American Idol season 12

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kristie;5032670 said:
i agree. the only person they should fire, IMO, is nicki minaj.

Yes, but add Mariah. She doesn't add anything worthy to most contestants. Randy is just Randy but he is a staple and knows what he is doing. I get tired of hearing "dawg" or whatever but I like him. I can't stand Nicki or Mariah(but I respect her singing). Time to go back to three judges or pack it in IMO, along with keeping Ryan.

Idol is hurting because of the format. They let a bunch of weirdos and whackos audition. Yes, it may add to some funny highlights but it gets old. There is no logical reason those ppl should even try to audition.

The Voice has it right, only the best get to sing blind at the start. Their voting process is better too.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
kristie;5033620 said:
nicki minaj needs to be fired ASAP!!!!!:bang2::bang2::bang2:

Seriously! She is always annoying, rude, and has her mind in the gutter but last night takes the cake! She was talking about Smokey Robinson and Burnell like a horny 16 year old and she was way out of line when she totally embarrassed Devin, Burnell, and Lazaro when she told them to get off of the stage etc.

I think the producers wanted to bring her on to be edgy and boost ratings but I think it's back firing! They're really grasping at straws and like I said in a previous post I think Idol is on it's way out. The Voice is the #1 talent competition now and some would argue that The X-Factor is better as well.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Angie is in trouble. She was hands down the worst last night.

She is going into this sexy/slutty Miley Cyrus thing and it does not fit her.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
blindzebra;5033841 said:
Angie is in trouble. She was hands down the worst last night.

She is going into this sexy/slutty Miley Cyrus thing and it does not fit her.

Yeah I agree....not sure who told her to change? Loved her when she was at the piano and sang ballads!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bad or not, Angie isn't going anywhere. Even if she gets the least amount of votes(<2% chance), she gets saved.

kristie

Reaction score
dexternjack;5033932 said:
Bad or not, Angie isn't going anywhere. Even if she gets the least amount of votes(<2% chance), she gets saved.

I agree, but then again I don't think she's going to be in the bottom 3 tonight.

blindzebra

Reaction score
kristie;5034050 said:
I agree, but then again I don't think she's going to be in the bottom 3 tonight.

All the girls were better and you know Lazaro won't so that equals bottom 3.

WhizKid

Reaction score
Angie had a bad night. But I don't see her being in the bottom 3. I think she has too big of a following already. But we won't mistake her for a soul singer, because that is not her niche. I actually think the judges were pretty accurate in their analysis last night, with the exception of Burnell, I thought he was pretty boo boo, and he looked like a cruise ship performer on stage, and like he was singing the song for a 1970s sitcom.

Top 3 - Amber, Candice, and Kree(she was good for like 95% of her song but jacked up some runs in the end imo)

Bottom 3 - laz(time for him to go), angie(tried to be something she is not, but she'll bounce back, maybe), burnell(his performance made me laugh.

Devin was boring to me as usual, he should start bringing some more Spanish songs back as his voice serves well in that or think about singing more of neosoul with some funk beats to make his performance come alive, jenelle is not the best country singer and it shows.

As for the judges, I could care less as they are not the talent, as long as the boast an honest critique of the talent I'm good. Nicki was harsh, but i wouldnt say wrong. Sometimes she is spot on, its actually really funny.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
da_whiz_kid;5034105 said:
Angie had a bad night. But I don't see her being in the bottom 3. I think she has too big of a following already. But we won't mistake her for a soul singer, because that is not her niche. I actually think the judges were pretty accurate in their analysis last night, with the exception of Burnell, I thought he was pretty boo boo, and he looked like a cruise ship performer on stage, and like he was singing the song for a 1970s sitcom.

Top 3 - Amber, Candice, and Kree(she was good for like 95% of her song but jacked up some runs in the end imo)

Bottom 3 - laz(time for him to go), angie(tried to be something she is not, but she'll bounce back, maybe), burnell(his performance made me laugh.

Devin was boring to me as usual, he should start bringing some more Spanish songs back as his voice serves well in that or think about singing more of neosoul with some funk beats to make his performance come alive, jenelle is not the best country singer and it shows.

As for the judges, I could care less as they are not the talent, as long as the boast an honest critique of the talent I'm good. Nicki was harsh, but i wouldnt say wrong. Sometimes she is spot on, its actually really funny.

While I agree with you on most of your post, I disagree on your Burnell take :D . I thought he was very good and I liked how he put his own spin on it and didn't try to sound like Stevie. What didn't you like about the performance? I think Jimmy Iovine is pretty spot on in his assessments and he loved Burnell's performance. You can't say he was flat or off key cause he definitely wasn't!

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
kristie;5035966 said:
she is!! she seriously needs to be fired! :banghead::banghead:

I agree! I like when a judge gives constructive criticism rather than sugar coating everything i.e. Simon but Nicki is way too rude and annoying!

kristie

Reaction score
who watched tonight? the theme was rock week(no ballads). who stoodo ut to everyone? for me, it was angie(of course ;))

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kristie;5040193 said:
who watched tonight? the theme was rock week(no ballads). who stoodo ut to everyone? for me, it was angie(of course ;))

Still trying to catch up on the Voice :(