Another sign we’re close?

Big_D

Reaction score
The problem I have is supposed Cowboys fans that give the owner/president/GM of the team they claim to be a fan of a disrespectful name. I'm sure many of you haven't even thought about what fans of other teams that come here to troll think about Cowboys fans when they disrespect their own owner. I know you'll just say you don't care what fans of other teams think about Cowboys fans but just think about it. If you're willing and happy to disrespect Jones today, what Cowboys thing tomorrow are you going to be happy to disrespect since it comes so easily. I remember fans all across the country making fun and ridiculing Saint fans when they used to wear bags on their heads at games. They finally stop when they started winning and then they got very resentful when people kept bring it up. They were to blame because they did it just like now supposed Cowboy fans are disrespecting Jones.

LOL so if you're a fan of any sports team, you should be a fan of the owner too? What a crock!! Specially when that owner don't give 2 craps about the fan base. You don't like Booger, how do feel about POS? Cause that's what I think about Jerry Jones. Respect is earned..

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
gj, not proud of anything about disrespecting Booger, I do not respect any spotlight hog that needs to be a celebrity that badly and flaunt his toys through the media. I have no respect for the Kardashians either. I do not dislike the man, because I do not know him, but I do not respect him just because he owns the team. I have never respected any of the team's owners, why should I and why does that bother you? You might want to investigate Murchison and his relationship with one of his coaches wives, he was a dbag. Bright was a total awesome person and was willing to take less money just to get the man he hated fired.

There are few of these owners I respect, including Booger. They represent the epitome of greed and they've changed the game to suit their own needs and feed that greed.

However, my respect for anyone should not be an issue with you or anyone else. And questioning something as important as someone's character over what they call the owner of this team is as far out of line as it gets.

This might come as a shock to you but people buy or start businesses TO MAKE MONEY. To hold it against someone because the MEDIA likes to show someone with things that they have bought from the money THEY EARNED is a poor excuse for not respecting someone. Making the type of money needed to buy a professional sports team should be enough to at least respect the man. If you think it's an easy thing to make several billion dollars let me know when you've done it. I'm not saying Jones or any of the former Cowboys owners are saints and haven't done things they later regretted, they probably have, but then so have most people. To use your logic, then nobody should respect anyone because in just about everyone's past are things they regret doing.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
LOL so if you're a fan of any sports team, you should be a fan of the owner too? What a crock!! Specially when that owner don't give 2 craps about the fan base. You don't like Booger, how do feel about POS? Cause that's what I think about Jerry Jones. Respect is earned..

No I didn't say that. If you like a sports team and don't like the owner, fine, just don't disrespect him. Although that brings up a couple of points. 1st, the owner of a sports team in many regards is the team so if you don't like the owner then do you really like the team? 2nd, when you do disrespect the owner you are also to some extent disrespecting the team you claim to be a fan of. What kind of fan disrespects the team they claim to be a fan of?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This might come as a shock to you but people buy or start businesses TO MAKE MONEY. To hold it against someone because the MEDIA likes to show someone with things that they have bought from the money THEY EARNED is a poor excuse for not respecting someone. Making the type of money needed to buy a professional sports team should be enough to at least respect the man. If you think it's an easy thing to make several billion dollars let me know when you've done it. I'm not saying Jones or any of the former Cowboys owners are saints and haven't done things they later regretted, they probably have, but then so have most people. To use your logic, then nobody should respect anyone because in just about everyone's past are things they regret doing.
Like I said, respect is earned. Some hand theirs out easily and all it takes is amassing enough money to buy a sports team. Money does not equal respect for me and never will.

Do you know how the Rams owner bought his team? He married a Walton and bought it with her money. I respect him as much as any gold digger. Why would I respect Bidwell, Brown, Davis, Mara or Rooney? They inherited their teams, I do not respect inheritance.

As far as disrespecting Booger, (oooh, I felt you shudder) if he didn't put his ugly mug and stupid little sayings out there and force coverage of himself on radio and shots from his suite, I wouldn't even pay attention to him. My disrespect for him has never been about running his business but running his mouth and being an attention *****. One seeks celebrity status, the disrespect comes with that.

However, the Booger does not come from that because I view Ole Sphincter Face as more disrespectful. The Booger was a gift that cannot be returned. Billionaire opening his palace for the world to praise him, drilling a nostril on national TV and being on the Boogertron in all it's glory was pure balance to the universe for me. I was amazed that someone didn't beat me to it but I did have a fall back, just in case....Nostrildeemus.

