Another tackle... why??

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;1478709 said:
Im a firm believer that you stock up on OLinemen, some will work out, some wont. But Iam worried about the DT situation.

I agree, just doesnt seem like there were any DTs they were interested in. Hopefully Ferguson stays healthy.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Is wade looking to move someone to NT besides Ferguson and Stanley maybe he is planing on moving Ratliff since the DE position has more depth no clue but we will find out at mini camps

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Silverstar;1478456 said:
The word "dumb" comes to mind when I read...McQ or Free could play guard.

What a coincidence!

Why?

Isn't McQ's twin brother a guard?

What do you think there is a quota on the number of guards allowed per family?

Draft guides have said that Free could transition to guard.

"Dumb" right back at ya!

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
Silverstar;1477922 said:
T Doug Free at #122

What is going on...is Adams even playing this year?

:confused:
the 2nd guy we drafted can play more than just tackle

neosapien23

Reaction score
The Oline has constantly underachieved. Rivera is now a goner. Adams must perform or he might be a let go if Marten, Free, or McQuistan step up. I am very very pleased with the Oline picks. The only legitimate complaint on this draft should be the first pick in the 4th round. Doesn't Dallas have enough project WRs? Dallas could have gone NT and finished off the front seven.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Kangaroo;1478791 said:
Ever remember Kevin Gogan was suppose to be to tall to play guard at 6-7 and he lasted what 14 years and played in a few pro bowls

Gogan (#66) was a tackle at 6-7 310 when he was drafted. He played for Dallas between 87'-94' and then went to the Raiders. He gained about 20lbs in Dallas and was later moved to RG. If Marten were to gain 20lbs like Gogan did, I'm still not sure he could play LG in the future at 6-8 330lbs.

That's giving him a lot of credit.

At least Marten has actually played some LG, but Free at 6062 324lbs has never played the guard position in his life.

Good call on Gogan.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Silverstar;1479019 said:
Gogan (#66) was a tackle at 6-7 310 when he was drafted. He played for Dallas between 87'-94' and then went to the Raiders. He gained about 20lbs in Dallas and was later moved to RG. If Marten were to gain 20lbs like Gogan did, I'm still not sure he could play LG in the future at 6-8 330lbs.

At least Marten has actually played some LG, but Free at 6062 324lbs has never played the guard position in his life.

Good call on Gogan.

It is not unusual for linemen to move around in the NFL guys that are LT college end up RT and guys that played tackle end up guards

Can one of them move inside possible which one while that is the coaching staffs job not mine since I am not an oline coach. :D

Silverstar

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1478835 said:
Why?

Isn't McQ's twin brother a guard?

What do you think there is a quota on the number of guards allowed per family?

Draft guides have said that Free could transition to guard.

"Dumb" right back at ya!

Yep, your post was dumb.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Silverstar;1479079 said:
Yep, your post was dumb.

Its dumb thinking that guys can play the guard position?

:rolleyes: the Little Einstein song just popped in my head.