Andy Dalton Vs Tony Romo

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Romo has a long ways to go to be the QB that Troy was .

He is better than aikman . Sorry without emmitt , Irvin , jay , moose and that great OL , great defense aikman is nothing special . Maybe something like a Matt Ryan . When Troy went down this team still won some huge games without him . Garrett , kosar , Steve birdy all won huge games for us with OUT Troy . I loved Troy but I'm not a homer , I tell it like it is besides deep ball accuracy Romo is better or equal to Aikman is every single attribute .

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
This thread right here is over 18 pages??

This thread right here?

If you think Dalton and Romo are comparable turn off the computer and hand in your football card.

Oh and go home you're drunk.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Winners are made by winning, period. Silly irrational views on Tony Romo (other quarterbacks are ignored for the most part) are made by SOME (wins are ignored) last minute drives.

Uh I agree, a free throw In the first quarter or the with 2 seconds left in the 4th and the game tied both count as 1 point. Some people think that both free throws have the same value and others take the pressure of the situation into account and place more value on the latter, I would be in that second group

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Even though I don't think Tony will ever win a SB, I do think he's better than Dalton.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Remember when Dalton was held up as an example of Garrett's great scouting prowess? Good times.

coult44

Reaction score
All Romo has to do is have one run and all the sudden people will think he's a playoff God.

Like Rodgers.

5-4 in the playoffs/Superbowl.

4-0 one season, 1-4 the rest of the time. But, hey, that one run means he's an amazing QB come playoff time.

1 run makes all the difference.

The same could one day be said for Dalton if he some how goes on one run.
Not according to Cowbiys fans when talking about Eli. Ask yourself this question? Would you rather have Dalton and one SB, or Tony and no SB? It's purely hypothetical. Neither will win one...

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
He is better than aikman . Sorry without emmitt , Irvin , jay , moose and that great OL , great defense aikman is nothing special . Maybe something like a Matt Ryan . When Troy went down this team still won some huge games without him . Garrett , kosar , Steve birdy all won huge games for us with OUT Troy . I loved Troy but I'm not a homer , I tell it like it is besides deep ball accuracy Romo is better or equal to Aikman is every single attribute .

Troy aikman was a winner. all those guys you mentioned in the huddle were scared to death of troy aikman because he was a leader of men and he demanded perfection. I'm sorry, tony may have all the records but thats only because todays NFL is far different. not having an emmitt smith also helps hjim pass for so many yards too.

every person in the huddle feared aikman if they messed up. don't believe that? watch all the videos that document those great 90s teams.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Not according to Cowbiys fans when talking about Eli. Ask yourself this question? Would you rather have Dalton and one SB, or Tony and no SB? It's purely hypothetical. Neither will win one...

tony is far more capable of winning one than daulton is. as i said, the bengals are good due to defense. cowboys aren't remotely close to anything decent without tony romo.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
But he beat Brady twice ?

asante samuel drops an easy pick, to set up an incredibly lucky tyree catch on his helmet.

brady has welker wide open on 3rd down to ice the game. drops it.

hail mary in nfc divisional against green bay
muffed punt in nfc title game.

many breaks. lucky as all hell.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
asante samuel drops an easy pick, to set up an incredibly lucky tyree catch on his helmet.

brady has welker wide open on 3rd down to ice the game. drops it.

hail mary in nfc divisional against green bay
muffed punt in nfc title game.

many breaks. lucky as all hell.

I was being sarcastic bro . Lol I know Eli has always been average . Most here just look at ring and call him elite . They don't understand team concept . All they think is qb vs qb. I remember several on this board argeuing Eli was better than Peyton a while back LOL.

Oh btw that wasTWO muffed punts in NFC title game both inside the 30 ;)

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic bro . Lol I know Eli has always been average . Most here just look at ring and call him elite . They don't understand team concept . All they think is qb vs qb. I remember several on this board argeuing Eli was better than Peyton a while back LOL.

remember the SI article debating on eli being a hall of famer? most NFL writers were in favor.

just seems laughable now. he is not a HOF but merely another brad johnson/trent differ that rode a great team. he isn't a leader at all.

The Natural

Reaction score
QB craps the bed under the bright lights like usual. But hey, at least he can stat-pad vs the likes of sub .500 teams after they've practically given up!

I really wish we had a fiery QB who really held himself and his team accountable for terrible play, but we don't. you'll never hear him actually accept responsibility and say he needs to be better. That speaks volumes. I do think it's not his fault, it all starts with a head coach who would rather say "We need to play better", "We did some good things," and giggle than actually hold people accountable and light a fire under their ***.

wileedog

Reaction score
remember the SI article debating on eli being a hall of famer? most NFL writers were in favor.

just seems laughable now. he is not a HOF but merely another brad johnson/trent differ that rode a great team. he isn't a leader at all.

eli-manning-face.jpg

wileedog

Reaction score
I really wish we had a fiery QB who really held himself and his team accountable for terrible play, but we don't. you'll never hear him actually accept responsibility and say he needs to be better..

This works if you have a team with talent that is not achieving.

This doesn't work when you have a bunch of players in a system they were not drafted for, another bunch of street players who are only on the team because it has no depth, and all of them playing for a head coach with no power and a GM/Owner who cares more about the 'entertainment.'

I guarantee you that you could bring Troy Aikman in his prime on to this team and the defense would still be giving up record yardage totals. Why would they care what Troy has to say? Jerry is the ringmaster of this circus and he signs the checks. Nobody else is worth listening to.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Now we need a "fiery qb " because that's the way to win !

Eli was "fiery " when he beat Brady twice !

Lol yea I hear you I laughed the whole time with these "experts " calling Eli the best in the game etc . His numbers are horrible and he was nothing but a pile of luck .

coult44

Reaction score

Oh btw that wasTWO muffed punts in NFC title game both inside the 30 ;)

tony is far more capable of winning one than daulton is. as i said, the bengals are good due to defense. cowboys aren't remotely close to anything decent without tony romo.

I don't look at the rings and call him elite. I look at the rings and say, I'd rather have have Eli's two rings than an elite or not elite Tony Romo with ZERO rings.