Anti-soccer blog post

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
http://i846.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab23/SirHypnotoad/Cowboys/2010/hatersgonnahate.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Used to hate Soccer, gave it a chance, learned what I was watching, now I love the sport. Its awesome.

Before I couldn't see all the strategy involved. I just saw guys kicking a ball.

I would be right there with all the soccer haters had I not learned the sport.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;3435733 said:
You need to pay closer attention. He claimed I couldn't play soccer with a group of players and come out of it with self esteem. In fact he basically postulated that I would die because I am a big guy at 6'0" and 285 pounds.

I countered that with an invitation for him to come play tackle football with me and see if he can survive a game I am built to play.

Is the fog clearing now?

are you still having a Hostilian hissy fit over that?

ethiostar

Reaction score
CATCH17;3436144 said:
Used to hate Soccer, gave it a chance, learned what I was watching, now I love the sport. Its awesome.

Before I couldn't see all the strategy involved. I just saw guys kicking a ball.

I would be right there with all the soccer haters had I not learned the sport.

That was exactly how i felt about American football 22 years ago. I couldn't stand it, i thought it was barbaric and stupid. The more i let myself learn about the game and the X's and O's, i learned to appreciate it and now you can't remove me from the TV on sundays with a crow bar. On the other hand, i have friends who felt the same way about the game then and they still do, no matter how much they get exposed to it and regardless of how much i try to teach them about the intricacies of the game.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
ethiostar;3436191 said:
That was exactly how i felt about American football 22 years ago. I couldn't stand it, i thought it was barbaric and stupid. The more i let myself learn about the game and the X's and O's, i learned to appreciate it and now you can't remove me from the TV on sundays with a crow bar. On the other hand, i have friends who felt the same way about the game then and they still do, no matter how much they get exposed to it and regardless of how much i try to teach them about the intricacies of the game.

American Football is Barbaric that is part of the appeal football is basically a mini war after every snap. That is it's appeal in the Sports world.

Hell I have watched curling matches and been more entertained than Soccer games. I know more about soccer than curling but I still found the curling more entertaining.

It is what it is a game a lot of people love and I can not stand boring snooze fest. I always hated when we had to play it in PE or we use to play at sometimes at lunch I always tried to get it changed to smear the queer was way way better and I loved being the small kid dragging about 4 bigger guys around yea I was the crazy kid :D

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
S. African killed by wife, kids in TV spat
Email Print
Associated Press
JOHANNESBURG -- Police say a South African man who wanted to watch a World Cup match instead of a religious program was beaten to death by his family in the northeastern part of the country.

David Makoeya, a 61-year-old man from the small village of Makweya, Limpopo province, fought with his wife and two children for the remote control on Sunday because he wanted to watch Germany play Australia in the World Cup. The others, however, wanted to watch a gospel show.

"He said, 'No, I want to watch soccer,'" police spokesman Mothemane Malefo said Thursday. "That is when the argument came about.

"In that argument, they started assaulting him."

Malefo said Makoeya got up to change the channel by hand after being refused the remote control and was attacked by his 68-year-old wife Francina and two children, 36-year-old son Collin and 23-year-old daughter Lebogang.

Malefo said he was not sure what the family used to kill Makoeya.

"It appears they banged his head against the wall," Malefo said. "They phoned the police only after he was badly injured, but by the time the police arrived the man was already dead."

All three were arrested Sunday night, but Lebogang was released on $200 bail Tuesday, Malefo said. The other two are still being held in custody.

Malefo said the mother and son will reappear in the local Seshego Magistrates Court on July 27.

"He was always a happy man, never violent," Makoeya's nieces, Miriam and Anna, told the Daily Sun newspaper. "On Saturday, we saw him the last time at a funeral."

