American Idol season 12

blindzebra

Reaction score
Don't get the standing O for Amber, she butchered the end of that song.

Same as always Kree, Candice and Angie the final 3 should just start.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
blindzebra;5040798 said:
Don't get the standing O for Amber, she butchered the end of that song.

Same as always Kree, Candice and Angie the final 3 should just start.

Me either,thought it was so-so ---Shouldn't sing Heart or Adele....

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting bored with AI? Also not sure who posted it but get rid of the themed weeks!

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
pjtoadie;5040878 said:
Anyone else getting bored with AI? Also not sure who posted it but get rid of the themed weeks!

Was me, this show is the same ole over and over again.

Last I heard, they are trying to push Seacrest out because of money. I bet he is the only thing remaining that draws the biggest numbers.

I think he ends up on X-factor within two years.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
dexternjack;5040887 said:

Last I heard, they are trying to push Seacrest out because of money. I bet he is the only thing remaining that draws the biggest numbers.

Yep! I posted it before but I think the show is on it's last legs.

kristie

Reaction score
dexternjack;5040887 said:

i can't see him working with simon cowell again.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kristie;5041524 said:
i can't see him working with simon cowell again.

Ryan and Simon are buddies who vacation together. Even if they had disagreements, Simon knows what is good for ratings.

I finally caught up to tonight's show. No one really wowed me or stood out. I think Lazaro was the best and that isn't saying much. He should have gone home the last two weeks but this week he was definitely top three.

Angie was good but it sounded like she sang the song in the wrong key. I don't get the standing O for Amber, but she wasn't bad either. Kree was blah to me, kind of boring but was not bad, just boring.

The right person went home IMO.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
dexternjack;5041541 said:
Ryan and Simon are buddies who vacation together. Even if they had disagreements, Simon knows what is good for ratings.

I finally caught up to tonight's show. No one really wowed me or stood out. I think Lazaro was the best and that isn't saying much. He should have gone home the last two weeks but this week he was definitely top three.

Angie was good but it sounded like she sang the song in the wrong key. I don't get the standing O for Amber, but she wasn't bad either. Kree was blah to me, kind of boring but was not bad, just boring.

The right person went home IMO.

Were you watching the same show lol? Lazaro the best?! Also Angie was in the right key, I have years of musical training :D

Not really gearing this towards you but it seems that people will throw out things like "oh she was pitchy" or "he was off key" to look like they know about music :laugh2:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
pjtoadie;5041758 said:
Were you watching the same show lol? Lazaro the best?! Also Angie was in the right key, I have years of musical training :D

Not really gearing this towards you but it seems that people will throw out things like "oh she was pitchy" or "he was off key" to look like they know about music :laugh2:

I have zero musical training and have no idea what I am talking about :laugh2:

I just wasn't too impressed with the overall songs. Angie was good but something just did not sound right.

Laz actually sang that song well, or maybe it is the fact I have strong memory associations of "We are the Champions" and the Houston Rockets, IDK :)

WhizKid

Reaction score
Another theme night, YAY! -___-

Angie, she's good but I think she kind of over sang the song, especially since it was a regurgitation cover with no adjustments in the arrangement as far as tempo or altering the melody. I think this is actually were idol has failed as a program. Instead of looking for Artists with originality and the ability to belt, they focus on singers who fit the niche of pop-whatever (good-looking, with the ability to be a great cover artist)ANGIE DOES NOT FALL INTO THIS CATEGORY AS SHE IS A SONG WRITER. With that being said, Angie I think is still a favorite and one of the top vocalists in the competition. I wish she would focus a little more on nailing the song instead of looking cute for the camera, because I feel she could actually be better when she performs despite already being a strong performer in comparison to the other idol contestants.

Kree, another solid performance and there is definitely gonna be a split in votes between her and Janelle being the two country singers. Kree is just the better singer between the two. I love me some Kree, but I could see where she may start to get a little boring for some people.

Janelle, not a bad performance, not her greatest. She may be the most improved contestant on the show and it serves her well. I don't know if she'll be able to beat out kree with the votes.

Candice. CANDICE. She may be one of the most consistent idol performers ever. She is consistently good. Strong STRONG vocals, and I hope she gets to the top 3. She most likely will.

Amber. Amber displayed her vocals well again. She didnt dude bad, but didn't great. Standing-o deserving??? meh, but I think the judges did it for many reasons. I think she is a judge favorite, because she has really good range, especially in that mid-high register, it's really pleasant. She sings so effortlessly though that I think it affects her performance and makes her not look that into her performances, she def has to work on that. I also, feel that judges no historically on the show, r&b/soul artists tend to suffer and not make through to the end as other singers do (country, pop-rock, and cute boys). I think like Kree and Janelle she suffers from the whole split votes thing with Candice. Candice def has the more powerful voice and has GREAT control, if you notice you can tell she knows her voice and tends to sing out and around going into the upper register but does a great job hiding (great characteristic of a good singer). With that being said baring a poor performance next week, I think Burnell's votes will be split between Candice and Amber leaving the bottom two next week Janelle and Lazaro.