ESisback

Reaction score

But it’s not really about the money! Oh sure, human nature leans toward snarky comments when someone else shows off, but this is more about the awkward pressers, the giant personnel blunders, and the drunken womanizing, that invites the sarcasm. 23 years without a Lombardi for the greatest football franchise the world has ever known certainly doesn’t help, either.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I don't begrudge anyone making money. Jerry is obviously a smart investor and I respect that ability. That doesn't mean I have to respect everything about him.

He's running the Dallas Cowboys like a fantasy team. He handed himself, and his children, high profile positions they will keep until the day they die regardless of results. It's his team, he can run it how he likes, but I don't feel obligated to support it until the day I die just because I loved Staubach and Landry when I was growing up. As for the money, a lot of what they earn comes from the legacy Jerry purchased, built by guys like Landry and Staubach. Lots of fans like me supported the Cowboys before we ever heard of Jerry Jones. We owe him nothing, and he owes us nothing. If you're going to preach about respect as though it's some sort of obligation that's fine, but I'm not obligated to respect that point of view.

If that makes me a bad fan in your eyes, who cares?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Like I said, respect is earned. Some hand theirs out easily and all it takes is amassing enough money to buy a sports team. Money does not equal respect for me and never will.

Do you know how the Rams owner bought his team? He married a Walton and bought it with her money. I respect him as much as any gold digger. Why would I respect Bidwell, Brown, Davis, Mara or Rooney? They inherited their teams, I do not respect inheritance.

As far as disrespecting Booger, (oooh, I felt you shudder) if he didn't put his ugly mug and stupid little sayings out there and force coverage of himself on radio and shots from his suite, I wouldn't even pay attention to him. My disrespect for him has never been about running his business but running his mouth and being an attention *****. One seeks celebrity status, the disrespect comes with that.

However, the Booger does not come from that because I view Ole Sphincter Face as more disrespectful. The Booger was a gift that cannot be returned. Billionaire opening his palace for the world to praise him, drilling a nostril on national TV and being on the Boogertron in all it's glory was pure balance to the universe for me. I was amazed that someone didn't beat me to it but I did have a fall back, just in case....Nostrildeemus.

I find it very odd that you hold Jones in such ill contempt because he's made a lot of money, bought the Cowboys and because he owns the most famous team in the NFL the media hangs on his every word and informs the public of all his possessions. Jones doesn't have to do a thing for the media to flock to him but you seem to think he's like T.O. who called a presser on his driveway and did pushups for notoriety. There's nothing that's going to get through to you about this so if you want to call Jones a disrespectful name me, nor anyone else that finds it disrespectful, is going to get you to stop. Just remember that when you disrespect Jones you're also disrespecting the Cowboys too.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
But it’s not really about the money! Oh sure, human nature leans toward snarky comments when someone else shows off, but this is more about the awkward pressers, the giant personnel blunders, and the drunken womanizing, that invites the sarcasm. 23 years without a Lombardi for the greatest football franchise the world has ever known certainly doesn’t help, either.

Some Cowboys fans who continue to whine about no Lombardi trophies for 23 years but never think about how much worse it could be. The Cowboys have FIVE Lombardi's but they could be the Bills who hold the record as the only team to go to 4 straight Super Bowls but LOST ALL FOUR. They've never won a single Lombardi Just like the Cardinals, Lions, Jags, Browns, Panthers, Bengals and Vikings. Yes I wish the Cowboys would win every year until the entire league was sick of the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl every year, but since they haven't I still am glad they have won FIVE and not like those other 8 teams that haven't or the other teams with just 1 or 2 Super Bowl wins. Oh ya it also could be worse like the Peckers who had to wait TWENTY NINE YEARS between Super Bowl wins.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve always felt that way too! Far too many people are perpetually miserable. It COULD be worse. A LOT worse!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I find it very odd that you hold Jones in such ill contempt because he's made a lot of money, bought the Cowboys and because he owns the most famous team in the NFL the media hangs on his every word and informs the public of all his possessions. Jones doesn't have to do a thing for the media to flock to him but you seem to think he's like T.O. who called a presser on his driveway and did pushups for notoriety. There's nothing that's going to get through to you about this so if you want to call Jones a disrespectful name me, nor anyone else that finds it disrespectful, is going to get you to stop. Just remember that when you disrespect Jones you're also disrespecting the Cowboys too.
That’s such a hypocritical statement. Jerry has disrespected Cowboys Football with his mgmt style. He’s the most hated sports personality in the DFW area.

