American Idol season 10

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;3954376 said:
Taylor Hicks redux. American Idol voters are idiots.

You see Scottys coming home parade?

Nothin but little girls.

If you get little girls on your side it's over.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
CATCH17;3954333 said:
Well there goes your the best singer on the show and I guess I'll watch the finale and I'm done with this show.

I refuse to believe that anybody, including the 13 year old girls can think Scotty/Lauren are better then Pia/Haley.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Muhast;3954384 said:
I refuse to believe that anybody, including the 13 year old girls can think Scotty/Lauren are better then Pia/Haley.

Its unbelievable man.

I'm not gonna lie it was a little bit of a gut punch when they said Lauren was staying but it's all good.

I'm just glad I was put in a position to hear her (luckily) and got to hear a unique and classic style for a change.

I just hate where music is headed right now and hopefully she sticks with her strengths in her career and jams out.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Muhast;3954384 said:

Lauren is a "different" signer than Pia or Hailey. It's not really about better. It's what kind of style appeals to a larger audience.

Scotty and Lauren have a larger fan base because Country music appeals across a much broader audience. Everyone thought Hailey would survive because the country vote would split. But obviously that didn't happen.

And for those thinking that it's only little girls voting, what is the excuse for Lauren making it over Hailey?

honestly, Scotty and Lauren will have longer and more financially successful careers than anyone else on this years show simply due to two things.

1. They both sing really well.
2. Country music has a much more loyal fan base than most every other genre.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
CATCH17;3954388 said:
Its unbelievable man.

I'm not gonna lie it was a little bit of a gut punch when they said Lauren was staying but it's all good.

I'm just glad I was put in a position to hear her (luckily) and got to hear a unique and classic style for a change.

I just hate where music is headed right now and hopefully she sticks with her strengths in her career and jams out.

The good thing about music is you can easily go months/years without tuning on the radio. Pretty much every station has a playlist of 20 songs they play non-stop. Just buy an Ipod, or buy the cd/burn it and listen to your fav artists.

There is plenty of avenues to get music like she makes out there between itunes/amazon and other outlets. She'll have a good career as long as she doesnt decide she should be a Christina Aguilera/Alicia Keys singer ( kind of like she was the first few weeks of the show when nobody liked her) and sticks with what she sounds great at (bluesy Adele/jazzy style)

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3954392 said:
Lauren is a "different" signer than Pia or Hailey. It's not really about better. It's what kind of style appeals to a larger audience.

Scotty and Lauren have a larger fan base because Country music appeals across a much broader audience. Everyone thought Hailey would survive because the country vote would split. But obviously that didn't happen.

And for those thinking that it's only little girls voting, what is the excuse for Lauren making it over Hailey?

honestly, Scotty and Lauren will have longer and more financially successful careers than anyone else on this years show simply due to two things.

1. They both sing really well.
2. Country music has a much more loyal fan base than most every other genre.

I guess you could argue that Hailey is more attractive than Lauren and that is why more girls preferred Lauren over Hailey.

Anjinsan

Benched
Reaction score
Muhast;3954394 said:
I guess you could argue that Hailey is more attractive than Lauren and that is why more girls preferred Lauren over Hailey.

Bingo. It's all around you.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Its an all Country finale Y'all. Strap on them chaps n boots.

Scottie was a no brainer. Wow, Lauren is in. I didnt like her chances because I thought splitting the country demographic with Scotty would hurt her. I am happy for her. Been a fav of mine since the beginning, but she lost confidence along the way, while Haley built hers.

Over the past few weeks, Ive grown to like Haley. I will be interested in what kind of music she does. If she sticks to the bluesy stuff, I will probably buy her record.

IMO, Scottie will win by probably the biggest margin in the history of idol. Like someone mentioned, he is the country Beiber. :eek:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Muhast;3954394 said:

I really highly doubt that.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;3954431 said:
Didn't Carrie Underwood win it?
I did say "rarely", not "never". The only other hot chick that did pretty well was the one that lost to Taylor Hicks -- what a complete fail that was.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
theogt;3954434 said:
I did say "rarely", not "never". The only other hot chick that did pretty well was the one that lost to Taylor Hicks -- what a complete fail that was.

True that.

Also, Kelly Clarkson was pretty I thought as well. And Jordan Sparks is not too bad either.

But I get what you are saying. Either way, I don't think women decided to vote for an uglier candidate. Plus it would seem awful trite considering the other girl is only 16.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Scotty wins coin toss but lets Lauren choose
After Reinhart’s elimination, host Ryan Seacrest tossed a coin to determine who would get to choose whether to perform first or second on Wednesday’s finale. The coin featured a picture of McCreery’s face on one side and Alaina’s on the other. It landed on McCreery. But the singer decided to defer to his competitor: In a gentlemanly manner, he asked her if she preferred to go first or second. She chose second.

kristie

Reaction score
CATCH17;3954333 said:
Well there goes your the best singer on the show and I guess I'll watch the finale and I'm done with this show.

same here.:mad:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;3954333 said:

So you will never watch the show again because your favorite singer, who you have only known about for about 90 days didn't win? Really?

I would think you would want to watch so you could see more new artists get a chance at changing their lives.

Face it, Haley is going to have a great career.

But never watching a show again simply because your favorite didn't win doesn't make sense to me.

If that were the case, I would have had to stop watching the cowboys after the third or fourth game last year. :D

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
theogt;3954288 said:
James was a terrible singer, constantly off pitch and too high. Every single song sounded exactly the same despite what genre it was from. His voice was like fingers on a chalkboard. I can't believe he lasted that long.

Just my opinion.

:hammer: Never understood the James love.