Another school shooting, Texas this time

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Eliminate all gun violence from video games now, easy one that I'm willing to forfeit.

I seriously doubt that will have any impact at all. That's entire idea was borne from the same ideals that got Marijuana classified as a schedule 1 drug.

If you're going to do something, you need to do something that will make a real impact. None of the deflection ideas that lead away from real impact solutions. (and no I'm not talking about removing the 2nd amendment. )

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is yet another product of the direction this country has gone since the early 80's; in many respects. I don't see it stopping either, which is very disturbing.

rags747

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that will have any impact at all. That's entire idea was borne from the same ideals that got Marijuana classified as a schedule 1 drug.

If you're going to do something, you need to do something that will make a real impact. None of the deflection ideas that lead away from real impact solutions. (and no I'm not talking about removing the 2nd amendment. )
Ok so what makes a real impact? Hey I love guns in video games but I just wonder about all these kids today on their iPhone from the moment they get up, no interaction or less at least than in days past. Just seems like all of this into self really is not working, but again this is the day and age we live in and it's not going back.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Polymer is usually expensive so I think that at a minimum, metal detectors would help.

I'll tell you what would really help, if folks would just lock up their guns and keep them secure.
I was referring to Sam's magnet theory which was tongue and cheek.

As for your second comment.....I couldn't agree more.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately, this is yet another product of the direction this country has gone since the early 80's; in many respects. I don't see it stopping either, which is very disturbing.

Pretty accurate post.

I agree I don't see it stopping either under current circumstances.

We're just going to have to accept a certain number of kids from 5-18 are going to be shot in school in every year... You don't know how ****** it feels to type that out but at this point there aren't enough people willing to give in a little to make the necessary changes.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
To stop all of that the culture has to be revamped.You can't have it both ways.
Very true....we have a serious culture problem going on,and I don’t know how that could change. Everyone’s amped up,politically and emotionally fired up to 10,with guns,violence and hatred sweeping the nation like a storm. Bad recipe....but a good one for chaos.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
First I want to extend my deepest condolence to the victims and their families. Resolving this sort issue is never easy but count me on the side of keeping the guns out the hands of minors seem the best solution but officials can't do alone. I would like to laws holding parent more accountable My proposal, and I sure many will disagree, but if we are talking about minors, some point we have to consider parents bear some accountability. After all, we are talking about minors living under their roof and in some cases, used THEIR WEAPON. ONLY parents/adults having access. No way any kid should be allowed to play, toy or experiment with any explosives. As a As a parent, you have the ultimate responsibility to not only keep your kids safe but also keeping them safe from hurting others. There's no way minor kids should access any weapons own by parents. These weapon should be locked and sealed with parent, if suspect your child is involved in any such activities IT'S YOUR responsibility to either defuse the situation or contact authorities but to do nothing and'or brush it off should have consequences such as YOU also facing some criminal charges/punishment. I know this may seem harsh and of course, I'm not talking about a situation where's parents did everything humanly possible but to those parents who KNEW or SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, but chose to do nothing.

Exactly my point........

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no easy answer. That's why this has been a problem for the last couple of decades.

Actually I think the answers are easy.

Most can look at a situation like this and spot 3 or 4 things that could be done immediately to put downward pressure on the expansion of this sort of violence.

The answers are clearly there, it's just going to take some influencers within key groups to say "enough is enough and we have to change."

