Another sign we’re close?

ESisback

Reaction score
In some ways, perhaps. What it also does is give fans snippets of information from which they draw broad conclusions.

Oh, of course, and overreact, strut, brag, fight, etc., etc.

ESisback

Reaction score
Maybe so. I can’t really say. I gain very little if any info about the Cowboys from this site.

I do agree it’s easier for fans to gain the info. They don’t need read 2 or 3 papers every morning and tune into the local news and radio .

I learn something daily, mostly from stat gurus like Jumbo, or those draft and personnel wizards especially. I’m not so arrogant to think just because I’ve been a fan for 50 years I know more.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I learn something daily, mostly from stat gurus like Jumbo, or those draft and personnel wizards especially. I’m not so arrogant to think just because I’ve been a fan for 50 years I know more.
What I meant is I don’t rely on this forum for info . And yes fans like Jumbo can provide some Cap or contract info I might not have otherwise pursued or been interested in.

And I do believe that those who have watched every game for most of the franchises existence following the local papers, beat writers and personalities who report on the Cowboys almost daily are who I’m more apt to follow and align with like many of my closer Cowboy friends.

That doesn’t mean we agree on every issue but there’s a level of mutual respect knowing where we’ve all been. We definitely want to hear each other’s perception and weigh in. We often can persuade and influence each other. There’s usually some arrogance attached. I’ve never thought of it as a negative. I see arrogance as a form of confidence.

It doesn’t mean we’re more knowledgeable especially of statistical info more readily available. It just means our priorities and ideology are usually similar.

Bloggin the boys is a much more informative site if that’s what you’re looking for. I have a friend who’s a writer over there. But it doesn’t have as much forum type setup. You can add comments and discuss issues but isn’t it’s core function. Similar to posting on newspaper sites. All are much more informative than these fan forum sites. I use the same handle over there but rarely comment or create post.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I like Jerry, but he’s public figure with lots of flaws. Many fans are highly critical, mostly because of the 23 years without a Lombardi, but a lot of us smile while shaking our heads. Supposed Cowboy fans?!? That’s funny! A good natured nickname doesn’t bother most people. Lighten up, Francis!

If you read all of the posts by the person that started this you would see that he doesn't use that name as a good natured nickname.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s many issues those closer to me and those I follow we don’t agree on from Garrett to Dak and all points in between . But there is one topic we all basically agree on and that’s Jerry.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
What I meant is I don’t rely on this forum for info . And yes fans like Jumbo can provide some Cap or contract info I might not have otherwise pursued or been interested in.

And I do believe that those who have watched every game for most of the franchises existence following the local papers, beat writers and personalities who report on the Cowboys almost daily are who I’m more apt to follow and align with like many of my closer Cowboy friends.

That doesn’t mean we agree on every issue but there’s a level of mutual respect knowing where we’ve all been. We definitely want to hear each other’s perception and weigh in. We often can persuade and influence each other. There’s usually some arrogance attached. I’ve never thought of it as a negative. I see arrogance as a form of confidence.

It doesn’t mean we’re more knowledgeable especially of statistical info more readily available. It just means our priorities and ideology are usually similar.

Bloggin the boys is a much more informative site if that’s what you’re looking for. I have a friend who’s a writer over there. But it doesn’t have as much forum type setup. You can add comments and discuss issues but isn’t it’s core function. Similar to posting on newspaper sites. All are much more informative than these fan forum sites. I use the same handle over there but rarely comment or create post.

Cool. I’d imagine national coverage is characterized by a slant toward sensationalism for ratings dollars, while locals deal with more extremes. On one side you’d have the rah rah homers, obsessed with every detail, while the other side would be the extremely vocal, perpetually dissatisfied mob. I’d assume the local writers would be more passionate about success than ratings.

ESisback

Reaction score
If you read all of the posts by the person that started this you would see that he doesn't use that name as a good natured nickname.

If you’re talking about Couch Coach, I can assure you the phrase “Booger” amuses him. Me too. I also find it accurate, for the most part. Is it or is it not a fairly common nickname used in several southern states? Was Jerry caught on film mining for gold? Do most people chuckle and/or roll their eyes when they hear it?

I have a few fairly odd nicknames for friends and relatives— not meant as disrespect—just good natured jibber-jabber.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If you’re talking about Couch Coach, I can assure you the phrase “Booger” amuses him. Me too. I also find it accurate, for the most part. Is it or is it not a fairly common nickname used in several southern states? Was Jerry caught on film mining for gold? Do most people chuckle and/or roll their eyes when they hear it?

I have a few fairly odd nicknames for friends and relatives— not meant as disrespect—just good natured jibber-jabber.

I am from Texas and I've never heard anyone calling someone booger in good nature fun. I've only heard it a couple of times and my perception was it was meant in a disrespected or mean spirited way. It was used instead of calling them an *ss.

