American Idol

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I missed Idol tonight, but my friend told me Lee sucked it. I hope he doesnt get booted. :(

Hopefully, Siobahn, Aaron, or Casey get the boot.

kristie

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3379425 said:
I missed Idol tonight, but my friend told me Lee sucked it. I hope he doesnt get booted. :(

my guess is either him or michael get the boot.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3379425 said:

Everyone was actually pretty good tonight. The judges seemed to lean on Krystal being the worst of the evening and her performance was actually pretty good, just not a stand out type performence.

No telling who will go home this week based on the vocals. I thought Casey was the worst performance, but the judges loved him.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Lee started weak. His first note was off, which seemed to surprise him, then he struggled to find his way back to the right key in the first line of the song. He just seemed more uncomfortable than usual.

Casey out performed Lee this week, which is significant because they have similar sounds. Casey was smart to step away from the same old blues-rock guitar heavy sound he has done each week. This song was more revealing of his vocal talent, and he did it well.

Krystal's song was not very good (for me, anyway). Her popularity will probably carry her, but if you based the decision on this one week alone, she would be in trouble.

Big Mike was Big Mike - He sounded good, except for a really weak falsetto (however you spell that) in the middle of the song. I like Mike, but I don't think he will win this competition. It may be his week to go.

Aaron got lucky that this was country music week - he did what he does best, and it was actually very good. If I were him, I would not have included the bit about how he sang the song to his mother - he needs the 13 year old girl vote, and until he said that it was for his mother, I am sure every 13 year old girl in the country thought he was singing just for her.

Siobahn really impressed the judges this week, but I didn't like it as much as I usually like her. Maybe the live effect of her performance was better than the TV version. Still, I think she is awesome.

My guess is Big Mike goes home. However, it will be close, as everyone was good.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
kristie;3379390 said:
siobhan did awesome on any man of mine! i loved it. :D

I'm sorry but I don't know what you guys are hearing. She was terrible yet again. Do y'all seriously not hear how off her screams are? They crack and are off bad. She is terrible and needs to go.

This week actually everyone was pretty bad.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Casey was the best this week.

Aaron was good too.

Lee gets by with more pitch problems than others because his voice is more distinguished than most.

Crystal's performance was the worst out of all of her previous ones. But that's like saying a diamond lost some of its luster.

Mike tends to always sing good, but I don't like his style.

Likewise, Siobahn can sing, but I think she's a one trick pony and tends to be all over the place.

CoCo

Reaction score
I find myself wanting to like Siobhan's stuff but always end up disappointed. Even when the judges or other folks rave she just doesn't do it for me. I like who she seems to be personally, but I have to believe she is near the end of the road on AI. "All over the place" is a good description of her I think. Nice potential, but too raw.

Big Mike. He's ok. Probably even good. I just don't care for his style. I think this is probably why he already flirted with elimination and will again very soon.

I root for Aaron. 17 years old, looks like 13, but has to navigate the adult world in front of millions. That he has come this far speaks volumes about him IMO. He's like Kevin Kobais (Chicken Little) from a few years back, on steroids. Adorable and surprising. I suspect he has absolutely no shot at winning. But, wow, what he has accomplished to get to this point... And I really liked his performance last night. Happy for him. There is enough inconsistency in others and enough home run in this kids swing that I think he can upset most of these folks on any given night. But he can't win it. Its all just too big for him at this point.

Lee. He does seem to get away with pitch more than most. I expect more polish than what he apparently can deliver at this point but I think his ceiling nevertheless may be pretty darn high. I think people see that this guy can absolutely be the winner if he gets his act together. But its getting late in the game and he hasn't really found a consistent HR swing.

Casey. I think he's got amazing potential but frequently gets criticized for not really cutting loose and therefore falling short of it. He stays safe and I suspect its a personality thing he won't be able to overcome during this competition. Enjoy the good performances he gives but in the end I think he'll disappoint too many times and eventually fall short.

Crystal. Smooth, polished, talented & consistent even though her style is not my favorite. She rarely if ever gives a bad performance. I think the judges last night were as disappointed in the song itself as Crystal's performance of it. When that is the only fault found you have to be considered the favorite. I think she is.

I want to see the potential of Lee & Casey come forth and be realized and for one of them to win. I think they have the most upside and the most wow factor. But they haven't shown they can pull it off as yet.

Crystal could sing in the finals right now. She's ready. Whoever her opponent will be still has to grow into it. Is there enough time is the question.

kristie

Reaction score
there's a rumor going around about her numbers being posted by mistake resulting in aaron kelly probably getting most of the votes that would've went to her. because of that, a petition drive has been started to try & bring her back(a real long shot, but who knows). here's the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?26602307

i've already signed this because i believe that siobhan should NOT have been eliminated because of a stupid mistake on the part of someone else if that is what happened.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
kristie;3381225 said:
there's a rumor going around about her numbers being posted by mistake resulting in aaron kelly probably getting most of the votes that would've went to her. because of that, a petition drive has been started to try & bring her back(a real long shot, but who knows). here's the link:

i've already signed this because i believe that siobhan should NOT have been eliminated because of a stupid mistake on the part of someone else if that is what happened.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
She deserved to go and I for one am glad she is gone. Now if they get rid of Aaron there will be a good competition.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
kristie;3381225 said:

As Alicia Keys noted when she mentored her, Siobahn can do things with her voice that most people can't do. She needs to get better with her pitch and that is something that can come with good vocal coaching. I honestly don't view her as a solo artist myself (and I have zero professional insight! :) ), but, I could see her being a very strong front-woman for a band and having a good career for herself if she gets in the right situation.

kristie

Reaction score
anybody watch tonight? the only ones who stood out, to me, were michael & lee. crystal did good despite the song while aaron & casey didn't do great at all.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
kristie;3390458 said:
anybody watch tonight? the only ones who stood out, to me, were michael & lee. crystal did good despite the song while aaron & casey didn't do great at all.

Lee was by far the best. I didn't like Mike as much as the judges did, thought he was just OK. Aaron definitely needs to go this week.

kristie

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3390638 said:
Lee was by far the best. I didn't like Mike as much as the judges did, thought he was just OK. Aaron definitely needs to go this week.

he sure does. he should've been eliminated last week instead of siobhan.