Anti-soccer blog post

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
i would say racism is a social problem and not the fault of a sport but if you want to lay it at the door of soccer and say that all fans are racist then thats up to you i guess. also if you don't like the sport because spain fans make monkey noises at black players then does that mean you like it because of the fans of st. pauli? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fc_st_pauli#Supporters

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hostile;3446590 said:
It is without a doubt, the most racist sport in the world because of the fans.

They make monkey sounds when Black players have the ball. According to some they hiss when Jewish players have the ball; a reference no doubt to the gas chambers. **** flags are displayed and all kinds of other utterly grotesque displays of outright racism.

peplaw06;3446620 said:
Is it the sport that is racist? Or the fans?

There are elements of racism in football too.

I went to a basketball game when I was in high school at a rival town, and there was a noose in the rafters. The fans on the other side liked to get the attention of our black players/fans, and point to the rafters. Does that mean I should hate basketball?
See above from the post you quoted.

The next paragraph explains it further. Clearly I am talking about the fans. I hate the sport because of the fans of the sport.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
daschoo;3446640 said:
i would say racism is a social problem and not the fault of a sport but if you want to lay it at the door of soccer and say that all fans are racist then thats up to you i guess. also if you don't like the sport because spain fans make monkey noises at black players then does that mean you like it because of the fans of st. pauli? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fc_st_pauli#Supporters
I applaud those fans, but know it will not make me like the sport. That question wasn't even worth asking. My daughter could be engaged to the greatest player of all time and he could buy me a new sports car of my choice every year and I still wouldn't like the sport.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him. I'm not stupid.

rkell87

Reaction score
daschoo;3446640 said:
nobody has said all fans are racist, and yes it is a social problem but it is at soccer matches and done by the fans and fans are part of the sport, and it is not just spain that takes part in the racism. and its not just racism that i dislike about soccer fans its that fans will distroy THEIR OWN CITY after a big win OR a big loss, it really makes no sense and opposing fans will do the same thing and thats just trashy to destroy someone elses city.

ethiostar

Reaction score
rkell87;3446649 said:
nobody has said all fans are racist, and yes it is a social problem but it is at soccer matches and done by the fans and fans are part of the sport, and it is not just spain that takes part in the racism. and its not just racism that i dislike about soccer fans its that fans will distroy THEIR OWN CITY after a big win OR a big loss, it really makes no sense and opposing fans will do the same thing and thats just trashy to destroy someone elses city.

You mean like these folks over here

[youtube]RbvbKuMSsBk[/youtube]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/04/maryland-basketball-riots_n_485697.html

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/16241177/

http://www.citizentube.com/2010/06/lakers-fans-riot-set-taxi-on-fire.html

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
waterboy01.jpg

♫ Soc-cer sucks. It really, really sucks. ♫

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Hostile;3446643 said:
See above from the post you quoted.

The next paragraph explains it further. Clearly I am talking about the fans. I hate the sport because of the fans of the sport.
So you hate a sport because of the actions of a portion of the fans?

Where do you draw the line? How about when fans throw things on the field of play or cheer when players get injured, or when fans actually go onto the field and assault a coach?

Look, you can hate the sport all you want, I really don't care. But hate the sport for the sport and not the actions of the fans... that's a copout. The fans are not the sport.

I've said it before, I know why you hate soccer. It's because you essentially have 22 kickers on the field. Just leave it at that and be done with it. I don't see why you feel the need to rip on the sport because of the fans. It doesn't seem relevant to the merits of the sport.

Coy

Reaction score
Hostile;3446513 said:
The racism in soccer is really the most galling thing about it to me. It is why I will never appreciate the game. I said early in this thread, the soccer fans make me hate it more than anything else.

I hate the flopping, but it pales in comparison to the racism, which I simply cannot stomach.

You are totally right about that and it’s disgusting but do keep in mind that there are over 3 Billion soccer fans, so basically we are talking about half the world’s population, you will obviously find all sorts of different people and unfortunately the ones that do this kinds of things are the ones that stand out but rest assured that most common soccer fans are like you or me following the Cowboys.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_most_popular_sport_in_the_world

Fans
1) Football: 3.3-3.5 billion fans (Europe, Africa, Asia, Americas, etc.)
2) Cricket: 2-3 billion fans (India, UK, Pakistan, Asia, Australia, etc.)
3) Field hockey: 2-2.2 billion fans (Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia)
4) Tennis: Around 1 billion fans (Europe, Americas, Asia)
5) Volleyball: Around 900 million fans (Asia, Europe, Americas, Australia)
6) Table tennis: Around 900 million fans (Asia, Europe, Africa, Americas)
7) Baseball: Around 500 million fans (US, Japan, Cuba, Dominican Republic)
8) Golf: Around 400 million fans (US, Canada, Europe)
9) Gridiron (American football): 390-410 million fans (US mainly)
10) Basketball: Not more than 400 million fans (US, Canada mainly)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
peplaw06;3446685 said:
So you hate a sport because of the actions of a portion of the fans?

Where do you draw the line? How about when fans throw things on the field of play or cheer when players get injured, or when fans actually go onto the field and assault a coach?

