Another tackle... why??

Silverstar

Reaction score
T Doug Free at #122

What is going on...is Adams even playing this year?

:confused:

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
who would have started next year that we would have gotten with that pick?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Fix the OL has been the cry for the last 4 years. We try to get bigger and younger and do just that and now everyone crys about it. I don't understand

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
last year everyone was screaming o-line, all we really did in the off season was sign davis. Now that we are dradting o-line every one and their brother and his dog is asking why?
The intrawebs are returded.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I still want a DT... but whatever, these guys wont see the field this year.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;1477930 said:

How much you willing to wager that Free doesn't start either and we still haven't addressed the defensive secondary? BPA my ***!

SS

:star:

jem88

Reaction score
I can't pretend to know anything about this guy, but I have no problem with us taking O-line. Flozell has looked shaky the last few years and you never know with injuries. From the brief blurb I just read, the guy looks like good value for the 4th round.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Flo will be gone after this year. We are tired of paying huge $$$ to free agent OL's. I don't get it. We don't take OL's and I see complaining. Now we do go OL and I see complaining.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Adams will be gone next year book it his salary age and his underachieving self.

They will need a new starting LT and who do we have at tackle either side besides Pat Q as a back up.

We still have a starting RT but we need more depth there as well to back them up.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1477942 said:
Fix the OL has been the cry for the last 4 years. We try to get bigger and younger and do just that and now everyone crys about it. I don't understand
:hammer:

Bizwah

Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;1477930 said:

At this point we're not looking for starters.

We need depth, and guys to develop.

We have NO depth at NT...and we need help at FS and CB.

We actually have some depth at OL.

I like the pick....but I don't like how we're leaving our fly undone in the secondary and DL.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
skinsscalper;1477953 said:
How much you willing to wager that Free doesn't start either and we still haven't addressed the defensive secondary? BPA my ***!

SS

He wont start. Ever. But he is depth at a position we need depth at.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1477942 said:

Whats to understand WE need WR not linemen !!!!;)

skinsscalper

Reaction score
stealth;1477944 said:
last year everyone was screaming o-line, all we really did in the off season was sign davis. Now that we are dradting o-line every one and their brother and his dog is asking why?
The intrawebs are returded.

So I assume you think the secondary (you know the on that gave up more points and yards than ANY other team in the NFL over the last 6 games) is in tip top shape?

SS

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
We have an ageing OL, and have spent money on older linemen. Be nice to grow a few on our own and for the money this is not a bad way to go.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Again, it was reported that Jerry said we have to start doing a better job at developing OLs because basically he doesn't want to continue spending free agent money offensive linemen.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Bizwah;1477960 said:
At this point we're not looking for starters.

We need depth, and guys to develop.

We have NO depth at NT...and we need help at FS and CB.

We actually have some depth at OL.

I like the pick....but I don't like how we're leaving our fly undone in the secondary and DL.

Finally someone who gets it.

SS

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I can't help but believe Wade and JJ believe we have someone who can play backup DT... Maybe Spears? And I think they're pretty satisfied with the personnel in the secondary.

These are sort of like luxury picks. I think Marten is going to be playing G/C, then Free at T, couple those guys with McQ and Proctor, and we have the makings of what could be groomed into an outstanding young line.