Anti-soccer blog post

ethiostar

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3442707 said:
Shouldn't you avoid the anti-soccer post instead? :laugh2:

Why are some having so much problem with an anti soccer thread you guys act like we must like it because everyone else in the world likes it. There is another thread that is pro world cup why come in here and rag on those who do not care for soccer?

That is one thing that isn't discussed thoroughly. While most people in most countries do watch, like and love soccer, there are plenty who do not like it as much as (or even dislike it) the rest of the population in their own countries for a variety of reasons. Just like there are people in the US who do not care for football or baseball or basketball or hockey, etc...

Outside of the fact that some spew some disparaging remarks about why soccer is popular outside of the US, i don't see why anyone would care or less about why others don't like the game.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;3442820 said:
I've never met a NASCAR fan who acted like soccer fans do. If you have, I don't know what to say. You're one up on me.

The south is notorious for racism

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3442842 said:
The south is notorious for racism
I lived in the South for a couple of years and I've not seen anything that was more racist than any other part of the country. Racists are idiots. Not all NASCAR fans are from the south. Not all NASCAR fans are racists.

Oh, and please don't tell me soccer fans are not racist. I have seen the video of them making monkey sounds when Black players are introduced.

Swing and miss.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ethiostar;3442823 said:
That is one thing that isn't discussed thoroughly. While most people in most countries do watch, like and love soccer, there are plenty who do not like it as much as (or even dislike it) the rest of the population in their own countries for a variety of reasons. Just like there are people in the US who do not care for football or baseball or basketball or hockey, etc...

Outside of the fact that some spew some disparaging remarks about why soccer is popular outside of the US, i don't see why anyone would care or less about why others don't like the game.

I actually do not hate the game I think it is long and boring. The WC I do think is special but then any sporting event that puts countries competing against one another is exciting. Problem is once the games are over it is still a boring game. I think hockey is a fine sport but the normal games played with in a season did not have the same electricity as the Olympic game especially the matchup of Canada vs. the US even non hockey fans got into that but when it was over the same enthusiasm is just not there.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;3442851 said:
I lived in the South for a couple of years and I've not seen anything that was more racist than any other part of the country. Racists are idiots. Not all NASCAR fans are from the south. Not all NASCAR fans are racists.

Oh, and please don't tell me soccer fans are not racist. I have seen the video of them making monkey sounds when Black players are introduced.

Swing and miss.

Yea theres racists everywhere. Show me the place where theres not and Ill move there. But the south is king of racism and nascar.

Not all NASCAR fans are from the south. Not all NASCAR fans are racists.

Right. And not ALL soccer fans are ******y. Only like 80%.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3442851 said:

Swing and miss.

Not to mention the sound of gas "hissing" to taunt Israeli players. Classy, no?

rkell87

Reaction score
I'm with hos, Ive played, Ive watched, i understand the strategy and skills needed. it is still dull.

oh the goals COUNT. i say what goals? Ive seen so many 0-0, oh excuse me... nil-nil games. run around a field for 90 minutes, for what? nothing. they cant even agree on the size the field, excuse me, pitch should be. really shouldn't they be standardized? run, kick, flop yeah thats gonna get me to like the sport people being the worst fakers ever for bumping into each other when my favorite sport has big dudes hitting bigger dudes as hard as they can.

its easy. soccer, to me, is boring. doesn't hold my interest what so ever. the soccer fans say i just don't have an appreciation for the beauty, the grace, the pageantry of the sport. yep. sorry sports shouldn't have pageantry IMO. when someone tells a baseball fan they think baseball is boring and hate the sport the fan doesn't throw a hissy fit about it like soccer fans do. that is most likely the biggest turn off, the fans that think your an idiot for not liking the sport they love.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;3442860 said:
Not to mention the sound of gas "hissing" to taunt Israeli players. Classy, no?
I was blissfully unaware of this until now.

If true, and I'm sure it probably is, then coupled with the monkey sounds it makes the soccer world far more racist than the South I would say.

I wonder, will the soccer fans acknowledge that or keep their heads in the sand hoping it goes away?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3442857 said:
Yea theres racists everywhere. Show me the place where theres not and Ill move there. But the south is king of racism and nascar.

Right. And not ALL soccer fans are ******y. Only like 80%.
No comment about the monkey sounds while still pointing fingers at the South?

How odd.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
These people remind me of soccer fans. :laugh2:

[youtube]lRtUv97YFco&feature[/youtube]

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hos + soccer = Hostile in his form.

Only thing more entertaining is him ripping on stupid Commander fans who don't think their mascot is racist.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3442938 said:
Hos + soccer = Hostile in his form.

Only thing more entertaining is him ripping on stupid Commander fans who don't think their mascot is racist.
Aw shucks.

~toe in sand~

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hostile;3442885 said:
No comment about the monkey sounds while still pointing fingers at the South?

How odd.

What do you want me to say? People have been racist forever and its prevalent in every aspect of society. Not surprising there have been ugly incidents w/ these idiots that think its more than a game. Similar to the Phillies fan that intentionally threw up on a little girl last month.

But the south is notorious for racism, low intelligence, and loving nascar. Its just science.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
rkell87;3442877 said:
I'm with hos, Ive played, Ive watched, i understand the strategy and skills needed. it is still dull.

oh the goals COUNT. i say what goals? Ive seen so many 0-0, oh excuse me... nil-nil games. run around a field for 90 minutes, for what? nothing. they cant even agree on the size the field, excuse me, pitch should be. really shouldn't they be standardized? run, kick, flop yeah thats gonna get me to like the hobby people being the worst fakers ever for bumping into each other when my favorite sport has big dudes hitting bigger dudes as hard as they can.

its easy. soccer, to me, is boring. doesn't hold my interest what so ever. the soccer fans say i just don't have an appreciation for the beauty, the grace, the pageantry of the hobby. yep. sorry hobbys shouldn't have pageantry IMO. when someone tells a baseball fan they think baseball is boring and hate the hobby the fan doesn't throw a hissy fit about it like soccer fans do. that is most likely the biggest turn off, the fans that think your an idiot for not liking the hobby they love.

Fixed :D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
the "sports" zone is in shambles right now with all this talk about soccer,tennis,golf,nascar, and swimming.................swimming. I'm going to make an MMA thread.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3442940 said:
But the south is notorious for racism, low intelligence, and loving nascar. Its just science.

And to think I got grief for using the word "proletarian."

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3442946 said:
:eek:

Not the card for a nascar fan to play

Soccer guys are ******* is definitely the card

Atleast Nascar is somewhat entertaining, Soccer is just plain ol' boring too its just kicking.