Anonymous NFL Executive had harsh words for Dak

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If this executive is unwilling to put his name out there then why open his mouth?

Why would any team executive even discuss the subject with a member of the media?

And if his name is not revealed then the writer and his story carry zero credibility.

Besides, is this new information?
Lets be fair, this isnt a 'stop the press' moment. There's nothing there that's shocking. Could of asked the janitor and he would of given the same answer.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well see, that's just it. One player doesn't win or go to Superbowls. Teams do.

Now according to what you're saying.... that means Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher were better quarterbacks than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly because Dilpher and Foles actually won Superbowls, but Kelly and Marino didn't.

What you're also saying is Foles and Dilpher are on the same level as Aaron Rodgers because they all won one Superbowl apiece, correct?
They were better in the playoffs, especially Foles. They did that they had to do for their teams to win. Not trying to be “the man” is what’s needed sometime.

Jim Kelly had 21 TDs and 28 INTs in the playoffs.

Bad example.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak isn't scrutinized with a fine tooth comb, as the article states.
He has one issue that everyone sees repeatedly- that he chokes when the Cowboys need him to be the reason they reach greatness. Every time the Cowboys are set to taketh next step,it's Dak who disappears when they play a tough team. He cannot be the advantage that puts the Cowboys on top.
If the rest of the team is dominating, he follows suit.
But he doesn't lead when they need someone to break the ice vs good teams.
He isn't the guy who will make the difference.
That's what keeps him from being elite.
Great description!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this executive is unwilling to put his name out there then why open his mouth?

Why would any team executive even discuss the subject with a member of the media?

And if his name is not revealed then the writer and his story carry zero credibility.

Besides, is this new information?
^ This.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
There’s Hall of Fame QBs that couldn’t get over the hump because of the team around them. If you have a QB that’s playing the position at a high level and can make all the throws and can’t get over the hump, it’s the team around them that’s the problem.
A very good opinion and perspective. I have my criticisms of Dak as he has demonstrated in the playoffs that he starts off too slow and by the time he gets a rhythm which is in the 2nd half, it's not enough. In another thread, Bob Hayes talked about team continuity and complementary football - how it is the responsibility of the defense to step up when the offense is struggling and vice-versa. The problem with this team for far too long, is that when one phase fails, nobody else steps up. Dak shares a big part of the responsibility for that debacle against Green Bay in the playoffs, but so too does the defense. The Chiefs in the SB against the 49ers, their defense stepped up in the first half while Maholmes and the offense struggled. They held a high-powered offense that was moving the ball successfully in the first half to FGs, allowing the Chiefs the time to turn it around. Had that been us, the score would have been 28-3 by halftime, and the game over. Afterwards, half the fan base would have blamed Dak as the reason for not scoring enough points and the other half of the fan base would have blamed the defense for not stopping the other team. The truth would be that both are correct.

Hadenough

Reaction score
So an NFL exec parrots what many of us have been saying for years. Dak never elevates the team.
Hahahahahahahaha!!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
"Dak...who finished second in MVP voting last season and arguably deserved to win it over Lamar Jackson.."

HAHA

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Where did I say Dak is the only reason CeeDee will get paid? Some of you love twisting my comments.
Every freaking post you kept repeating that he wouldn't be in the position without Dak. Said it was ridiculous when I said otherwise.

Like I said, you go in circles. Start out halfway reasonable but if anyone says anything that doesn't 100% agree with you, you start going down the rabbit hole til everything you say is laughable.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I have better things to do on this board than to waste time with fans that don’t know what they’re talking about
We all have better things to do than listen to a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about but who thinks he does.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
At the end of the day, the Dak Detractors and the Dak Devotees are both mostly right. He is both of the things they say he is at the same time. Both sides wish to paint him as one dimensional, but all players are three dimensional. There are layers, and this article is both right and a bit hyperbolic, as with most Dak takes on both sides.

He does win more games than most other QBs he’s compared to. But he does play unusually better against weaker opponents than stronger opponents, relative to the median QB.

He does seem to suddenly play a bit differently when the playoffs come around, but the rest of the team does as well.

He does win seasonal accolades for his statistic accomplishments. But those accomplishments are often quite a bit different outdoors vs indoors.

He does more than earn his paycheck when compared to the “market value.” But he is also a big reason the Cowboys are in the financial pickle they’re trying to navigate through.

He is the most prolific QB in Cowboys history. His stats also have generational context to them to describe why.

Both sides are right to a degree. The true answer is, as usual, somewhere in the middle.
Never would I have ever thought an Eagles fan could give the most fair assessment of our QB.

You, my friend are one of my favorite posters on here.

That was hard to type. but it's the truth,

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Very valid point. Many fans want to defend mediocrity by pointing out mediocrity from players of the past. Same fans who are content on just winning the division every year.
This fanbase has fallen off so much.

The Romo/Dak years have really made some fans comfortable in mediocrity.

shabazz

Reaction score
This fanbase has fallen off so much.

The Romo/Dak years have really made some fans comfortable in mediocrity.
For some who are content with mediocrity, it's because of who the current quarterback is.......they were calling for Romos head at this point.

You don't have to look too far for them.....there right here in this thread, lol

kskboys

Reaction score
A very good opinion and perspective. I have my criticisms of Dak as he has demonstrated in the playoffs that he starts off too slow and by the time he gets a rhythm which is in the 2nd half, it's not enough. In another thread, Bob Hayes talked about team continuity and complementary football - how it is the responsibility of the defense to step up when the offense is struggling and vice-versa. The problem with this team for far too long, is that when one phase fails, nobody else steps up. Dak shares a big part of the responsibility for that debacle against Green Bay in the playoffs, but so too does the defense. The Chiefs in the SB against the 49ers, their defense stepped up in the first half while Maholmes and the offense struggled. They held a high-powered offense that was moving the ball successfully in the first half to FGs, allowing the Chiefs the time to turn it around. Had that been us, the score would have been 28-3 by halftime, and the game over. Afterwards, half the fan base would have blamed Dak as the reason for not scoring enough points and the other half of the fan base would have blamed the defense for not stopping the other team. The truth would be that both are correct.
The Chiefs have the best DT combo in the NFL. When we can say that, then we can talk about D. Until then, our D is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
For some who are content with mediocrity, it's because of who the current quarterback is.......they were calling for Romos head at this point.

You don't have to look too far for them.....there right here in this thread, lol
There is nothing mediocre about Dak and Romo……