Burnell. I think he def fits into the unique voice category and has potential but I was not a fan of his raspy tone when he tried to hit them high notes. But I appreciated Idol for bringing him on as he def had a style on his own, it just wasn't for me. It's a shame Stuttering Stanley is still on the show. Anybody get the feeling Burnell and Amber might be hooking up?

LazNO - go home. The pity votes are annoying, and although he had his best week, it shouldn't make up for the previous performances. He is one of the most glaring examples of how rigged this show is up into hollywood week.

My top 3 - Candice, Kree, Angie---Amber(still my favorite) not that far off from the top.

bottom 3 - Burnell, Laz, Janelle

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
dexternjack;5041794 said:
I have zero musical training and have no idea what I am talking about :laugh2:

I just wasn't too impressed with the overall songs. Angie was good but something just did not sound right.

Laz actually sang that song well, or maybe it is the fact I have strong memory associations of "We are the Champions" and the Houston Rockets, IDK :)

It's all good :D

I don't know everything there is to know about music but I do know that Lazaro is hot garbage :lmao2:

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
da_whiz_kid;5041869 said:
Another theme night, YAY! -___-

Angie, she's good but I think she kind of over sang the song, especially since it was a regurgitation cover with no adjustments in the arrangement as far as tempo or altering the melody. I think this is actually were idol has failed as a program. Instead of looking for Artists with originality and the ability to belt, they focus on singers who fit the niche of pop-whatever (good-looking, with the ability to be a great cover artist)ANGIE DOES NOT FALL INTO THIS CATEGORY AS SHE IS A SONG WRITER. With that being said, Angie I think is still a favorite and one of the top vocalists in the competition. I wish she would focus a little more on nailing the song instead of looking cute for the camera, because I feel she could actually be better when she performs despite already being a strong performer in comparison to the other idol contestants.

Kree, another solid performance and there is definitely gonna be a split in votes between her and Janelle being the two country singers. Kree is just the better singer between the two. I love me some Kree, but I could see where she may start to get a little boring for some people.

Janelle, not a bad performance, not her greatest. She may be the most improved contestant on the show and it serves her well. I don't know if she'll be able to beat out kree with the votes.

Candice. CANDICE. She may be one of the most consistent idol performers ever. She is consistently good. Strong STRONG vocals, and I hope she gets to the top 3. She most likely will.

Amber. Amber displayed her vocals well again. She didnt dude bad, but didn't great. Standing-o deserving??? meh, but I think the judges did it for many reasons. I think she is a judge favorite, because she has really good range, especially in that mid-high register, it's really pleasant. She sings so effortlessly though that I think it affects her performance and makes her not look that into her performances, she def has to work on that. I also, feel that judges no historically on the show, r&b/soul artists tend to suffer and not make through to the end as other singers do (country, pop-rock, and cute boys). I think like Kree and Janelle she suffers from the whole split votes thing with Candice. Candice def has the more powerful voice and has GREAT control, if you notice you can tell she knows her voice and tends to sing out and around going into the upper register but does a great job hiding (great characteristic of a good singer). With that being said baring a poor performance next week, I think Burnell's votes will be split between Candice and Amber leaving the bottom two next week Janelle and Lazaro.

Burnell. I think he def fits into the unique voice category and has potential but I was not a fan of his raspy tone when he tried to hit them high notes. But I appreciated Idol for bringing him on as he def had a style on his own, it just wasn't for me. It's a shame Stuttering Stanley is still on the show. Anybody get the feeling Burnell and Amber might be hooking up?

LazNO - go home. The pity votes are annoying, and although he had his best week, it shouldn't make up for the previous performances. He is one of the most glaring examples of how rigged this show is up into hollywood week.

My top 3 - Candice, Kree, Angie---Amber(still my favorite) not that far off from the top.

bottom 3 - Burnell, Laz, Janelle

Nice post! I agree with pretty much everything.

funkytown

Reaction score
My summary of this season:

Candice is really really good

Amber is smoking hot, and she's just now starting to figure that out.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Never thought I would say this but Angie is no longer my #1, it's Amber.

Angie has lost a sort of Jackie Evancho sparkle that I originally felt she had, and now she has a sort of Miley Cyrus plasticity that I don't think I will ever be able to shake off of my perception of her. I still see a bright future for her, perhaps most in a Christian song style. There is some maturity missing that could improve her personality and singing performances.

Amber has "it." She is genuine, sexy and has a great singing voice. Star power.