Look, you can hate the sport all you want, I really don't care. But hate the sport for the sport and not the actions of the fans... that's a copout. The fans are not the sport.

I've said it before, I know why you hate soccer. It's because you essentially have 22 kickers on the field. Just leave it at that and be done with it. I don't see why you feel the need to rip on the sport because of the fans. It doesn't seem relevant to the merits of the sport.
No, that is the MAIN reason why I hate the sport. I have also mentioned the flopping. I don't think the fans are flopping. Maybe they are. I think it is a boring game. I think it is basically just a lot of jogging most of the time. I find it ridiculous that some highlights are missed shots. I know the game. I understand the game. I played the game. I just do not like the game.

I will say it again, the MAIN reason is the fans. It bothers me to no end that they have the most popular sport on the planet and that isn't good enough for them. They want everyone to love their "beautiful game" and anyone who doesn't is insulted to no end. When you add the racist actions of a large percentage of them it just pushes me to where the fans are the biggest, or MAIN, reason why I do not like the game.

It is no different for me than someone saying they hate the Eagles more than the Commanders because of their fans. No different.

I find soccer fans to be uptight, boorish jerks far too often to ever enjoy the game. I hate racism with a passion. It is why I hate the Commanders more than the Eagles or Giants. I could never have played with the Commanders for any amount of money. If I had made it to the NFL I would have informed the Commanders not to draft me.

The difference is with the Commanders the team was racist not the fans. In soccer the fans are racist, not the teams. I hate it. I can't stand them because of it. Their elitist attitude on top of that pushes my buttons to no end.

Yes, my hatred of Kickers factors in as well. But if they played with their hands and still acted the way they do it would not matter to me.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Hostile;3446779 said:
No, that is the MAIN reason why I hate the sport. I have also mentioned the flopping. I don't think the fans are flopping. Maybe they are. I think it is a boring game. I think it is basically just a lot of jogging most of the time. I find it ridiculous that some highlights are missed shots. I know the game. I understand the game. I played the game. I just do not like the game.
No issues with anything here. These are legitimate reasons to not like the sport... but these reasons are on the actual merits of the sport.

I will say it again, the MAIN reason is the fans. It bothers me to no end that they have the most popular sport on the planet and that isn't good enough for them. They want everyone to love their "beautiful game" and anyone who doesn't is insulted to no end. When you add the racist actions of a large percentage of them it just pushes me to where the fans are the biggest, or MAIN, reason why I do not like the game.
I don't know how you quantify how many or what percentage of soccer fans act that way.

It is no different for me than someone saying they hate the Eagles more than the Commanders because of their fans. No different.
It is different because you still love football despite the actions of that faction of fans. You're hating a team rather than an entire sport. If you hated the teams who had racist fans, then there would be no difference.

I find soccer fans to be uptight, boorish jerks far too often to ever enjoy the game. I hate racism with a passion. It is why I hate the Commanders more than the Eagles or Giants. I could never have played with the Commanders for any amount of money. If I had made it to the NFL I would have informed the Commanders not to draft me.

The difference is with the Commanders the team was racist not the fans. In soccer the fans are racist, not the teams. I hate it. I can't stand them because of it. Their elitist attitude on top of that pushes my buttons to no end.
I think having racist teams would be more contemptible than having racist fans. The fans aren't a part of the league.

Yes, my hatred of Kickers factors in as well. But if they played with their hands and still acted the way they do it would not matter to me.
:laugh2:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;3446954 said:
This thread is giving me "metric system" flashbacks. shudder

I am going to hit you with a metre stick.

Hos, I understand your point but come on, football fan is not any classier.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
peplaw06;3446917 said:
No issues with anything here. These are legitimate reasons to not like the sport... but these reasons are on the actual merits of the sport.

I don't know how you quantify how many or what percentage of soccer fans act that way.
I don't know that I feel the need to quantify it. I detest it because it exists and is an abhorrent practice. I don't place a % on it. Why would I?

It is different because you still love football despite the actions of that faction of fans. You're hating a team rather than an entire sport. If you hated the teams who had racist fans, then there would be no difference.
You're putting me with those fans though. Read it again. I understand some people who say they hate the Eagles more because of how their fans are. I understand it. That does not mean I am that way. I hate the Commanders more.

I hate soccer period. Their fans just amplify the hate for me.

I think having racist teams would be more contemptible than having racist fans. The fans aren't a part of the league.
I don't disagree. I am not trying to be flippant here, but I mean it when I say I would not have played for the Commanders. If they changed the mascot name to a non racist name it would change the parameters. I would think they were progressing and my desire to play would have overridden my distaste for their past History. Right now I see the team as clinging to its racist roots by keeping that mascot name.

Thus, I hate them more than any other NFL team, and that will never change.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3446963 said:
I am going to hit you with a metre stick.

Hos, I understand your point but come on, football fan is not any classier.
Oh, I admit, I am dying to hear you explain that crappola. Wow me with your intelligence on how football and its fans are as utterly obnoxious as soccer fans making gas chamber sounds when playing Israel or monkey sounds when Black players play. Or are you simply talking out of your *** as usual?