Obviously you haven’t read a local newspaper, tuned into a local radio station or TV affiliate in the last 30 years or you’d know.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some Cowboys fans who continue to whine about no Lombardi trophies for 23 years but never think about how much worse it could be. The Cowboys have FIVE Lombardi's but they could be the Bills who hold the record as the only team to go to 4 straight Super Bowls but LOST ALL FOUR. They've never won a single Lombardi Just like the Cardinals, Lions, Jags, Browns, Panthers, Bengals and Vikings. Yes I wish the Cowboys would win every year until the entire league was sick of the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl every year, but since they haven't I still am glad they have won FIVE and not like those other 8 teams that haven't or the other teams with just 1 or 2 Super Bowl wins. Oh ya it also could be worse like the Peckers who had to wait TWENTY NINE YEARS between Super Bowl wins.
This argument I’d agree with. We could be living in Cleveland or Detroit. But that doesn’t mean we can’t still call out the issues confronting our franchise.

Personally I thought last year was probably about as enjoyable a season as we can hope for this era. Tremendous turnaround. Record setting in Cowboys history to make the playoffs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I am not. He is not the face of the team to me, merely the owner. Murchison and Schramm weren't the face of the team to me. You are speaking of the business and I am talking about the football team.

And that media hanging on every word and informing the public about his possessions and the value of them is not media driven, it is Booger driven. And I do not hold him in contempt for his money or the fact that he bought the Cowboys or even that he fired Landry or the fact that he's jocks to socks, it's is his spotlight seeking celebrityitis crap that I find contemptuous.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I’ve always felt that way too! Far too many people are perpetually miserable. It COULD be worse. A LOT worse!
Truer words were never spoken and that's not confined to following a sports team but real life.

I found it very revealing on the old forum that when Romo made that statement about "if this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I've had a good life". Posters were incensed, how dare him not want to slit his wrists. He's not worthy, he doesn't care!

ES, over time after spending as much time on these forums as I have, I find that the more serious a poster is about following any sports team, the less serious I take them. And I hope if they live as long as I have, they look back on that and realize just how unimportant that was. But I cannot criticize, I was one of them at one time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This argument I’d agree with. We could be living in Cleveland or Detroit. But that doesn’t mean we can’t still call out the issues confronting our franchise.

Personally I thought last year was probably about as enjoyable a season as we can hope for this era. Tremendous turnaround. Record setting in Cowboys history to make the playoffs.
Isn't that why all of these sports fan forums exist? Are any of the other NFL ones any different? I don't go to any of them but I've seen stuff posted from them and they can be every bit as wacky as we can be.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't begrudge anyone making money. Jerry is obviously a smart investor and I respect that ability. That doesn't mean I have to respect everything about him.

He's running the Dallas Cowboys like a fantasy team. He handed himself, and his children, high profile positions they will keep until the day they die regardless of results. It's his team, he can run it how he likes, but I don't feel obligated to support it until the day I die just because I loved Staubach and Landry when I was growing up. As for the money, a lot of what they earn comes from the legacy Jerry purchased, built by guys like Landry and Staubach. Lots of fans like me supported the Cowboys before we ever heard of Jerry Jones. We owe him nothing, and he owes us nothing. If you're going to preach about respect as though it's some sort of obligation that's fine, but I'm not obligated to respect that point of view.

If that makes me a bad fan in your eyes, who cares?
:hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Isn't that why all of these sports fan forums exist? Are any of the other NFL ones any different? I don't go to any of them but I've seen stuff posted from them and they can be every bit as wacky as we can be.
I’ve never been to any other teams fan forum either. No interest.

I think most opposing fans are more likely to be trolling. Much like I see on Facebook and other Social Media.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Truer words were never spoken and that's not confined to following a sports team but real life.

I found it very revealing on the old forum that when Romo made that statement about "if this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I've had a good life". Posters were incensed, how dare him not want to slit his wrists. He's not worthy, he doesn't care!

ES, over time after spending as much time on these forums as I have, I find that the more serious a poster is about following any sports team, the less serious I take them. And I hope if they live as long as I have, they look back on that and realize just how unimportant that was. But I cannot criticize, I was one of them at one time.
I was pretty serious for a long time. Over 40 years attending games. I still watch all the games but not as emotionally attached anymore. Still want to win but not as critical to my happiness any longer. My wife often has to shake me to stay awake on some of them. Lol

Big_D

Reaction score

NFL fans are out of their minds. This is a league wide issue. lol I haven't been to any of the other forums either, but I'm sure what's happening here is happening at 30 other forums. All except NE. Those fans probably just join hands and sing kumbaya!! Nothing but love over there. They have no room at all to complain about anything.

ESisback

Reaction score

Totally serious about not being totally serious!