Video: And You Would Let 21 Walk

superonyx

Reaction score
Yes, offensive coordinators spend way more time trying to figure out how to contain the best LB in football, more than a top 5 RB.
Is this a serious take? Lmao.

Bahktiari wouldn't start for us? You know abolsutely nothing about football if that's your take.

This is the best you got? Bring up a few of the guys I mentioned and say no? Lmao. That's pathetic.

Do YOU have any legit points to discuss is the real question

EXACTLY Zeke will be paid less than them because he has a way less impact on the game than them. THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY POINT

Let me ask you this, hopefully you're able to conjure up some way to answer. If Zeke was so important, then why in the one game he didnt play last year did we have our best offensive performance of the season. Only one game missed and it was our best one. How important could you possibly be? In our 2nd best offensive performance of the season Zeke didnt even hit his season average yardage. Where is the importance?
What were the OC up late at night trying to stop Wagner from doing? His 1 sack all season? Jaylon Smith had more of an impact than Wagner.

Mack is the best LB in football not Wagner and no offensive coordinators dont need to contain a player that isnt a threat to take over a game. That makes no sense and show how little you understand football. If Wagner isnt contained then whats he going to do? You plan to "contain" someone who needs containment when failing to contain them means TD's. You may even plan to contain a top DE from beating up your QB all game....but not a LB who at best will just do his job. He isnt making game breaking plays. Stop it.

Zeke will make less than most of these guys except the other RB you listed due to position. How does this make your point at all?
What is your point? This thread is about it not being worth paying a top RB what a top RB will make. What are you going on about?

And No Bahktiari would not start over Tyron Smith. I guess anyone crazy enough to accept reality knows nothing about football.

Oh no... we had a good offensive game and Zeke didnt play.....Wow you really got me. That's what you are laying on? You know Blake Jarwin and Cole Beasley led us that game with Rob Smith.
I guess you just figured out we dont need to pay Cooper either. We got this.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What were the OC up late at night trying to stop Wagner from doing? His 1 sack all season? Jaylon Smith had more of an impact than Wagner.

Mack is the best LB in football not Wagner
and no offensive coordinators dont need to contain a player that isnt a threat to take over a game. That makes no sense and show how little you understand football. If Wagner isnt contained then whats he going to do? You plan to "contain" someone who needs containment when failing to contain them means TD's. You may even plan to contain a top DE from beating up your QB all game....but not a LB who at best will just do his job. He isnt making game breaking plays. Stop it.

Zeke will make less than most of these guys except the other RB you listed due to position. How does this make your point at all?
What is your point? This thread is about it not being worth paying a top RB what a top RB will make. What are you going on about?

And No Bahktiari would not start over Tyron Smith. I guess anyone crazy enough to accept reality knows nothing about football.

Oh no... we had a good offensive game and Zeke didnt play.....Wow you really got me. That's what you are laying on? You know Blake Jarwin and Cole Beasley led us that game with Rob Smith.
I guess you just figured out we dont need to pay Cooper either. We got this.

Lmao, you just confirmed you don't know anything about football.
Using sacks for an off ball LB, then comparing him to an edge rusher. Not wasting my time.

Just here you let you know that Zeke isn't slightly the #1 most impactful non-QB in the league. Just absolutely ignorant to say so. See ya kiddo.

superonyx

Reaction score
All true but how many backs thrive in their late 20s? I read a recent report which suggested the peak RB production is 27. The fall off after peak is dramatic and not linear. APs, as an example of a RB that produces past 30, don't grow on trees. They are extremely rare. Plus Elliott's hard hitting style would suggest a big workload is going to produce a significant decline in production. Zeke turns 24 this month. History suggests he has about 3 years of peak production left. He will likely look for 5-7+ years. You will get 3 years of peak production if you are lucky and see a big drop off for about half the contract. I think the guy is great but you can not max him out and still sign Cooper, Smith, etc...If I were king I would try to tag him for 2 years and then move on. His handlers will never let that happen. NE does it better than anyone and they completely devalue the position. That is smart.
He is 23 years old. So it sounds like he hasnt even peaked yet? Geez how good can this guy get?
Even if he falls off after peaking...we will be able to release him if his decline is that dramatic. He isnt getting a guaranteed contract here. Teams can cut players who are not performing up to their contract. Plus with the way salaries keep going up in 4 years he will only be making what a 2nd tier RB is getting.

superonyx

Reaction score
Lmao, you just confirmed you don't know anything about football.
Using sacks for an off ball LB, then comparing him to an edge rusher. Not wasting my time.

Just here you let you know that Zeke isn't slightly the #1 most impactful non-QB in the league. Just absolutely ignorant to say so. See ya kiddo.
Yea off the ball Bobby Wagner is. He and the vikings safety are tearing up the league. It may never be the same.
Zeke is the most impactful non QB in the league. Deal with it.

