Another sign we’re close?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I will say that until Boger has gone to his grave.

He's just not the type of guy to back off. There's a reason that Crazy Al was his mentor.
Davis was his mentor, Jerry reached out to him and he responded, and big league information was exchanged, mainly from Davis, Jerry was just trying to hit oil at that time.
Successful people seem to have that ability in common, its a good practice to ask others that have been in the business for a while and have been successful if your investing millions, now billions.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
sad how far we ve fallen where we need other things to make us feel good.

SJ will not be different from his dad. if he was, we d see it by now.
He’s already proven that he’s diff from Dad with the Manziel draft. I know, I know some people just like to complain but you do expose yourself when you do.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
With a billion dollar stadium and a billion dollar training facility I think it's easy to see that Jerry cares about this organization. And if he cares then he's involved. Thinking otherwise is just silly.

Silly commentators. That's what they are.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
When we win a Super Bowl, I'll give more credit to the next Jones up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Jerry wanted Johnny College he would've been the pick.

Yes and Jerry talked highly of him leading up to that draft and many predicted that Manziel would be drafted by the Cowboys. Thankfully that did not happen but BP who worked for Jerry has said Jerry will listen to those around him. He may have the final say but that say is based on the input of people he has hired.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah when you have actual video evidence of the already obvious fact that Jerry is a very active hands on GM it's kind of relevant.

But allow them to live in their fantasy land. It soothes them.

Yeah, it was shameful the way Jerry overruled everybody in the draft room and took McGovern over everyone's objections.

The man must go!
:angry:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes and Jerry talked highly of him leading up to that draft and many predicted that Manziel would be drafted by the Cowboys. Thankfully that did not happen but BP who worked for Jerry has said Jerry will listen to those around him. He may have the final say but that say is based on the input of people he has hired.

Nobody wants to hear that!

There's no scandal, no controversy!

Boring!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nobody wants to hear that!

There's no scandal, no controversy!

Boring!

Yes because truth tends to be more boring than conspiracy or the reading between the lines. I'm not going to sit here and say I have agreed with every move this team has made I haven't nor do I agree with giving headcase players numerous chances because I don't and I don't see other NFL teams bending over backwards for problem players. On the other side there have been moves that this team made that I have agreed with yet the end results were not what was hoped for and others that have panned out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Davis was his mentor, Jerry reached out to him and he responded, and big league information was exchanged, mainly from Davis, Jerry was just trying to hit oil at that time.
Successful people seem to have that ability in common, its a good practice to ask others that have been in the business for a while and have been successful if your investing millions, now billions.
And they connected when he was trying to buy the Chargers so they go way back and share the same philosophy if I own it, I run it. I think he also loved the fact that Al was the NFL maverick. I think when the owners left a meeting, they thought it was a good meeting if Al didn't threaten to sue one or all of them.

And that thing that Al had about send me your problem children and I'll send them to Hawaii rubbed off on Booger as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes because truth tends to be more boring than conspiracy or the reading between the lines. I'm not going to sit here and say I have agreed with every move this team has made I haven't nor do I agree with giving headcase players numerous chances because I don't and I don't see other NFL teams bending over backwards for problem players. On the other side there have been moves that this team made that I have agreed with yet the end results were not what was hoped for and others that have panned out.

Exactly, and when you look at the overall personnel moves that this team has made over the past several years, they compare favorably with the best teams in the league. Hardly the work of some out of touch madman who rules his team with an iron fist.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly, and when you look at the overall personnel moves that this team has made over the past several years, they compare favorably with the best teams in the league. Hardly the work of some out of touch madman who rules his team with an iron fist.
We’ve had more favorable decision making and team building before with Bills and Jimmy influence.

Calling the shots doesn’t mean he’s not listening to those around him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Interesting as he let some have their say and then time to shut up.

I do not think he is as involved in as much day to day but if it's important, he's the final approval.

Booger has built his persona and is the face of the team, even has people calling his stadium Booger World, or something to that effect. What would he do? Crazy Al probably knew he should not be as involved as he was but that's who he was. Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders were inseparable in his mind and in mine as well. I think Booger has reached that level with this team and cannot imagine not being joined at the hip.

Some feel since he's 75 that that's wind down time, jump on the boat and play pirate and the saucy wench but some men cannot let go and go into that good night. If he didn't have those interviews to look forward to and some people interested in what he has to say, he loses relevance and that is a hard thing to take.
And that’s the bottom line. He doesn’t have to be in every discussion to get the final nod.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Jerry has allowed Stephen and McClay to have greater roles in recent time. Jerry is still very much involved in this team.
They’ve been better influences much like Jason has so he listens more to them.

But all you need to know who’s making the final decisions is watch the War Room or when Garrett prematurely announced Linehan was safe.

Or when he stormed out the press box last year at 3-4 avoiding interviews until we made trade for Cooper.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah when you have actual video evidence of the already obvious fact that Jerry is a very active hands on GM it's kind of relevant.

But allow them to live in their fantasy land. It soothes them.
I get it. It provides them more hope. But we had similar Hope when Bill and Jimmy were here.

Garrett really deserves much more credit as well for influencing everyone. His Game Day flaws are just more visible but he’s the one who influenced promoting McClay and Stephens totally on board with Jason as well. They’ve cumulatively been a good influence with Jerry. But make no mistake Jerry is still in the Big Seat ready to take Credit.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I get it. It provides them more hope. But we had similar Hope when Bill and Jimmy were here.

Garrett really deserves much more credit as well for influencing everyone. His Game Day flaws are just more visible but he’s the one who influenced promoting McClay and Stephens totally on board with Jason as well. They’ve cumulatively been a good influence with Jerry. But make no mistake Jerry is still in the Big Seat ready to take Credit.

Frankly I don't care who gets credit should they win the SB. If this team can get that next SB there should be enough credit to go around