American Idol season 11

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed, Jimmy Lovine would work perfect, he is my favorite one. I wish a couple years ago Harry Connick Jr would have taken the job.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Jessica is my girl,but I got to keep it real and she had the worst night by far. I cant believe she chose that cheesy Armageddon song to sing. The Mariah song was way too tough for her and you could tell she was not comfortable and strugging with it. Jimmy's song choice was better than the others, but no "moment"

Phillip had a typical Phillip night. Disease was boring though. Joshua was also typical Joshua with his over the top Mantasia moments.

Those will be the top two and they did peform much better than Jessica tonight.

kristie

Reaction score
theogt;4563665 said:
I think that was the weakest top 3 show I've ever seen.

it was indeed very uneven. neither joshua, jessica or phillip were able to dominate.

Wimbo

Reaction score
I can't believe that all season long we hear about Jessica needing to sing something more suitable for her age, then the judges pick that Mariah song...

"I'd give my all to have
Just one more night with you
I'd risk my life to feel
Your body next to mine
'Cause I can't go on
Living in the memory of our song
I'd give my all for your love tonight"

Kinda gross, for a 16 yr old to sing...
For her own song choice, she made a mistake, too. She needed a song to show off her range & control with a big note moment. "Don't want to miss a thing" fell short, IMO. Making that last note a big one felt contrived. Jimmy's song for her was a good choice, but overall her performances were boring to me.

I think the finalists will be Joshua and Phillip. Loved the Bob Seger song.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4563666 said:
Jessica is my girl,but I got to keep it real and she had the worst night by far. I cant believe she chose that cheesy Armageddon song to sing. The Mariah song was way too tough for her and you could tell she was not comfortable and strugging with it. Jimmy's song choice was better than the others, but no "moment"

Phillip had a typical Phillip night. Disease was boring though. Joshua was also typical Joshua with his over the top Mantasia moments.

Those will be the top two and they did peform much better than Jessica tonight.

Jessica doing that Mariah was TERRIBLE and yet the judges gushed over it. Ridiculous. I don't get all the love for Joshua either. Phillips first song was great but then Disease was pretty damn boring for sure.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Boring
Boring
Boring

And the typical responses. Jessica is the greatest thing in the world. Joshua is so close to being the greatest thing in the world. Phillip, great song, great performance but you had to mess with the melody.

It's the same thing week in and week out.

J-Lo will be gone from next seasons Idol which can only be an improvement unless they bring back some dope like Ellen again who had no business being there.

They need to stick to critiquing the performances and not acting the fool over their pets. I won't even bother watching tonight unless my daughter forces me to.

phillycard

Reaction score
This show has to be the most drawn out piece of hype I've ever seen. I was wearing a winter coat when the thing started! I used to be excited for it the first few seasons, now it's just irritating that I'm still seeing promos for the "big final showdowns" that seems like its been centuries in the making. Go off and pick a winner already.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4563847 said:
Boring
Boring
Boring

And the typical responses. Jessica is the greatest thing in the world. Joshua is so close to being the greatest thing in the world. Phillip, great song, great performance but you had to mess with the melody.

It's the same thing week in and week out.

J-Lo will be gone from next seasons Idol which can only be an improvement unless they bring back some dope like Ellen again who had no business being there.

They need to stick to critiquing the performances and not acting the fool over their pets. I won't even bother watching tonight unless my daughter forces me to.

Amen---and Amen

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
phillycard;4563930 said:
This show has to be the most drawn out piece of hype I've ever seen. I was wearing a winter coat when the thing started! I used to be excited for it the first few seasons, now it's just irritating that I'm still seeing promos for the "big final showdowns" that seems like its been centuries in the making. Go off and pick a winner already.
Are you familiar with the general length of television series seasons? American Idol has a relatively short season compared to most series, though, unlike most series, they show multiple episodes in one week.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
phillycard;4563930 said:

It just seems that long because this years group was sub par compared to past seasons. Add to that the notorious pimping of two contestants and it is just irritating.

kristie

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4564117 said:
It just seems that long because this years group was sub par compared to past seasons. Add to that the notorious pimping of two contestants and it is just irritating.

definitely. i think that there are going to be loads of changes happening for season 12.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unfortunately, I think Phil is the odd man out tonight because it is painfully obvious they want Jessica and Joshua in the finals.

All three were pretty bad last night and in no way did Josh deserve a standing O on his first friggin song.

kristie

Reaction score
dexternjack;4564469 said:
Unfortunately, I think Phil is the odd man out tonight because it is painfully obvious they want Jessica and Joshua in the finals.

All three were pretty bad last night and in no way did Josh deserve a standing O on his first friggin song.

it does seem that way. they've been wanting that josh/jessica finale probably ever since the top 13 were announced. it's just sickening to me because if i had my way, the finale would be between skylar laine & hollie cavanagh.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kristie;4564477 said:
it does seem that way. they've been wanting that josh/jessica finale probably ever since the top 13 were announced. it's just sickening to me because if i had my way, the finale would be between skylar laine & hollie cavanagh.
Hollie deserved to be there, that is for sure. She was the only one to get better each week for the most part. Skylar will do fine, probably better she did not win AI anyways.