American Idol season 10

kristie

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3808422 said:
Carrie Underwood was the last season the show found a superstar. Ever since Season 4, its been downhill.

Theres only been 2, maybe 3 success stories. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry.

This show is on life support. Wouldnt be surprised if this is the last season.

I am tuning in just for curiosity. I think they will be looking for another country singer ala Carrie.

i think they're just looking for a girl singer period. it probably won't matter what genre of music she sings.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
kristie;3808886 said:
i think they're just looking for a girl singer period. it probably won't matter what genre of music she sings.

I agree but if they try to shove said girl down the audience's throat (like they did with Crystal) they are just going to vote for another wgwg.

kristie

Reaction score
Go Big D!;3808893 said:
I agree but if they try to shove said girl down the audience's throat (like they did with Crystal) they are just going to vote for another wgwg.

that's what i'm afraid of. nothing wrong with a wgwg, but that type has won the show 3 years in a row. a different winner is needed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3808422 said:
Carrie Underwood was the last season the show found a superstar. Ever since Season 4, its been downhill.

Theres only been 2, maybe 3 success stories. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry.

This show is on life support. Wouldnt be surprised if this is the last season.

I am tuning in just for curiosity. I think they will be looking for another country singer ala Carrie.
Jennifer Hudson?

The kids who went to country have all done fairly well. Kelly Pickler, Bucky Covington, Josh Gracin.

rynochop

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3807274 said:
I quit watching it 3 years ago.

This show has run its course.

I'm waiting for the entire reality tv genre to run its course. Ugh.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kristie;3808843 said:
yes it is to a certain extent.

I think Simon jumped ship at the right time.

I really wasn't impressed with the talent last season at all. There was not one contestant that I looked forward to watch each week. Every season up to then had that someone you knew would bring it.

I'm holding my opinions until after a few shows in just to see who will "assume" Simon's role and if it will seem forced.

Simon made that show.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;3809914 said:
I think Simon jumped ship at the right time.

I really wasn't impressed with the talent last season at all. There was not one contestant that I looked forward to watch each week. Every season up to then had that someone you knew would bring it.

I'm holding my opinions until after a few shows in just to see who will "assume" Simon's role and if it will seem forced.

Simon made that show.

I could have typed that word for word.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Hostile;3809152 said:
Jennifer Hudson?

The kids who went to country have all done fairly well. Kelly Pickler, Bucky Covington, Josh Gracin.

Jennifer Hudson! How did I miss her?!! Kellie is doing well. But, I wouldnt call her a superstar. Ditto Bucky. Josh.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3809984 said:
Jennifer Hudson! How did I miss her?!! Kellie is doing well. But, I wouldnt call her a superstar. Ditto Bucky. Josh.
I wasn't saying they were superstars, but they are making an impact in the genre. Much more than the kids in other genres. At least it appears that way to me. I think that the winners all have a year of success and maybe the runners up too, but the 3 you mentioned and Jennifer Hudson seem to be the ones who have grabbed a place in fame that they will hang onto. The others have all faded into oblivion.

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;3810012 said:
I wasn't saying they were superstars, but they are making an impact in the genre. Much more than the kids in other genres. At least it appears that way to me. I think that the winners all have a year of success and maybe the runners up too, but the 3 you mentioned and Jennifer Hudson seem to be the ones who have grabbed a place in fame that they will hang onto. The others have all faded into oblivion.

you forgot this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3WFBp6vsfI

his new album is coming out sometime in the spring.

kristie

Reaction score
tonight's the night. i'm watching, & i'm curious as to what is going to happen.

kristie

Reaction score
did anyone watch last night(not holding my breath on that)? let's just say after watching, i think idol will be fine. ;)

*waits for the doubt to start coming*