The World Cup, being played in Africa for the first time, started Friday and runs through July 11.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-...ging-tv-germany-australia-game?cc=5901&ver=us

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3436184 said:
are you still having a Hostilian hissy fit over that?
I love this post. I love every word of it. I love the imagery. You have never made me happier.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
for yall that hate it, suck for you. i have been enjoyin it, and will enjoy the highest level of world competition as you bore through this summer.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
When I was younger I gave Soccer **** but its not so bar now. It gets respect from me. Im watching the US games

Soccer > Nascar

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3436359 said:
S. African killed by wife, kids in TV spat
Email Print
Associated Press
JOHANNESBURG -- Police say a South African man who wanted to watch a World Cup match instead of a religious program was beaten to death by his family in the northeastern part of the country.

David Makoeya, a 61-year-old man from the small village of Makweya, Limpopo province, fought with his wife and two children for the remote control on Sunday because he wanted to watch Germany play Australia in the World Cup. The others, however, wanted to watch a gospel show.

"He said, 'No, I want to watch soccer,'" police spokesman Mothemane Malefo said Thursday. "That is when the argument came about.

"In that argument, they started assaulting him."

Malefo said Makoeya got up to change the channel by hand after being refused the remote control and was attacked by his 68-year-old wife Francina and two children, 36-year-old son Collin and 23-year-old daughter Lebogang.

Malefo said he was not sure what the family used to kill Makoeya.

"It appears they banged his head against the wall," Malefo said. "They phoned the police only after he was badly injured, but by the time the police arrived the man was already dead."

All three were arrested Sunday night, but Lebogang was released on $200 bail Tuesday, Malefo said. The other two are still being held in custody.

Malefo said the mother and son will reappear in the local Seshego Magistrates Court on July 27.

"He was always a happy man, never violent," Makoeya's nieces, Miriam and Anna, told the Daily Sun newspaper. "On Saturday, we saw him the last time at a funeral."

The World Cup, being played in Africa for the first time, started Friday and runs through July 11.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-...ging-tv-germany-australia-game?cc=5901&ver=us
not really a dig on soccer more a dig on the crazy family members going overboard with there "beliefs".

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Rampage;3436640 said:
not really a dig on soccer more a dig on the crazy family members going overboard with there "beliefs".

Yeah. There are times when a second TV comes in handy.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
sm0kie13;3436425 said:
for yall that hate it, suck for you. i have been enjoyin it, and will enjoy the highest level of world competition as you bore through this summer.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

LOL I am about to go on a Colorado trip (Scout Leader) outdoors for a week and get to go white water rafting. I always wanted to do white water rafting. Lets see while you are at home sitting on your arse watching a crappy soccer game I will be having fun at 9000 feet above sea level.

Yea I think you have the more boring summer

rkell87

Reaction score
Cythim;3434412 said:
Why are the Cowboys the most popular team in the most popular sport in America? Oh, it must be because they appeal to the lowest common denominator.
actually yeah

rkell87

Reaction score
Cythim;3434471 said:
You named two dimensions. FAIL.

If the game were based on luck it would be impossible to win with any kind of consistancy. If you want to look back at the history of the best clubs and international teams you will find they consistantly win. It is possible to luck into a goal (US vs England) the way David Tyree lucked into his Super Bowl winning catch but most goals require the skill seen in Santonio Holmes' Super Bowl winning touchdown.

This is just nitpicking. In the football they run down the clock and baseball intentionally walks batters while basketball has deliberate fouls. It is just a part of the culture of the game.

Our best athletes do not match up with the best athletes from the other countries. We are currently ranked 14th in the world amongst countries with a much smaller population. Brazil is the biggest with 2/3rds our population while the average population of the 13 teams in front of us is 1/5th the size of our own.

Ties are actually disappointing for most teams. An underdog (USA vs England) will be glad to come away with a tie when they are supposed to lose but for the superior team the tie is just as bad as a loss. Ties happen in just about every sport (just ask the Eagles) so this arguement really isn't that good.

This statement is blantantly biased and wrong. Soccer players are all of those things, and moreso than baseball players and atleast half of all football players. You can watch a game for five minutes and figure this out.

david tyree did not have a super bowl winning catch