Pappy...
Amari...
Lee Something-or-other...

Good stuff! Great reading!

Last edited:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hard for me to judge Dak with the crap scheme we run and with Garrett interfering with the play calling. That’s why I’d love to see a coach with QB grooming skills take over.

Just how do you think Garrett interferes with the playcalling? He Does help with game planning. With that help we've opened up the downfield passing game and he made Dak look really really good. But as far as play calling that is 100% on Moore. This whole thing about Garrett interfering is stupid.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Just how do you think Garrett interferes with the playcalling? He Does help with game planning. With that help we've opened up the downfield passing game and he made Dak look really really good. But as far as play calling that is 100% on Moore. This whole thing about Garrett interfering is stupid.

Come on man you don’t really believe that Garrett doesn’t change plays or influence the calls do you? The whole offensive philosophy is his.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Come on man you don’t really believe that Garrett doesn’t change plays or influence the calls do you? The whole offensive philosophy is his.

I know he doesn't. Your just blind with hatred. The most he does is advise we go for it or not on 4th down and controls time outs. This is a guy who wants to rely on the run yet we stop running in games it's working. You are seeing ghosts man.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I know he doesn't. Your just blind with hatred. The most he does is advise we go for it or not on 4th down and controls time outs. This is a guy who wants to rely on the run yet we stop running in games it's working. You are seeing ghosts man.

Lmao! Ok bud believe what you want. You must be a masochist to defend the red turd. Or is that you Jerry? Lol!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lmao! Ok bud believe what you want. You must be a masochist to defend the red turd. Or is that you Jerry? Lol!

I'm not defending him but you are just making crap up. When you have Mike Fisher and others saying the same thing that Moore is calling the plays he wants to call. You have zero sources saying differently. But go ahead and live in make-believe land if u want.

irving

Reaction score
Scenario #1. Both Garrett and Dak are axed come the spring.

Scenario #2. Garrett stays while Cowboys move up in the draft for there new Franchise QB prospect.

Let's be honest here most of our team's woes stem from lack of QB play and scoring!

Yes, Garrett is not perfect and probably has overstayed his welcome but over-all he seems like a qualified coach who will have a new gig once he is let go.

Don't kid yourselves, boys and girls, Jerry thought he had found Romo's replacement with a 4 th comp pick and he cannot hold Garrett responsible for his massive mistake here.

Anyway, I have rarely been wrong here in these wonderful forums so expect a very intense spring full of lots of surprises.....
No Dak Haters here just Cowboy Lover's!
And this anemic offense is pretty much all on Dak for the last 3 years.
Ya, we're Cowboy fans, not brown or Bills fans and almost win scenarios and garbage time stats don't impress us.
We are America's team and deserve and require a QB who can keep the STAR shining bright not padding his stats when GB is up in our HOUSE 31-3 etc etc.
Or having him feed off our other talents like Zeke so he can get top 5 QB cash for being a glorified Bus Driver.
Cowboy Fan over and out!
The STAR above all and ya even Dak!
If you truly believe what you say then why doesn't Dallas have a head coach worthy of the star? Landry, Johnson,Parcells, Garrett, who doesn't fit? I hope Jerry is stupid enough to let Dak go and keep Garrett. I'm sure Dak would appreciate a competent head coach. I'm not saying Dak is savior, but it's clear to some of us that Garrett should have been shown the door long ago. I wouldn't be trashing Bills and Browns fans either, because there are plenty of clueless Cowboy fans.

Fmart322

Reaction score

Scenario #2. Garrett stays while Cowboys move up in the draft for there new Franchise QB prospect.

Let's be honest here most of our team's woes stem from lack of QB play and scoring!

Yes, Garrett is not perfect and probably has overstayed his welcome but over-all he seems like a qualified coach who will have a new gig once he is let go.

Don't kid yourselves, boys and girls, Jerry thought he had found Romo's replacement with a 4 th comp pick and he cannot hold Garrett responsible for his massive mistake here.

Anyway, I have rarely been wrong here in these wonderful forums so expect a very intense spring full of lots of surprises.....
I would keep Dak before Garrett. I think Dak has most of the tools to lead the Cowboys to the super bowl. No QB is perfect but there's a lot of average QBs in the NFL and to find someone better won't be easy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you truly believe what you say then why doesn't Dallas have a head coach worthy of the star? Landry, Johnson,Parcells, Garrett, who doesn't fit? I hope Jerry is stupid enough to let Dak go and keep Garrett. I'm sure Dak would appreciate a competent head coach. I'm not saying Dak is savior, but it's clear to some of us that Garrett should have been shown the door long ago. I wouldn't be trashing Bills and Browns fans either, because there are plenty of clueless Cowboy fans.