ESisback

Reaction score
I am from Texas and I've never heard anyone calling someone booger in good nature fun. I've only heard it a couple of times and my perception was it was meant in a disrespected or mean spirited way. It was used instead of calling them an *ss.
Wow, that’s interesting! Guess it depends on where you’re from. Some folks are more sensitive too. I’ve heard a lot worse, and people didn’t bat an eyelash!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd have to say yes, we're getting close, although, that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Let's just keep watching and hoping a Super Bowl is ultimately in our future at some point quite soon!

Jerry, formerly, wouldn't always listen to those who advised him. The good news is that now, he does.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wow, that’s interesting! Guess it depends on where you’re from. Some folks are more sensitive too. I’ve heard a lot worse, and people didn’t bat an eyelash!

You misread me completely. I've heard and used every four letter word there is, sometimes in jest, but when I did NOBODY confused it as mean spirited or disrespectful. It's much harder to do that in the written form because you don't hear voice inflection or facial expressions but couch coach as said that several people have commented about his use of booger and he's also said he doesn't care who doesn't like it. That in and of itself implies that he knows that some think it's disrespectful or mean spirited.

ESisback

Reaction score
You misread me completely. I've heard and used every four letter word there is, sometimes in jest, but when I did NOBODY confused it as mean spirited or disrespectful. It's much harder to do that in the written form because you don't hear voice inflection or facial expressions but couch coach as said that several people have commented about his use of booger and he's also said he doesn't care who doesn't like it. That in and of itself implies that he knows that some think it's disrespectful or mean spirited.

And something you’re spending WAY too much time fussing over! Someone gave Jerry a smartassy nickname...WAAAAH! CC is a hilarious cat, and Jerry has certainly earned his share of mockery.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
And something you’re spending WAY too much time fussing over! Someone gave Jerry a smartassy nickname...WAAAAH! CC is a hilarious cat, and Jerry has certainly earned his share of mockery.

Gee I'm sorry I was raised better than you and taught common courtesies when talking about elders.

ESisback

Reaction score
Gee I'm sorry I was raised better than you and taught common courtesies when talking about elders.

A rather arrogant assumption, isn’t it? Not much of an endorsement for “common courtesies”, I’d say. I respect my elders, although they’re not above reproach. My Dad’s 84, and there’s NO ONE I respect more, but sometimes I’ll call him an old fart. He’ll say “Listen, you little assh***...”, but I just chuckle.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Your forgetting Jerry isn’t an Elder to all of us.

So there's a lot of 78 and older users here? And if there are I guess they don't have to be respectful to Jones as an elder but that doesn't leave those younger than 77 from being disrespectful.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
A rather arrogant assumption, isn’t it? Not much of an endorsement for “common courtesies”, I’d say. I respect my elders, although they’re not above reproach. My Dad’s 84, and there’s NO ONE I respect more, but sometimes I’ll call him an old fart. He’ll say “Listen, you little assh***...”, but I just chuckle.

Again being face to face and knowing your family is entirely different that being disrespectful in the written form with total strangers. If you're OK with that fine but don't try to push your approval on others especially when it's obvious that they don't agree with yours thinking of being disrespectful to elders. Again the way I was raised, even in a joking manner it would never have been OK to say something like that to your Dad.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Lol. Jones is both dude, get over it.
That's been the problem with this team for damn near 30 years dude. Accept it! Socks and jocks.... Jerry's the only owner who's gm and in charge of football operations. Stephens proven to be a chip off the old block getting in front of the mic like a blithering idiot.

To ignore it is blind blissful ignorance.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't quite understand the term "slobberer" that some are using on this site. It seems to me to refer to anyone who defends the actions of Dak, Jerry, and other controversial members of the Cowboys. To that, I say hang on! Sure, Jerry and Dak aren't perfect, but they also have had a lot of brilliant moments.

In the case of Jerry, which seems to be the bone of contention in this thread, I say that he's been brilliant with his moves (along with the rest of the FO including Will McClay) since 2013. Have you not noticed the talent we've amassed? How about the fact that we took a 4th round QB (who wasn't even our first choice that round) and replaced the terrific Tony Romo (of whom I am always a fan). Dak has been brilliant in his own right.

Also, we have such a logjam at WR. I mean, good luck to the coaches in bringing that number down to 6. I think we will make the NFCC. In fact, I think we can win the Super Bowl this year if everyone stays healthy and Zeke doesn't do anymore stupid rubbish.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For those of you who are screaming for us to use a 1st on a "generational" QB. Just be patient. Let's see what Dak can do with the offence that has been assembled. As you saw on my previous post, I have high expectations for this team with the talent we have. Barring injuries or long suspensions, I think that we will make the NFCC and beyond with the talent we have.