An Unpopular Decision

visionary

Reaction score
It's almost as if just drafting a "franchise QB" in the first round isn't as easy as some seem to think. :huh:

Well, it's definitely harder than fooling yourself into thinking you have one when you don't

:grin:

visionary

Reaction score
I’d sign JG, Dak and Rod to 10-year extensions just to watch people lose their ****

You'd want 10 years of mediocrity for your team just so some fans on the internet complain?

Well, thank you for defining yourself

baltcowboy

Reaction score
TWO first rounders? Good luck with that.

I don't think there'd be much of a trade market for any of those guys.

That would be unpopular because of what you'd get for him. It's not as if other teams won't know his injury history.

There appears to be a common theme: overvaluing the roster. Trading busts, or guys with injury histories for big returns, are more fantasies than unpopular moves.
Jaylon is probably our most valuable asset. Somebody might bite. Good guy, tremendous upside, best linebacker in the NFL potentially and might be a game changer. Give him the first round tender next year. I bet atleast 8 teams will bite. He is worth two first round picks.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Well,

I'd move the Cowboys from Dallas to Houston.

Do i have one more ? Yes ? Then i would rename them to Oilers.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I would sign Dak immediately to a long term contract before the price goes even higher.

I would not extend Zeke, and would entertain any solid trade offer for him

Garrett replaces Jerry as GM

We wear the seafoam green pants for every game, no exceptions.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is not the same old Cowboys this is my opinion why. We finally have a scheme a game plan how we want to build this team. Offensive line got hurt we replenished it current defensive line was inconsistent we replenished it. Jerry no longer makes the decisions alone. He just doesn't say here's the guy find a way to use him. They give him a choice. Possibly give him a choice. But it's by committee. And that equals winner. That's my opinion of why would doing so much better

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak Prescott is a winner. On-the-job training is over. This is the season he steps up and becomes a true leader of this team. He has all the attributes in my opinion. It's about Innovation on offense can it go Cowboys

Valkyr

Reaction score
I'd replace this roster with the entire 2001 Cowboys roster.

I'd think that would be pretty unpopular.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
That is a good idea. Dak would be pissed.

Yeah but he is a professional who works in a business. Nobody cares about his feelings and he should know how to handle them. If not he is not made for being a leader anyways.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
All I wanted was to sign EThomas

otherwise we are good

ps- would not have brought Witten back and signed JCook but it is done

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
For the future I am done with Zeke

He is immature and not serious enough about football

I will ride him for the next 3 years with his remaining deal and Franchise Tag

No long-term deal ...... he can't get right

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What one decision would you make that you can safely assume would be unpopular with many of your fellow Cowboys fans, but one that you feel would be in the team's best interests long term?

For example, would you trade Prescott rather than paying him?

That's mine. The QB market is out of whack. I'd be drafting/churning running QBs unless and until I hit on a great pocket passer.

That 30 mil could give you two more pro bowlers long term.

Dak
vs.
2 pro bowlers plus churned running QBs *who we actually run*

Our team is built to do the latter. We're made to be a multi threat running team, leaning on the oline's run blocking. Our QB should run. And you don't need to spend 30mil on a running QB, and probably *shouldn't* run him if you do.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And I'm also of the opinion that Pollard was viewed by the vast majority as a reach pick, and therefore someone they likely could have drafted later.

I'm having a hard time processing the Pollard pick. Seems like we've got 3 dual threat run/receive slot WRs. In particular, Cobb's money is guaranteed, and they're singing his praises, so I don't why they felt the need to rush on Pollard.

I'm not a big fan of Cobb, but with guaranteed money and talky talk they seem to be. So why the reach on Pollard?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And Elway has damaged his reputation with in his inability to find a QB for the Broncos. I would hate for Troy to have similar problems if he ran the Cowboys.
He already brought Manning in to win 1 Ring. That buys him time to find another one.

What I like is he isn’t afraid to keep spinning the wheel until he finds another one.