Another sign we’re close?

ESisback

Reaction score
I picked my nickname...
Corso.

Otherwise I agree.
And like Jerry Jam-Master Booger would care that some goob calls him Booger.
LOL!
That boy laughs his way to the bank on the daily.
He knows he controls what millions of us watch like hawks, no matter what we call him.

10-4!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
tenor.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I picked my nickname...
Corso.

Otherwise I agree.
And like Jerry Jam-Master Booger would care that some goob calls him Booger.
LOL!
That boy laughs his way to the bank on the daily.
He knows he controls what millions of us watch like hawks, no matter what we call him.
goob? Goob???? Why, that's an entirely different nickname.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playing a character in a movie hardly counts as accepting a name. There may be some who are not offended by that name and I'll bet when they originally got the name it wasn't started as a disrespected name out of mean spirited feelings. I'll also bet that if someone asked Jones if he liked being called booger and is called booger because of mean spirited feelings that he would say he doesn't like the name. When you can name someone that goes by that name and it wasn't started to ridicule that person and you have proof of that, then I may consider rethinking this.
Rethink it? Why are you thinking it in the first place? Why do you care? Hell, you called me an immature 5 year old when I am a very mature 5 year old. How many 5 year old's do you know with a goatee?

You've tried to make this more of an issue than me actually giving him a nickname. Most could care less what I call him.

ESisback

Reaction score
Rethink it? Why are you thinking it in the first place? Why do you care? Hell, you called me an immature 5 year old when I am a very mature 5 year old. How many 5 year old's do you know with a goatee?

You've tried to make this more of an issue than me actually giving him a nickname. Most could care less what I call him.

Umm...late for supper?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous now. Most nicknames are created to mimic or ridicule them. You can’t pick your nickname. Lol

Oh I see so like Too Tall Jones was to ridicule him or Magic Johnson was to ridicule him or The Greatest was to ridicule Ali or the list can go on and on and on and on of nick names that weren't started to ridicule people but instead as a means of honoring them. You just think to mimic or ridicule a person by giving them a nick name that does mimic or ridicule them is just fine but again I'll bet if those people are asked if they like the nick name they will say no and don't use the name themselves. That's the difference, you thinking it's funny at the expense of someone else and seeing nothing wrong with that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

No I didn't call you a 5 year old I said you acted like a 5 year old. Why does it bother you so much that I think it's disrespectful?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh I see so like Too Tall Jones was to ridicule him or Magic Johnson was to ridicule him or The Greatest was to ridicule Ali or the list can go on and on and on and on of nick names that weren't started to ridicule people but instead as a means of honoring them. You just think to mimic or ridicule a person by giving them a nick name that does mimic or ridicule them is just fine but again I'll bet if those people are asked if they like the nick name they will say no and don't use the name themselves. That's the difference, you thinking it's funny at the expense of someone else and seeing nothing wrong with that.
Of course we think it’s funny at their expense. And couldn’t care less what they think. Nor you.

Some nicknames honor. Others poke fun or disgrace.

My circle of friends nicknamed Jerry “ Jethro” after the Beverly Hillbillies character. What do you think our intention was? Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Maybe he’s one of those Slobbering Jerry fans? Lol
There’s another nickname probably not intended to be flattering :)

Booger is actually more flattering than I’d like to call him. And why I think Jethro is more distasteful.

He's the most despised sports personality in Dallas. And that speaks volumes with another moron owner in Dallas.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
No I didn't call you a 5 year old I said you acted like a 5 year old. Why does it bother you so much that I think it's disrespectful?

Just amused/amazed that someone is so stubbornly committed to outrage over something so benign. It’s actually fairly normal to “act like a 5 year old” about SOMETHING.

Will you answer a question? Are you truly offended by “Booger” as a goofy nickname a stranger uses to describe the billionaire owner of a football team on an internet fan forum, or are you simply determined to “win” a debate? Be honest. What’s your true priority? Just curious.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because that's an odd thing to focus on because most could care less and ignore what I call him. Is it that or the fact you just don't like me and need to focus on that particular point because this isn't the first time you've come at me? It is perfectly OK if you don't like me, you have company and the rule of 10 applies to an internet forum as well as aspects of real life but it gets a little trickier.

It is a rule developed and researched years ago to ascertain the "likes" of prospects in the sales arena. Out of 10 people we will all meet, on average, 3 will like us and 3 will not with 4 undecided. The ones that like or dislike us can't always put their finger on why they feel that way and these are decisions made within seconds of meeting someone. So, by using that formula, you are in my 30% dislike group and it doesn't matter what I write, you are going to find something to hammer on it about.

The major difference between the real life formula and the internet forums one is that the absence of sight and sound, two very strong components of face to face or phone meetings, is that we only have their words to go by and that can be limiting and take longer to form an opinion. And I have been dead wrong about some posters since I started frequenting these fan forums.

The ones I've seen get a little aggressive with others seem to be personalities that I might not like but I also give allowance for the "internet personality" some adopt as an outlet for some anger and frustration. I see posters like that here all the time and I ask myself 'can they really be that angry about a football team'? Stuff spills over and there's a hell of a lot of stuff going on outside of this football forum right now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just amused/amazed that someone is so stubbornly committed to outrage over something so benign. It’s actually fairly normal to “act like a 5 year old” about SOMETHING.

Will you answer a question? Are you truly offended by “Booger” as a goofy nickname a stranger uses to describe the billionaire owner of a football team on an internet fan forum, or are you simply determined to “win” a debate? Be honest. What’s your true priority? Just curious.
Well, if "winning" is getting me to stop using Booger, he's already lost. Hell, I've been doing this for so long when if I hear or see him, I have to think what his real first name is. If I were to meet him, I know I'd call him that just out of habit.

And I am sure he's paid private investigators thousands to try and find out the whereabouts of this CouchCoach character. "Hey Daddy, we're going to the Super Bowl, why aren't you excited'? "Than damned CouchCoach called it the Booger Bowl".

cern

Reaction score
few know this but a former friend of mine, Stephen hawking, was called "wheels" by his friends. he thought it was funny. and admiral rickover, someone I admired much was nicknamed azz hole, but never to his face. he wouldn't have liked it. in the deep south, booger and bubba are common nicknames. so are goober and gomer.

ESisback

Reaction score
Well, if "winning" is getting me to stop using Booger, he's already lost. Hell, I've been doing this for so long when if I hear or see him, I have to think what his real first name is. If I were to meet him, I know I'd call him that just out of habit.

And I am sure he's paid private investigators thousands to try and find out the whereabouts of this CouchCoach character. "Hey Daddy, we're going to the Super Bowl, why aren't you excited'? "Than damned CouchCoach called it the Booger Bowl".

You BOOGER BAITER! You’re a master, though. Wait, there’s a disrespectful joke in there somewhere...hope you’re not offended...