American Idol season 11

Wimbo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4557621 said:
Plus, it pretty much was obvious when Jessica was in the bottom three and Steven said, before they know who would be voted off that they were definitely using their save. Add to that the storming of the stage and ripping the mic out of Jessica's hands, it was obvious they knew what was happening and it was set up.

or... just maybe... there were only 2 opportunities left for the judges to use the save, and with the bottom 3 that night they knew they would use it on whoever was in last place.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Wimbo;4557897 said:
or... just maybe... there were only 2 opportunities left for the judges to use the save, and with the bottom 3 that night they knew they would use it on whoever was in last place.

And you don't think that was scripted? That the judges all decided to rush the stage and create that spectacle?

Wimbo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4557947 said:
And you don't think that was scripted? That the judges all decided to rush the stage and create that spectacle?

Doesn't matter if they planned ahead to run up on stage & do their save. I don't think any of the contestants knew what was going on. So, if the judges "scripted" their response... who cares?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Wimbo;4557964 said:
Doesn't matter if they planned ahead to run up on stage & do their save. I don't think any of the contestants knew what was going on. So, if the judges "scripted" their response... who cares?

I never said the contestants knew anything, but the judges sure did.

There is no way that Joshua's Screaming and Jessica's identity crisis is getting more votes than some of the others. Jessica connects with very few people and she is a boring performer, but he fits what Idol's mold is.

Neither of them deserve to be i the top 3, heck top 5 for that matter based on performance. And it's just not them running up on stage that is being scripted. Everything from what they wear (sans P2) to the songs they sing. How the presentation is played out is all AI's doing. The votes count for a certain time and then when they get down to the last 10, that's when Idol starts to manipulate how the show goes forward.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4557980 said:

You are not 'sure' about anything. You are speculating based on your opinion of how events transpired.

There is no way that Joshua's Screaming and Jessica's identity crisis is getting more votes than some of the others. Jessica connects with very few people and she is a boring performer, but he fits what Idol's mold is. Neither of them deserve to be i the top 3, heck top 5 for that matter based on performance.

Totally disagree with you there. I promise, I was not coerced by AI producers to have this opinion.

The votes count for a certain time and then when they get down to the last 10, that's when Idol starts to manipulate how the show goes forward.

And here we have your conspiracy theory. What you are stating is not a fact, but merely your theory. I suspect it is fueled by your opinion that Skylar should have won the competition. Though I admire Skylar's talent, I was not surprised when she was voted off the show. I would rather listen to these remaining contestants than her. Apparently a lot of people feel the same way. Skylar will probably have amazing commercial success... more so than the rest of the contestants due to her talent and the limited competition in the country music genre. If AI was 'fixed', I think they would have been fixing the show for Skylar to win, or at least be top two. Just look what Carrie Underwood did for them... more than any of the "pop" singers that have won. Think about it.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4557980 said:

Again, why are you so sure about this? They could have simply agreed on who was worth saving & who they would let go. If I was one of the judges with 'save power', I know I would have discussed it with the other judges in advance. But even if the judges did know in advance... who cares? Why would that matter? Maybe they just saw a 16 yr old girl getting emotional and scarred about losing, and they ran up there out of mercy?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Wimbo;4557999 said:
You are not 'sure' about anything. You are speculating based on your opinion of how events transpired.

Totally disagree with you there. I promise, I was not coerced by AI producers to have this opinion.

And here we have your conspiracy theory. What you are stating is not a fact, but merely your theory. I suspect it is fueled by your opinion that Skylar should have won the competition. Though I admire Skylar's talent, I was not surprised when she was voted off the show. I would rather listen to these remaining contestants than her. Apparently a lot of people feel the same way. Skylar will probably have amazing commercial success... more so than the rest of the contestants due to her talent and the limited competition in the country music genre. If AI was 'fixed', I think they would have been fixing the show for Skylar to win, or at least be top two. Just look what Carrie Underwood did for them... more than any of the "pop" singers that have won. Think about it.

I will address the last part. AI had two country singers in the top two last year. Do you think country fans just stopped watching the show? It wasn't like they had split the vote last year and neither of them did well. There was enough people watching who were country fans to vote those two to the top. So either, it was a plan by the AI staff to have it that way, or the voting was real last year and this season country fans just stopped voting. I for one know that Skylar is the best performer of the whole season. I didn't say best signer. I think that goes to Jessica, but she is not a performer.

I also think the part about limited competition is hilarious.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Wimbo;4558007 said:
Again, why are you so sure about this? They could have simply agreed on who was worth saving & who they would let go. If I was one of the judges with 'save power', I know I would have discussed it with the other judges in advance. But even if the judges did know in advance... who cares? Why would that matter? Maybe they just saw a 16 yr old girl getting emotional and scarred about losing, and they ran up there out of mercy?

LOL! Mercy? Really? She's in the bottom three, they run up and proclaim her the "BEST EVER" and blamo! never to see the bottom three again.

OKAY.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4558018 said:
I will address the last part. AI had two country singers in the top two last year. Do you think country fans just stopped watching the show? It wasn't like they had split the vote last year and neither of them did well. There was enough people watching who were country fans to vote those two to the top. So either, it was a plan by the AI staff to have it that way, or the voting was real last year and this season country fans just stopped voting. I for one know that Skylar is the best performer of the whole season. I didn't say best signer. I think that goes to Jessica, but she is not a performer.

I also think the part about limited competition is hilarious.

