Anti-soccer blog post

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MartinRamone;3449064 said:
A hint for you... i wasnt talking about the players, i was talking about the fans.

And yes, football has racist fans but most of us arent.
Hint for you...when you first say "(soccer) fans arent racist" and then you say "i didnt say football fans arent racist" you have completely contradicted yourself and you will get called on it.

I have never talked about the players being racist either. I have squarely put that on some of, but not all of, the fans.

MartinRamone

Reaction score
Hostile;3449081 said:
Hint for you...when you first say "(soccer) fans arent racist" and then you say "i didnt say football fans arent racist" you have completely contradicted yourself and you will get called on it.

I have never talked about the players being racist either. I have squarely put that on some of, but not all of, the fans.

Lol dude, whatever. You talked about the players playing for money instead of passion when i was talking about the fans behavior.
And yeah, you are right, we must hate football because some fans are racist inside and outside the stadium.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MartinRamone;3449089 said:
Lol dude, whatever. You talked about the players playing for money instead of passion when i was talking about the fans behavior.
And yeah, you are right, we must hate football because some fans are racist inside and outside the stadium.
I know I am, but that isn't why I hate the sport. It is merely one of the reasons why. There are plenty of others.

No, you talked about the passion of Europe and South America versus the greed of North America and I shot that crap full of holes.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
got to agree with martinramone. football fans aren't racist, there are racists everywhere. to me that clearly states that the fans who are racist are not so simply because they are football fans rather they are racists who happen to also be football fans. the statement football fans are racist is no more accurate than americans are fat.
also the passion comment i took as meaning that we as fans tend to be more involved with our football club than north americans. maybe i'm guilty of the same kind of stereotyping i highlighted above but as a general rule it seems to be a day out to most americans. my own club for example were founded to help the poor irish immigrants in the east end of glasgow who were basically second class citizens because of their nationality and religion. the support tend to have left leaning political beliefs whereas our rivals largely draw their support from more right wing people who tend to be in support of the union. you can usually tell a lot more about a football fan from the team they support than you could given only the same information about a north american. the antifa network is basically a common name for supporters groups of various clubs who are against facism. as i say i may have taken what he was saying the wrong way but thats what i took from it not that he was saying the players play for the love of the game whereas americans are all about the money.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Do soccer fans ever get so dizzy that they throw up?

Spin, spin, spin.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Hostile;3449257 said:
Do soccer fans ever get so dizzy that they throw up?

Spin, spin, spin.

coming from the one who decides to highlight one sentence out of a post and take it completely out of context to support your own argument?

i also noticed you never did hazard a guess as to the numbers of people who to soccer matches every weekend worldwide in comparison to the number of incidents of racism that leads you to believe that "a large percentage" of fans are racist.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
daschoo;3449283 said:
coming from the one who decides to highlight one sentence out of a post and take it completely out of context to support your own argument?

i also noticed you never did hazard a guess as to the numbers of people who to soccer matches every weekend worldwide in comparison to the number of incidents of racism that leads you to believe that "a large percentage" of fans are racist.
I took nothing out of context. he made an absolute statement and then contradicted it.

Why would I care about a %. It galls me that it happens at all. Is 10% better than 50%? It isn't to me. To me it is simply abominable. The bottom line is, in the videos I have seen, you can tell that it is a lot of people doing it. Are you going to deny this?

MartinRamone

Reaction score
Just leave him alone, he wont understand the different better USA fans and the rest of us. Let him be a member of the small minority who dont like our sport.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MartinRamone;3449325 said:
Just leave him alone, he wont understand the different better USA fans and the rest of us. Let him be a member of the small minority who dont like our sport.
Thank you and God bless you. It doesn't seem like too much to ask to me.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
MartinRamone;3449325 said:

If you and the others had done that in the first place, a lot of this acrimony could have been avoided.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Hostile;3449309 said:
I took nothing out of context. he made an absolute statement and then contradicted it.

Why would I care about a %. It galls me that it happens at all. Is 10% better than 50%? It isn't to me. To me it is simply abominable. The bottom line is, in the videos I have seen, you can tell that it is a lot of people doing it. Are you going to deny this?

don't know but you were the one that brought it up. now when i question what information you used to arrive at that conclusion its irrelevant and you have the moral high ground because you find it abominable regardless of the numbers. and i'm the one thats spinning?

what was said was that soccer fans are not racist. people are racist. ie the reason these people are racist is not the sport they enjoy. if highlighting the first part of that statement and ignoring the second isn't taking it out of context then i dont know what is.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;3449366 said:
If you and the others had done that in the first place, a lot of this acrimony could have been avoided.
Amen. It was apparently too much to ask that we get to have a hate soccer thread. Pisses me off.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
bbgun;3449366 said:

i defended myself when i was more or less accused of being a racist

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Hostile;3449372 said:
Amen. It was apparently too much to ask that we get to have a hate soccer thread. Pisses me off.

hate a sport all you want. just don't be surprised if some people defend themselves from ridiculous mudslinging

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
daschoo;3449370 said:
don't know but you were the one that brought it up. now when i question what information you used to arrive at that conclusion its irrelevant and you have the moral high ground because you find it abominable regardless of the numbers. and i'm the one thats spinning?

what was said was that soccer fans are not racist. people are racist. ie the reason these people are racist is not the sport they enjoy. if highlighting the first part of that statement and ignoring the second isn't taking it out of context then i dont know what is.
Again, he made an absolute statement and then he contradicted it. It really isn't that hard.

I hate soccer. I hate the racist fans of the game especially. It really isn't that hard a concept to grasp.

I did not say all soccer fans are racist, so I have no friggin' idea why you, or any other soccer fan in this thread should get your panties in a wad. You all wanted to assign some kind of underhanded ideal to me, I won't sit still for it, and it pisses you guys off. I couldn't care less. Be pissed off at me.

Moral high ground? Damn right. I should be ashamed of that? Got news for you, hell no.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
daschoo;3449379 said:
i defended myself when i was more or less accused of being a racist
I didn't.

Nowhere are you going to find where I said "daschoo, the soccer fan, he's racist."

I said I hate the racist soccer fans and naturally soccer defenders had to get all in an uproar and say I meant them.

Bull. I meant exactly what I said, the racist fans. If you aren't one of them good on y, because I never meant you in the first place.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
daschoo;3449383 said:
hate a sport all you want. just don't be surprised if some people defend themselves from ridiculous mudslinging
You didn't defend yourself, because I didn't accuse you. If you defended anyone it was the entire soccer fandom. I gather however that you don't or won't defend the racists I condemned? If not, welcome to the moral high ground. Pull up a chair and enjoy the view.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3449392 said:
Again, he made an absolute statement and then he contradicted it. It really isn't that hard.

I hate soccer. I hate the racist fans of the game especially. It really isn't that hard a concept to grasp.

I did not say all soccer fans are racist, so I have no friggin' idea why you, or any other soccer fan in this thread should get your panties in a wad. You all wanted to assign some kind of underhanded ideal to me, I won't sit still for it, and it pisses you guys off. I couldn't care less. Be pissed off at me.

Moral high ground? Damn right. I should be ashamed of that? Got news for you, hell no.

I'm betting that those same racists would be racist regardless of what sport they root for. I don't know why you're holding it against soccer for the efforts of racists to use it as an avenue to display those feelings and thoughts.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3449402 said:
I'm betting that those same racists would be racist regardless of what sport they root for. I don't know why you're holding it against soccer for the efforts of racists to use it as an avenue to display those feelings and thoughts.
I'm not. I'm simply saying they are yet another reason why I hate the sport. Public displays of racism like that are abominable.