American Idol season 10

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
blindzebra;3888702 said:
This is the best season I have watched.

Best talent and Tyler is nuts...just what a show that was jumping the shark needed.

Now just dump Thia, Hailey and Naima America so we can all watch without muting the tv.
Agree with everything but Hailey.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I also think the groups of contestants are one of the very best, but according to ratings, last year people tuned in more. And I think last year was one of the worst seasons. What gives?

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
About Naima.
She is probably the weakest voice in the competition, but she has the cool factor that interests me. I like the dancing and the reggae thing she has going. To me, I rather root for something that entertains me than just someone who can sing beautiful ballad after ballad after ballad. Thats why I prefer Naima to someone like a Thia or a Pia.

My favorite is Lauren Alaina. She can do both. Work the stage, and sing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I like Naima, but she's going to go home soon I bet.

I started out liking Jacob Lusk, but now he is sounding the same each time.

Scotty is very good for how young he is.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3888967 said:
I also think the groups of contestants are one of the very best, but according to ratings, last year people tuned in more. And I think last year was one of the worst seasons. What gives?
There's never been a show that has received this high of ratings for this long. Most shows fade much more quickly. You can't keep everyone's attention forever. If it got better and better every year for the next five years, you can expect the ratings to gradually drop each year.

Even still, it's the highest rated show on television.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3888973 said:
About Naima.
She is probably the weakest voice in the competition, but she has the cool factor that interests me. I like the dancing and the reggae thing she has going. To me, I rather root for something that entertains me than just someone who can sing beautiful ballad after ballad after ballad. Thats why I prefer Naima to someone like a Thia or a Pia.

My favorite is Lauren Alaina. She can do both. Work the stage, and sing.

In a singing competition, that's not good. I get what you are saying about her entertainment value, but I can't get past the poor pitch. Plus it looks like she can't find the music sometimes. She seems a bit off frequently from the music.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Thats why it's called American Idol, you see some that love Haley, some hate her. The fact that America gets all of the control over who wins the show is awesome to me.

Some dislike Pia for standing still, but then watched Thia actually have fun and she had her worst vocal performance yet. There are tons of singers who made a living off of just belting on the mic like Celine and Mariah. Others who dance but can't sing well like J-Lo and Britney, and then the handful that do both well.

I have a feeling Pia will loosen up after the comments the Judges made so we will see what happens. She has the look, she has the voice, does the have the right style though?

Haley has a unique voice, but she does sound whiney at times.

Lauren is the most rounded in my opinion. She looks like a pro on the stage and sings well. She'll most likely end up a country/pop singer.

Scotty is really good, but will only be country.

Stefano sounds just like Bruno Mars, so that will be the death of him. Bruno has hits, we don't need a clone of him.

Casey and Paul are unique, but there isn't always a place for unique on the radio. How often do you turn on the radio and say "wow that was a cool song, havn't heard that before"? Probably not very often lately.

Naima is "cool" but she doesn't really look that great, she doesn't sing that great, and truthfully doesn't dance that great. There has to be a 1000 people who are better than her at all 3 things. I can't see her making it.

Thia looks and sounds like a Disney records singer. Maybe she'd fit in well there?

I def agree that Durbin is just like Adam Lambert. If you want to argue on who is better, that's fine but the fact remains that they sound very similar.

Jacob can probably have a very successful Gospel career, but there is 0 chance he'll win and be their superstar.

It's really hard putting your finger on who has the best shot at this point.

kristie

Reaction score
Muhast;3889185 said:
Thats why it's called American Idol, you see some that love Haley, some hate her. The fact that America gets all of the control over who wins the show is awesome to me.

Some dislike Pia for standing still, but then watched Thia actually have fun and she had her worst vocal performance yet. There are tons of singers who made a living off of just belting on the mic like Celine and Mariah. Others who dance but can't sing well like J-Lo and Britney, and then the handful that do both well.

I have a feeling Pia will loosen up after the comments the Judges made so we will see what happens. She has the look, she has the voice, does the have the right style though?

Haley has a unique voice, but she does sound whiney at times.

Lauren is the most rounded in my opinion. She looks like a pro on the stage and sings well. She'll most likely end up a country/pop singer.

Scotty is really good, but will only be country.

Stefano sounds just like Bruno Mars, so that will be the death of him. Bruno has hits, we don't need a clone of him.

Casey and Paul are unique, but there isn't always a place for unique on the radio. How often do you turn on the radio and say "wow that was a cool song, havn't heard that before"? Probably not very often lately.

Naima is "cool" but she doesn't really look that great, she doesn't sing that great, and truthfully doesn't dance that great. There has to be a 1000 people who are better than her at all 3 things. I can't see her making it.

Thia looks and sounds like a Disney records singer. Maybe she'd fit in well there?

I def agree that Durbin is just like Adam Lambert. If you want to argue on who is better, that's fine but the fact remains that they sound very similar.

Jacob can probably have a very successful Gospel career, but there is 0 chance he'll win and be their superstar.

It's really hard putting your finger on who has the best shot at this point.

that's why i don't think there's a clear-cut favorite at this point. everyone is good.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
naima is so annoying. let's make every song reggae every week. I mean I get that she is all about her culture but imagine if Scotty wore American flag outfits every week lol you would think he is corny. that's how I feel about her.

Pia was awesome again. Needs to pick up the pace tho getting boring
I liked Haley this week. usually don't care for her.
Casey was good. didn't care for Jacob or Paul
Lauren was great.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Scotty, Lauren and Haley were great. James was real good as well.

Can we please now get rid of Naima? Please. She should never have even gotten this far.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
theogt;3893464 said:
That Benny and the Jets Haley did was pretty cool.

You're right. The more I hear her sing the more I like her.

I listen to her sing the Wall Street Journal.

One more thing. That song when it first came out, I didn't know the lyrics.

I thought he was saying "She's got electric :busty: and a mohair suit."

I kept trying to figure out where the plug would be.

:laugh2:

kristie

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3893462 said:
Scotty, Lauren and Haley were great. James was real good as well.

Can we please now get rid of Naima? Please. She should never have even gotten this far.

i know, right?

kristie

Reaction score
BTW, what did you guys think of thia? i'm only asking because no one here has mentioned her yet.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
kristie;3893472 said:
BTW, what did you guys think of thia? i'm only asking because no one here has mentioned her yet.
One of the bottom three.

Viper

Reaction score
kristie;3893472 said:

Thia has a wonderful voice, she is singing to "old" for her age. If someone could bring her youth out, she would knock em dead.