OR, maybe people just vote for the best of who is left, and that determines who stays and who goes home. Just because a good performer goes home before they should, doesn't mean it is a fix(Chris Daughtry, for example). Personally, I don't think Skylar did very well in her last Wednesday night performances. That same show, Hollie had an awesome performance. I think it was enough to swing the vote in a tight field of contestants. But, come on man... just because things didn't go the way you thought they would, it doesn't mean the show is fixed.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4557471 said:
Mantasia.

That is a great name for him! He is the male version of Fantasia.

I like all of them, but not blown away by any of them. Maybe I've been watching the show too long.

I did love Jessica's rendition of "I Will Always Love You" & "Dance With My Father". I don't think she has the stage presence they are looking for though.

I loved David Cook and his first album. I didn't like the second album though. And, I like his new song he performed last night.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Wimbo;4558064 said:
OR, maybe people just vote for the best of who is left, and that determines who stays and who goes home. Just because a good performer goes home before they should, doesn't mean it is a fix(Chris Daughtry, for example). Personally, I don't think Skylar did very well in her last Wednesday night performances. That same show, Hollie had an awesome performance. I think it was enough to swing the vote in a tight field of contestants. But, come on man... just because things didn't go the way you thought they would, it doesn't mean the show is fixed.

Oh, I thought it was best for Skylar to get voted off. She can move forward with her career without the restrictions, but it is obvious that people just don't vote for the best performance.

kristie

Reaction score
BlueStar3398;4558093 said:
I loved his first album. I went and saw his show when he was on tour for the 1st album.

I was very disappointed with the second album. I wonder if RCA dropped him because the album didn't sell very well?

i have no idea because i thought his second CD was very good. someone had also told me that RCA only signed david to a two-album deal after he had won idol, which seems weird to me.

kristie

Reaction score
BlueStar3398;4558102 said:
That is a great name for him! He is the male version of Fantasia.

I like all of them, but not blown away by any of them. Maybe I've been watching the show too long.

I did love Jessica's rendition of "I Will Always Love You" & "Dance With My Father". I don't think she has the stage presence they are looking for though.

I loved David Cook and his first album. I didn't like the second album though. And, I like his new song he performed last night.

so did i. i loved it. :D

kristie

Reaction score
for anyone who hasn't seen this yet:

[youtube]80vCvyLBEMo[/youtube]

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various thoughts:

i doubt seriously it is fixed.
they DO know vote totals before the show but they don't change them imho.
they did KNOW they were saving jessica.
they did fake act it out and jlo is not a good actress as various movies have proven.

hollie may well have ourtperformed skylar the week skylar was booted....
BUT good lord it was england week....
no way skylar was going to beat out hollie with that songbook advantage.
hollie and jessica are very talented but both neither is ready.
jessica is heinously out of her depths trying to connect with the songs she sings. no one is a diva at 16.
hollie didn't even make it to hollywood last year. she needs a lot more growth before becoming a solo artist. her niche is that england and us have so many cross-over artists now. the top 40s are nearly identical in both countries.

adam and kris. we can all speculate but end of the day adam got old and stale. his over the top performances were generally not "original" but instead other artists renditions easily found on youtube. BUT mostly it doesn't matter who wins because the shows owns their rights if it wants them. They DO have adam under contract.

19 entertainment is the one who owns all American Idol talent by contract.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Entertainment

Current 19 Recordings artist roster

Will Young (19/RCA Records)
Kelly Clarkson (19/RCA)
Guy Sebastian (19/Sony Music Australia)
Alexander Klaws (19/Sony Music Germany)
Daniel Lindström (19/LaLuff)
Agnes Carlsson (19/Geffen Records)
Ruben Studdard (19/Shanachie)
Clay Aiken (19/Decca)
Fantasia Barrino (19/RCA)
Jennifer Hudson (19/RCA)
Carrie Underwood (19/Arista Nashville)
Taylor Hicks (19/Modern Whomp Records/S)
Katharine McPhee (19/Columbia Records)
Kellie Pickler (19/BNA Records)
Chris Daughtry (19/RCA)
Jordin Sparks (19/RCA)
Blake Lewis (19/Tommy Boy Entertainment)
David Cook (19/RCA)
Allison Iraheta
Kris Allen (19/RCA)
Adam Lambert (19/RCA)
Danny Gokey (19/RCA Nashville)
Orianthi (19/Geffen)
Casey James (19/BNA)
Pia Toscano (19/Interscope Records)
Scotty McCreery (19/Mercury Nashville/Interscope)
Lauren Alaina (19/Mercury Nashville/Interscope)
Haley Reinhart (19/Interscope)
James Durbin (19/Wind-up Records)

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
kristie;4561463 said:
oh boy :rolleyes:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1684873/howard-stern-today-show-american-idol.jhtml

i'm guessing this may have more to do with him being on america's got talent. what do you all think of it?

Well he is right, they are wayyyyy to easy on most of the contestants. Steven Tyler especially, the very worst he'll say is "I just wasn't feeling it tonight, but you look sexy tonight" or something equally unhelpful and creepy if it's a girl.

I don't think Stern is qualified to be one either. They should just use that guy Jimmy Iovine, he knows what he is talking about and doesn't sugar coat it.

kristie

Reaction score
Muhast;4561697 said:
Well he is right, they are wayyyyy to easy on most of the contestants. Steven Tyler especially, the very worst he'll say is "I just wasn't feeling it tonight, but you look sexy tonight" or something equally unhelpful and creepy if it's a girl.

I don't think Stern is qualified to be one either. They should just use that guy Jimmy Iovine, he knows what he is talking about and doesn't sugar coat it.

definitely. i hope it happens.