You come here and name a few players that are not even as good as players we have in the same position. Really hard to make you look the fool here.

superonyx

Reaction score
Agree. RB's are a dime a dozen in the draft.
Which RB's drafted outside of the top 10 picks in the first round are in Zeke's league? Go back over the last 10 years and you may be surprised.
I keep hearing this repeated so I looked it up.... A bunch of never has beens drafted over the years. This is starting to look like a myth.

Here is the list. I'm not seeing much quality at all.

http://drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/rb

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He is 23 years old. So it sounds like he hasnt even peaked yet? Geez how good can this guy get?
Even if he falls off after peaking...we will be able to release him if his decline is that dramatic. He isnt getting a guaranteed contract here. Teams can cut players who are not performing up to their contract. Plus with the way salaries keep going up in 4 years he will only be making what a 2nd tier RB is getting.

I will be nice because that is a great looking lab but in this real world you have a salary cap. A salary cap causes you to have to make tough decisions. Prescott, Cooper, Smith and Jones are further up the chain than Zeke given the position they play. You are going to need to address LDE next season. You can’t have them all.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Love this kid. Love his game.

This season, this line, 2000 is within reach.

Also, what I love about highlights of the Cowboys in the other teams stadium is the long run, or short pass long run, and watching the fans of the other team just crushed.

I apologize for creating another thread that will go on for days. I just get excited watching him with the ball..

Kicking A and taken names..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

LittleD

Reaction score
Name some non QB's who have more impact on the game than Zeke does? Not just for the Cowboys but across the league.

There are lots of RB's and many WR's in the NFL Hall of Fame that come to mind. You might look at Randy Moss for example. He could win games by himself and usually did it against
the Cowboys. Zeke has to have an OL to make plays...Moss didn't.

LittleD

Reaction score

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Funny fellow...No other RB in NFL history is coming close to Emmitt. After 95 the OL for the Cowboys went to the dogs.

Emmitt's career stats don't mean he was the best in every year he played. He was elite through 95, and good enough to start after that, never breaking past 4.2ypc after 95. None of the other top RBs lasted that long. Payton was 13. Sanders was only 10.

In 96, Williams and Allen made All Pro, Newton and Donaldson made the Pro Bowl. Tuinei made neither. He was the only one to miss a game all season.
"went to the dogs"

superonyx

Reaction score
There are lots of RB's and many WR's in the NFL Hall of Fame that come to mind. You might look at Randy Moss for example. He could win games by himself and usually did it against
the Cowboys. Zeke has to have an OL to make plays...Moss didn't.
Agree about Moss.
The fact that we are comparing Zeke to Moss says tons.

What I am saying is that today with all the players in the league today Zeke is the most impactful non QB in the game. A debate can be made about a few guys but it’s just a debate and the fact that our RB is in the conversation says he is worth keeping. You just don’t get rid of a HOF level player who is in the debate for the most impactful non QB in the game.

superonyx

Reaction score
I will be nice because that is a great looking lab but in this real world you have a salary cap. A salary cap causes you to have to make tough decisions. Prescott, Cooper, Smith and Jones are further up the chain than Zeke given the position they play. You are going to need to address LDE next season. You can’t have them all.
I miss that lab.

I agree about the salary cap. But I’m not ready to sign Jump Jones to a huge contract and let Zeke walk. Zeke simply has a bigger impact on our success than Jones. I wouldn’t trade Zeke for Ramsey straight up and something tells me Ramsey has proven himself more than Jump man Jones.

These are good problems to have. You just don’t let 1500 yards rushing and 70 catches per year walk out the door at 23 years old when defensive coordinators and opposing defenders lose sleep over containing him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Is a luxury. Who was Phillys running back when they won?

Not in the offensive system Dallas runs. people seem to be under the illusion that all NFL offense are the same. They are not, Cowboys much choose to run a more balanced offense with a physical running game and Zeke fits that style of offense.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Love this kid. Love his game.

This season, this line, 2000 is within reach.

Also, what I love about highlights of the Cowboys in the other teams stadium is the long run, or short pass long run, and watching the fans of the other team just crushed.

I apologize for creating another thread that will go on for days. I just get excited watching him with the ball..

Imagine how great actually would be if it was a little bit more focused. Yes he's missed some blocks yes he's Missed some open holes. Yes he missed some opportunities of taking it to the house current but nobody gains more yardage after contact than him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So Freddy Zack Martin and the rest of the offensive line has nothing to do with it.

OL is important even for WR because a QB on his butt is not getting the ball down the field for the WR to have the opportunity. No doubt OL is important for RB's but there are many plays that the RB must improvise when the design of the play breaks down.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
OL is important even for WR because a QB on his butt is not getting the ball down the field for the WR to have the opportunity. No doubt OL is important for RB's but there are many plays that the RB must improvise when the design of the play breaks down.

A WRs reliance on the Oline isn't remotely close to a RBs dependance on the Oline. They help/hurt both, but it's a landslide as far as severity.