American Idol season 11

Wimbo

Reaction score
Why do people think that the AI brass are hoping/rigging it for Jessica to make the finals? The judges were pretty harsh on her last night (relatively speaking).

kristie

Reaction score
Wimbo;4564486 said:
Why do people think that the AI brass are hoping/rigging it for Jessica to make the finals? The judges were pretty harsh on her last night (relatively speaking).

the way they've been praising her to the high heavens, the fact that she can't seem to do no wrong in their eyes, the fact that she was saved. there are many reasons.

Wimbo

Reaction score
kristie;4564510 said:
the way they've been praising her to the high heavens, the fact that she can't seem to do no wrong in their eyes, the fact that she was saved. there are many reasons.

Other than being saved, you can say that for all the contestants. They haven't issues a beat down on anyone in the top 12, that I can remember anyway.
They praised Skylar more than anyone, and she is gone. I guess I just don't buy the conspiracy theory like others do.

kristie

Reaction score
Wimbo;4564530 said:
Other than being saved, you can say that for all the contestants. They haven't issues a beat down on anyone in the top 12, that I can remember anyway.
They praised Skylar more than anyone, and she is gone. I guess I just don't buy the conspiracy theory like others do.

they issued regular beatdowns on hollie cavanagh just like they did with haley reinhart last season. it was disgusting.:mad:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Wimbo;4564530 said:

:lmao2:

You ain't been paying attention then.

Wimbo

Reaction score
kristie;4564614 said:
oh i remember how they trashed skylar. :mad:

Please... go to this site and look at the judges comments for every song. They rarely had anything negative to say about Skylar. http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_11/skylar_laine/

Now, go back and look at what they said about Jessica: http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_11/jessica_sanchez/

As you can see, they have been harder on Jessica than they were on Skylar.

Same for Phillip - several songs where they were just OK with it, or they "didn't love it".

Skylar? Every judge is positive on every one of the songs you can see there.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Has anyone other than Jessica or Joshua ever gotten a standing O? I can't remember

Wimbo

Reaction score
dexternjack;4564659 said:
Has anyone other than Jessica or Joshua ever gotten a standing O? I can't remember

yes... I can remember Deandre, Colton, Skylar, and Phillip also getting Standing Ovations. Not sure if there were more.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4564761 said:
So happy my girl made it. Phillip will be tough to beat though.

Glad your glad ----I hope Phillip wins ---I do not and haven't like her from the beginning.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Great song for Joshua to go out on. "Meh ghret hoan mor snyr toshnf".

Couldn't understand most of what he sang to start with so that was appropriate.

kristie

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4564792 said:
Great song for Joshua to go out on. "Meh ghret hoan mor snyr toshnf".

Couldn't understand most of what he sang to start with so that was appropriate.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Wimbo;4564649 said:
Please... go to this site and look at the judges comments for every song. They rarely had anything negative to say about Skylar. http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_11/skylar_laine/

Now, go back and look at what they said about Jessica: http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_11/jessica_sanchez/

As you can see, they have been harder on Jessica than they were on Skylar.

Same for Phillip - several songs where they were just OK with it, or they "didn't love it".

Skylar? Every judge is positive on every one of the songs you can see there.

Exactly, they never had anything negative to say about Skylar. I couldn't stand it because I didn't like her are all.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;4565118 said:
Exactly, they never had anything negative to say about Skylar. I couldn't stand it because I didn't like her are all.

This ^ they always told her that she could win etc. Whether you like Howard Stern or not he is right about the AI judges being way too nice and not being constructive enough! I think the standing o's they gave this season has to be an AI record? The show has gotten really boring since Simon left imo.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Wimbo;4564530 said:

I don't buy it either or Joshua wouldn't have gone home last night. They loved him and gave him a standing O after almost every performance.

I like all 3 of the final contestants for different reasons.
I love Jessica's voice.
I think Joshua is a sweet guy that cares about his fellow contestants. He had tears streaming when Holly went home.
And I think there is something adorable about Phillip that I can't put my finger on.