American Idol season 10

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm not feelin either one of these finals contestants but in my opinion Lauren was the best tonight for sure.

Scottys George Straight song was good though.

I hated Scottys last song.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
In order of best to worst like I have been doing the last couple of weeks.

1. Scotty...Gone. I think energy songs are the way to win these contests. Get the people pumped.

2. Lauren...Flat of the Floor. Lauren was on, but not as much energy possible.

3. Scotty...This Big. That is a country song. He nailed the vibe. That will sell when they release it and that is the point.

4. Lauren...Maybe It Was Memphis. Great song choice for her and she did good.

5. Lauren...Like My Mama Did. Great emotion with her Mom in the audience, but not much else.

6. Scotty...Check Yes or No. Ugh, I love George Strait and I wish he had chosen one of his better songs for Scotty if he was going to choose his own. Amarillo By Morning or The Fireman or The Chair or Seashores of Old Mexico. Wrong song.

Been saying it for weeks, I think Scotty wins.

kristie

Reaction score
Hostile;3958052 said:

1. Scotty...Gone. I think energy songs are the way to win these contests. Get the people pumped.

3. Scotty...This Big. That is a country song. He nailed the vibe. That will sell when they release it and that is the point.

5. Lauren...Like My Mama Did. Great emotion with her Mom in the audience, but not much else.

6. Scotty...Check Yes or No. Ugh, I love George Strait and I wish he had chosen one of his better songs for Scotty if he was going to choose his own. Amarillo By Morning or The Fireman or The Chair or Seashores of Old Mexico. Wrong song.

dial idol agrees with you, hos:
http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Hostile;3958052 said:

For me it was:

1 Lauren - Like My Mama Did
2 Lauren - Maybe it was Memphis
3 Scotty - Gone
4 Lauren - Flat on the Floor
5 Scotty - This Big
6 Scotty - Check Yes of No

I thought Lauren really had the better night. I think her single would do way better than Scottys. I didn't like his at all. Maybe it's just because I can't stand him. His stage presence kills it for me. He is terrible up there.

That being said, the little girl voters will push him through. Scotty will probably win.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
MetalHead;3958413 said:
Drudge is reporting that Scotty won by double margin...developing.

Yuk! I hate his singing style! Oh well, hope the kid has a nice career.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Scotty must be coachable. He no longer is making those annoying, over-the-top. goofy facial expressions. Also, he isn't holding the microphone like a flute now.

I don't care who wins, though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think Scotty had the thing wrapped up from week 1.

Let me explain. He had 5 things going for him that no other contestant did.

1. He is single. I think the "dreams of with him" factor is big. Married contestants have an automatic disadvantage.

2. He is a nice kid. The Likability factor is definitely there. If he was a brat to the judges or anyone else it would show. He didn't even bash Lady BlahBlah.

3. Country music. It is a very loyal genre who will vote based on that alone.

4. The South. Most of the winners have come from the South. The South is loyal to its own.

5. He is a teenage boy. I think this is huge with teen and pre-teen girls who are usually the most over the top music fans there are.

Kid was playing with a stacked deck. I wouldn't be shocked if Seacrest announced tonight that he was the high vote getter each week.

Wimbo

Reaction score
In my opinion, which I am sure many disagree with, last nights finalist show was a sleeper. Neither of the remaining contestents (again, my opinion) are capable of taking a song and really kickin' it's {crevice below the lower back}. I can appreciate their talent, but I am not overly impressed.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Hostile;3958447 said:
5. He is a teenage boy. I think this is huge with teen and pre-teen girls who are usually the most loyal music fans there are.

This. Teen/tween girls are the ones that vote 100+ times per night.

kristie

Reaction score
CATCH17;3958135 said:
Oh man I would've gone banana's if she would've found her way back and won.

me too. i would've been shocked yet happy if that had happened. i would've felt sorry for lauren though because she would've been so close to achieving her dream only to have it taken away from her.

kristie

Reaction score
MetalHead;3958413 said:
Drudge is reporting that Scotty won by double margin...developing.

somehow i doubt that drudge has access to the show's results.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Lauren never really had a chance. I wouldnt doubt Scotty winning by the widest margin in shows history. The only person I think that could have closed that gap would have been Durbin.

The finale was lackluster for me. But, I think both will have solid careers in country music.

kristie

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3958796 said:
Lauren never really had a chance. I wouldnt doubt Scotty winning by the widest margin in shows history. The only person I think that could have closed that gap would have been Durbin.

The finale was lackluster for me. But, I think both will have solid careers in country music.

i think they will too. i just don't think either will have the kind of success that carrie underwood has had ever since she won idol.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Duuurrhh...I'm gunna win me an Americun Idull.....

alfred-e-newman.gif

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
theogt;3958810 said:
Duuurrhh...I'm gunna win me an Americun Idull.....

alfred-e-newman.gif

Perfect. Is it just me or has the striking resemblance generally gone without notice?