Anti-soccer blog post

ethiostar

Reaction score
vta;3443666 said:
Well... when citing a list of marks against a thing, a designation present certainly reads as a denigration. The word was used as a negative to explain a particular dislike. In light of accusing someone of being an elitist, it's a pretty poor choice of wording.

bbgun;3443729 said:
Sigh. Soccer appeals to the masses, from the rich, modernized countries in the West to Third World ****holes like Ghana, which is fine. What makes it suspect in US eyes is that pipsqueak countries regularly stand toe-to-toe with international powerhouses. In short, too much randomness is involved. In the NFL, "parity" and "cap" are considered dirty words for similar reasons. It should have been immediately obvious that I used "proletarian" as a pejorative to describe the game, not necessarily the people who follow it. In the meantime, I'll try to figure out how someone so obstinate could be appointed the moderator of a political forum. Boggles the mind.

:confused:

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
bbgun;3443729 said:
Sigh. Soccer appeals to the masses, from the rich, modernized countries in the West to Third World ****holes like Ghana, which is fine. What makes it suspect in US eyes is that pipsqueak countries regularly stand toe-to-toe with international powerhouses. In short, too much randomness is involved. In the NFL, "parity" and "cap" are considered dirty words for similar reasons. It should have been immediately obvious that I used "proletarian" as a pejorative to describe the game, not necessarily the people who follow it. In the meantime, I'll try to figure out how someone so obstinate could be appointed the moderator of a political forum. Boggles the mind.

I imagine it's a lonely world where being evasive and dishonest is synonymous with reason.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Now we gotten off topic Soccer still sucks there we go back on topic.

I am so glad I will be cut of from the world starting tomorrow evening for a week. That way i do not have to see all the World Cup hype

rkell87

Reaction score
so usa lost from what i hear, while i didnt root for them to lose, i hope now that they lost some of this soccer coverage and bandwagoning will die down

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Any sport in which the best players from Ghana can beat the best players from the US is a crap sport.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3444330 said:
Any sport in which the best players from Ghana can beat the best players from the US is a crap sport.

Ah, but it's all they play.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
theogt;3444330 said:
LMAO! I work with a few guys from Ghana so I'm sure they'll be ecstatic when we go back to work! I told them I could care less if they win because it's freakin' SOCCER...who cares?!! I'll be impressed when they beat us in basketball in the World Championships or the Olympics...:)

juck

Reaction score
rkell87;3444343 said:
im sure soccer is the only sport the american players play as well
Its all the whole country plays silly.lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
OK watched the entire US game, what is it with all the fake injuries? Come on I have not seen that many fakes injuries since I watched a WWF match. You have a guy carried off on a stretcher and then he standing up and later back in the game? Are you kidding me, what is this the little girl league? It is hard to take seriously a game with this type of BS taking place.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3445077 said:
OK watched the entire US game, what is it with all the fake injuries? Come on I have not seen that many fakes injuries since I watched a WWF match. You have a guy carried off on a stretcher and then he standing up and later back in the game? Are you kidding me, what is this the little girl league? It is hard to take seriously a game with this type of BS taking place.

You see that one dude fake an injury twice? He had to be carried off the field the second time on a stretcher. The second he was off the field he was standing up and jumping and ready to re-enter the game.

Soccer is as bad as the freaking NBA when it comes to tainted games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;3445091 said:
You see that one dude fake an injury twice? He had to be carried off the field the second time on a stretcher. The second he was off the field he was standing up and jumping and ready to re-enter the game.

Soccer is as bad as the freaking NBA when it comes to tainted games.

Yeah I busted out laughing when I saw that. These guys fall down at the drop of the hat, a gust of wind blows and some one is injured. :lmao2:

Evidently the hardcore soccer fan has no problem with this but there is nothing hardcore about the game. I do think there are some very good athletes out there but enough with the fake injuries.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3445077 said:

That is one thing i can not stand about this game. Christiano Ronaldo has all the skills in the world but he drives me bananas with his flapping. :mad:

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
I can't believe NFL fans are okay with teams kneeling to run the clock down or throwing/running out of bounds to stop the clock. It is a shame this is not considered cheating.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cythim;3445258 said:
I can't believe NFL fans are okay with teams kneeling to run the clock down or throwing/running out of bounds to stop the clock. It is a shame this is not considered cheating.

It's fair use of the games rules. Time management is extremely important in football. Faking an injury to burn time is a show of poor character. It's happen in the NFL too (to stop the clock) and it's still poor character.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
xsoccer.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cythim;3445258 said:
What a completely ignorant comment. It is irrelevant to the purpose of the thread in the first place. Second it shows a complete lack of grasp for the game of football and the strategy of using the clock and downs and distance.

Cheating? Pathetic comment.