American Idol season 10

kristie

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3823158 said:
Always like Aerosmith and Steven Tyler.

I was skeptical that this could work out. Thought the show would tank without Simon. But so far Steven has done an excellent job. Where before I would wait to laugh at something Simon would say to belittle a contestant for doing a bad job...Now I wait for something for Steven to say that will make me laugh for a multitude of reasons.

That light a match line ( won't say it all as it is best not said here) had me rolling.

Plus you can tell that even at his age, even with the number of years he has been in the business, even with the problems he has had...he still loves and has a great passion for music. Where simon seemed to be just disgusted or bored with it all for the most part and even when he was excited it seemed like he was just seeing dollar signs. Passion for the money not the actual music itself. Hard to get across what I mean with simon...maybe not passion just for the money, maybe more the business side as a whole instead of just the music.

Now...still does not mean I will probably watch much beyond the first interviews as normally i just don't care for the type of music that Idol tends to try to push or the audience it caters to. But I got say Steven is doing a great job for the show IMO.

i was laughing my butt off when he said that. steven tyler is so funny. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3823158 said:
Always like Aerosmith and Steven Tyler.

That light a match line ( won't say it all as it is best not said here) had me rolling.
My wife played that for me about 3 hours ago. That was seriously funny stuff.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Watching the Medina story got me uncomfortable for exploiting his fiance like that. It was WAY over the top, sickening. His voice is okay, they don't need to do that for him.

The Lauren girl from tonight is pretty good. Only 15. But, really Nigel, the next Kelly Clarkson? Stop. the. Pimping.

kristie

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3824381 said:
Watching the Medina story got me uncomfortable for exploiting his fiance like that. It was WAY over the top, sickening. His voice is okay, they don't need to do that for him.

The Lauren girl from tonight is pretty good. Only 15. But, really Nigel, the next Kelly Clarkson? Stop. the. Pimping.

i know, right? comparing her to kelly clarkson is like comparing apples to oranges.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3824381 said:
Seriously?

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
theogt;3824422 said:
Seriously?

Yep. especially when they wheeled her in to wave, that was too over the top. Reminds me of Gokey last year when they/he constantly had to remind us his wife had died. Pity vote much?

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
The judges asked him to bring her in. He didn't just wheel her into the audition with him.

kristie

Reaction score
Go Big D!;3825341 said:
The judges asked him to bring her in. He didn't just wheel her into the audition with him.

yeah, i remember them asking him if they could meet her, & he brought her in along her family & his family too.

CoCo

Reaction score
Count me amongst those who didn't think it was exploitation anymore than what they do with giving the personal background of every other contestant.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
These are my thoughts on the Chris Medina story that I wrote elsewhere:

While a nice story, his voice was good enough to put him through regardless. It seemed rather exploitative to me, not by the participant, but by the producers of the show. It really was a devastating tragedy what happened to the girl, and we don't know what the future holds for the two of them, whether they'll stay together, or things might change due to the difficulty of the situation. If it's the latter, then later on down the line, news could be made of it, and it will just seem to severely cheapen the whole thing post facto, and put unwarranted negativity on Chris.

I don't really care for the show much in the beginning, but Tyler is doing great. I can't wait to see what he says when the real talent gets to be critiqued.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;3825456 said:
These are my thoughts on the Chris Medina story that I wrote elsewhere:

While a nice story, his voice was good enough to put him through regardless. It seemed rather exploitative to me, not by the participant, but by the producers of the show. It really was a devastating tragedy what happened to the girl, and we don't know what the future holds for the two of them, whether they'll stay together, or things might change due to the difficulty of the situation. If it's the latter, then later on down the line, news could be made of it, and it will just seem to severely cheapen the whole thing post facto, and put unwarranted negativity on Chris.

I don't really care for the show much in the beginning, but Tyler is doing great. I can't wait to see what he says when the real talent gets to be critiqued.

That I would buy more than the guy taking advantage of his disabled fiancee for votes.

Though, I don't think this story is exploited more than any other sob story or back story the producers choose to highlight. To use as an example, the kid who says he was bullied growing up. His story got just as much air time as this Medina kid.

I just don't think it's fair for people to paint sob stories as being exploited by the contestants when it seems more likely it's the producers pushing the story for ratings and interest purposes.

Though, I can see how some fans of the show are leery after the Gokey season.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
I didn't think she was all that they made her out to be.
Good, yes. the best we've seen this season, no.

But she is the chosen one so they'll be pushing her hard.
They so badly want a female winner this season.

kristie

Reaction score
Go Big D!;3825677 said:

yeah they do because guys have won the past three years.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
kristie;3825673 said:
she's great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irdnDeu2hmE

still, there are others out there who could be better then her.

Go Big D!;3825677 said:

Who was this? The video has been taken down.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
And the guys have not been very successful. David Cook did alright, but Kris Allen? Lee Dewyze?

So yeah, they are desperate for a female. They will probably mold Lauren into a country bumpkin.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Im just sick of all sob stories, really.

Whats the over/under the camera pans to Medina's fiance in the audience with an "I love you" sign all glittered out front and center.

You bet he is making it to the Top 12/13, even if his voice sucks.

Im not saying he sucks, but he could stand there and babble and the judges already made up their mind he is there sob story/pity vote getter.