Chrispierce

Reaction score
No it won’t stop,and in fact as I’ve been saying for years on social media...events are going to increase,and for folks to buckle up because we’re in for some real rough waters. Evil has taken hold on this planet,and families and loved ones MUST stay together tightly,and be consciously aware of doing so,because that’s evils whole game. “Division” It wants you all weak and feeling alone,and worthless like you and your voice doesn’t matter,till you start questioning your whole life and existence itself,and next thing you know....you’re lost a sea without a rudder to navigate you back to shore. It’s sneaky crafty,and goes in unassuming small slow drips too. That’s how I wound up out in the abyss,and lost everything and everyone. Still swimming my way back too....and darned if I’m not tired,but I won’t quit. NO ONES having a big final showdown that I don’t get to take part in. Might stink a bit from seaweed,and look like a trash barge.....but I’ll be there just the same.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No it won’t stop,and in fact as I’ve been saying for years on social media...events are going to increase,and for folks to buckle up because we’re in for some real rough waters. Evil has taken hold on this planet,and families and loved ones MUST stay together tightly,and be consciously aware of doing so,because that’s evils whole game. “Division” It wants you all weak and feeling alone,and worthless like you and your voice doesn’t matter,till you start questioning your whole life and existence itself,and next thing you know....you’re lost a sea without a rudder to navigate you back to shore. It’s sneaky crafty,and goes in unassuming small slow drips too. That’s how I wound up out in the abyss,and lost everything and everyone. Still swimming my way back too....and darned if I’m not tired,but I won’t quit. NO ONES having a big final showdown that I don’t get to take part in. Might stink a bit from seaweed,and look like a trash barge.....but I’ll be there just the same.
God didn't save you from drowning to watch you struggle on shore. Keep the faith and keep fighting the good fight.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Actually I think the answers are easy.

Most can look at a situation like this and spot 3 or 4 things that could be done immediately to put downward pressure on the expansion of this sort of violence.

The answers are clearly there, it's just going to take some influencers within key groups to say "enough is enough and we have to change."

Pretty much this. America is not willing to do what needs to be done to stop these shootings from happening. Sandy Hook was the moment to do something, if that didn't get a response, none of these shootings will.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
An example really needs to be made with these kid shootings, just not sure what though. 1 quick solution is all schools need to have restricted access where all students and teachers need to go through metal detectors just like at the airports. Yeah it sucks but this is the day and age we live in.
Kids would easily have friends hand them a gun via a window or gate; that's what they do in the inner city HS where metal detectors are already a standard. Or they hide their weapons just outside of the HS in various stash places that are easily accessible if needed; kids hid guns/drugs above the ceiling boards in my day.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
God didn't save you from drowning to watch you struggle on shore. Keep the faith and keep fighting the good fight.
Joe...you got that right. I screwed up sooo awfully bad....but this? This is one thing I’m going to get right in my life,even if it kills me trying. Thank you Joe...I really do appreciate it. I’m a man fighting for his soul,and sometimes I don’t know who’s side is winning with me,but my gosh does the devil want me something fierce. Sooo much,I can taste it. I think he’s scared I’m going to talk...and of course I am. I can’t keep my stupid mouth shut!! Looool

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty much this. America is not willing to do what needs to be done to stop these shootings from happening. Sandy Hook was the moment to do something, if that didn't get a response, none of these shootings will.

It's stunning that the shooting of many kids less than 10 years of age didn't move the needle.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kids would easily have friends hand them a gun via a window or gate; that's what they do in the inner city HS where metal detectors are already a standard. Or they hide their weapons just outside of the HS in various stash places that are easily accessible if needed; kids hid them above the ceiling boards in my day.

Yep.

Personally I find the need for metal detectors at school to be embarrassing for a country as great as this one... And a poorly shaped Band-Aid for a condition that needs far more than this.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yep.

Personally I find the need for metal detectors at school to be embarrassing for a country as great as this one... And a poorly shaped Band-Aid for a condition that needs far more than this.
I agree, and it was a knock of shame or acknowledging that you went to a troubled HS; scarlet letter vibe. I don't think these schools are thinking this direction through as it definitely impacts the students. Always personal safety first, learning? a DISTANT second.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
It's stunning that the shooting of many kids less than 10 years of age didn't move the needle.
Yeah...it’s the boiling frog theory. Now it’s just a weekly thing,and tomorrow everyone will be onto the next this and that,if they haven’t already. It’s really sad,that we actually live in a age where children being slaughtered at schools,or some loon in a hotel mowing down everyone below is a normal occurrence. It seems surreal...but it’s reality now.