she has a unique quality in her voice. A good example of that is the group Sugarland who performed the other night. I really love Jennifer Nettles voice. But I know people here who can't stand her voice. To each his own I guess.

I agree on the other two however.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
Hailey is one of the best IMO in terms of originality.

I don't think Pia or Jacob have it in them to sell tons of records, although they are very good.

I really, really, really cannot stand James Durbin. I respect his overcoming torrets and all, but he's really nothing more than a poor man's straight-version of Adam Lambert...

Casey and Paul are still the best IMO. Unfortunately the teenybopper voters don't understand them.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3888706 said:
Hailey is pretty good. I like her. She's not for everyone because she has a unique quality in her voice. A good example of that is the group Sugarland who performed the other night. I really love Jennifer Nettles voice. But I know people here who can't stand her voice. To each his own I guess.

I agree on the other two however.

To me Hailey is too inconsistent. She could be a Joplin or Nicks but over half of everything she sings becomes screechy, screaming.

blindzebra

Reaction score
xout;3888719 said:
Hailey is one of the best IMO in terms of originality.

I don't think Pia or Jacob have it in them to sell tons of records, although they are very good.

I really, really, really cannot stand James Durbin. I respect his overcoming torrets and all, but he's really nothing more than a poor man's straight-version of Adam Lambert...

Casey and Paul are still the best IMO. Unfortunately the teenybopper voters don't understand them.

Lambert can't hold James jock in terms of vocal ability. Lambert's scream became annoying after the second time he did it.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
My point is that their is already someone who sounds like James Durbin - he's named Adam Lambert.

Their's already plenty of stars who sound like Thia, Naima, Pia, Lauren, Stefano, and Scotty.

Their really isn't anyone who sounds like Paul, Casey, or Hailey for that matter.

Jacob is excellent as well but he's also boring.

kristie

Reaction score
blindzebra;3888702 said:

what i think has made this season so awesome. :D