Personally I would ax both of them.
For those who believe a new coach will make Dak a franchise quality QB that ain't happening as QB are born not made.
Year 5 coming up and is it a coincidence we still haven't beaten a team with a winning record. Dak has not improved all his flaws and fleas are still there!
Dak is an average to below-average QB who can only excel against garbage teams or garbage time!
We deserve better on both fronts!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
For those who believe a new coach will make Dak a franchise quality QB that ain't happening as QB are born not made.
Year 5 coming up and is it a coincidence we still haven't beaten a team with a winning record. Dak has not improved all his flaws and fleas are still there!
Dak is an average to below-average QB who can only excel against garbage teams or garbage time!

Rage! Rage against the dying of the light!

Or piss into the wind...

Same either way, when you're a fan of a professional team.

Polkton31

Reaction score

Did I miss his new deal?
And unless you're Dak-Blind its pretty evident he has massive problems against teams with good defenses.

P.S. Unless its Garbage time.

Different day... same broke ***, worn out narrative. I did notice that you added Erod's garbage time argument though. Nice touch. And people said you couldn't teach an old troll new tricks.

By the way, Dak is leading the NFL in passing yards this season. If he throws for 212 this next game, he'll be over 4000 yards with 3 games left. If he averages 303 yards over the final 4 games, he'll break 5000 yards for the season. On top of that, Cooper has 971 yards receiving, with an average of 15.2 yards per reception. Gallup has 796 yards receiving, with an average of 16.2 yards per reception. Cobb has 634 yards receiving, with an average of 15.1 yards per reception. Cooper will break 1000, Gallup likely will also. Cobb will likely be around 800 or so.

Not bad for an average bus driver who can only get yards in garbage time.

Polkton31

Reaction score

1ouw96.gif

You've said some pretty stupid things... but that takes the cake.

shabazz

Reaction score
What are they going to do if they let Prescott walk? Trade up and sacrifice this draft when they need a lot more than a QB. We don't even know which of the players up after this season will be retained or let walk necessitating draft effect or FA.

In hiring a new HC, I doubt Booger does not have making Prescott a Tier 1 QB as requirement 1 of the job. Unless he hires someone who's opinion he respects and will honor if he tells Booger that Prescott is as good as he's going to get and either accept that or start over.

I do not think Garrett was instrumental in picking Prescott or on board with keeping him in when Romo got healthy. I don't think Linehan was either and one of the reasons he is gone and Prescott's choice, Moore, is in.

Any HC considered a QB guru is going to be in demand in WAS and NYG as they need that as well. There aren't that many cats around with that pedigree.

One thing I would consider doing if I drafted Joe Burrow, bring Joe Brady in as OC.

I understand what you are saying Coach, but as far as letting Dak go, the Bills let go of Tyrod Taylor and look at the dividends Josh Allen is paying. I’d rather that a new coach gets Dakota over the hump of not beating top defenses but sometimes changing quarterbacks is the answer.

shabazz

Reaction score
This board would be a much better place if people would just stop engaging these types of posters.

Would you be fine with a homogeneous groupthink forum where there wasn’t a diversity of thought and opinion? If so, that’s fine as that would be your opinion and should be respected just as Pappys should be.

I read one of Dakotas fan boys actually tell a fellow poster to “ kill himself” because he didn’t like a posters opinion. Tolerance of opinion goes a long way toward civility

Qcard

Reaction score

Previously, March 2018 to be exact @PAPPYDOG gave us this wonderful Dallas QB1 advise....

PAPPYDOG said:
Cousins is a Vike ......hey Jerry move it man and sign one of the following ASAP....either Bradford,Bridgewater or Keenum, as Dak could continue to verify his liabilities at QB...
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/sign-one-of-the-vikes-qb.398226/

What is Bradford, Bridgewater and Keenum's record against teams with winning records?

The internet lives forever..we"ll revisit this thread in 2020...ok?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Another version? Looks like the same old @PAPPYDOG schtick to me.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Would you be fine with a homogeneous groupthink forum where there wasn’t a diversity of thought and opinion? If so, that’s fine as that would be your opinion and should be respected just as Pappys should be.

I read one of Dakotas fan boys actually tell a fellow poster to “ kill himself” because he didn’t like a posters opinion. Tolerance of opinion goes a long way toward civility

No man, just not an endless series of posts that are silly at best and flat at trolling at worst.