Anonymous NFL Executive had harsh words for Dak

Creeper

Reaction score
I can't disagree even though I am not a Dak hater. The fact is Dak should not be paid top QB money until he gets over the hump. My position hasn't changed. I would not give him a 50% raise by paying him $60 million.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can't disagree even though I am not a Dak hater. The fact is Dak should not be paid top QB money until he gets over the hump. My position hasn't changed. I would not give him a 50% raise by paying him $60 million.
Yeah but the raise isn’t for the playoffs or lack there of. But you do have to ask yourself can you win with him or not. That’s where you get your raise.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Every freaking post you kept repeating that he wouldn't be in the position without Dak. Said it was ridiculous when I said otherwise.

Like I said, you go in circles. Start out halfway reasonable but if anyone says anything that doesn't 100% agree with you, you start going down the rabbit hole til everything you say is laughable.
He wouldn’t be in a position without a productive QB that targets him all day. During the 5 games with Cooper Rush at QB in 2022 CeeDee wasn’t as productive as he was with Dak. He didn’t have a single 100 yard game. Fans were complaining that he wasn’t a number one receiver. When Dak returned he had five 100 yard games. He and Dak have developed some great chemistry. It’s ridiculous to think he would be in a position to get paid the amount of money he’s going to end up getting with just any QB. Justin Jefferson is going to have a tough time continuing to put up the numbers he did with Cousins unless their next QB turns out to be real productive.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He wouldn’t be in a position without a productive QB that targets him all day. During the 5 games with Cooper Rush at QB in 2022 CeeDee wasn’t as productive as he was with Dak. He didn’t have a single 100 yard game. Fans were complaining that he wasn’t a number one receiver. When Dak returned he had five 100 yard games. He and Dak have developed some great chemistry. It’s ridiculous to think he would be in a position to get paid the amount of money he’s going to end up getting with just any QB. Justin Jefferson is going to have a tough time continuing to put up the numbers he did with Cousins unless their next QB turns out to be real productive.
Quick hitters:
CD wasn't the same receiver nor was he #1 when Rush was QB.
Rush went thru his progressions & found first available. Spreading the ball around makes it tougher to defend.
I was wondering if you were going to explain how Jefferson was so productive with a QB most defenders try to label as a bum. If two non elite QB's can do this, seems I was right that most NFL QB's would have been able to do the same. Hmmm. I'm guessing if the two receivers had changed places, the results would have been much the same.
Does make me wonder how receivers like Mike Evans got a second contract with guys like Jameis, Glennon, McCown, Gabbert & Fitzpatrick throwing to him? I sure hope he gave them a cut for "making" him.
So, in the spirit of finding compromise, do you want to back off your "Only Dak could have gotten him the targets" mantra? If so, I'll stop roasting you with facts & stuff.

basel90

Reaction score
what is missing is Dak's ability to overcome good defenses and being rattled when confronted with quality offenses. He has probably never won a game for the cowboys with his arm or leg for that matter. Says a lot about how overrated he is.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yeah but the raise isn’t for the playoffs or lack there of. But you do have to ask yourself can you win with him or not. That’s where you get your raise.
I get it. walking away from Dak is a huge deal. But the question is complicated by 52 other contracts. Can they pay Dak $60 million and expect to win a championship skimping on the rest of the roster? I don't think Dak has enough game to put the Cowboys on his back and take them to a SB. He needs a team that can get there with him and his limitations. If the give Dak $60 million, can they pay CeeDee and Micah and whoever else needs to be paid?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I get it. walking away from Dak is a huge deal. But the question is complicated by 52 other contracts. Can they pay Dak $60 million and expect to win a championship skimping on the rest of the roster? I don't think Dak has enough game to put the Cowboys on his back and take them to a SB. He needs a team that can get there with him and his limitations. If the give Dak $60 million, can they pay CeeDee and Micah and whoever else needs to be paid?
If I was convinced this team would use that 60 million to build around a Lance or whoever I’d be perfectly fine with that. Problem is, I think if they had 60 million to play with they’d just give it to OSA, Bland and whatever other free agent they have. I’m also not entirely sure if I’d be overly upset if they let any of them go. My issue with the Cowboys is they are dragging their feet. You have to make the tough decisions and fast. It’s not too late to make one on Micah but it’s on Dak and Lamb. Just mismanaging your roster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Quick hitters:
CD wasn't the same receiver nor was he #1 when Rush was QB.
Rush went thru his progressions & found first available. Spreading the ball around makes it tougher to defend.
I was wondering if you were going to explain how Jefferson was so productive with a QB most defenders try to label as a bum. If two non elite QB's can do this, seems I was right that most NFL QB's would have been able to do the same. Hmmm. I'm guessing if the two receivers had changed places, the results would have been much the same.
Does make me wonder how receivers like Mike Evans got a second contract with guys like Jameis, Glennon, McCown, Gabbert & Fitzpatrick throwing to him? I sure hope he gave them a cut for "making" him.
So, in the spirit of finding compromise, do you want to back off your "Only Dak could have gotten him the targets" mantra? If so, I'll stop roasting you with facts & stuff.
You better go do your homework, because CeeDee was our number one receiver heading into the 2022 season. Amari Cooper had just been traded to Cleveland during the offseason. Not sure what you mean by CeeDee not being the same guy. He was the same receiver playing with a much lesser QB. We didn’t have a great passing game during the five games Rush was the QB. He never attempted more than 31 passes in our five wins. In the win over the Rams he only attempted 16 passes. The numbers CeeDee was putting up with Rush weren’t going to get him the mega contract he’s looking at now. He only had two TD catches in those five games. Amari was making $20 million per season and Jerry claimed during his radio interview he moved on from him because of money.

Stephen said in another interview that Amari wasn’t putting up the numbers that warranted his contract. The Cowboys might be looking to move on from CeeDee had he continued to put up the numbers he did with Rush. No way in hell would he be looking at possibly $35 million per if he didn’t have the season he did last year with Dak. As for Mike Evans, he had Jameis Winston for five seasons who put up some big passing numbers. He had 5100 yards one season. Evans is a big, physical receiver who can go up and get the football.

A lot of balls are thrown up to him ala Dez Bryant. Even Mike Evans never came close to putting up the yards CeeDee did last season. Evans was barely over 1000 yards with some of those other QBs. With Evans new contract he’s making $26 million per season. CeeDee is looking for Justin Jefferson money at $35 million per. By the way, I never said “only Dak” could have gotten CeeDee the targets. You’re not roasting me with anything, you’re completely twisting what I said. If you can’t argue without making up stuff, then go waste someone else’s time.