Anti-soccer blog post

erickb

Reaction score
let's wake this thread up!

I love soccer and football, played and watch both for most of my life.
Soccer players are hell tough and girls playing are usually HOT and Fit, take that football HA!

But for real, next time I am in Dallas, we can play soccer on Saturday and Football on Sunday (Use to that in the Army, fun times!)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
erickb;3449647 said:
let's wake this thread up!

I love soccer and football, played and watch both for most of my life.
Soccer players are hell tough and girls playing are usually HOT and Fit, take that football HA!

But for real, next time I am in Dallas, we can play soccer on Saturday and Football on Sunday (Use to that in the Army, fun times!)
3077146175_98779749b5.jpg

That's just one girl.

Check mate.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Here's another reason to hate soccer. The British deride Americans for using "soccer" instead of the holy "football". When it was they who 1st coined the term.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3449705 said:
Here's another reason to hate soccer. The British deride Americans for using "soccer" instead of the holy "football". When it was they who 1st coined the term.
Yeah, John Cleese isn't at all offensive towards America in this commentary. Not at all.

[youtube]2sD_8prYOxo[/youtube]

Bite me John.

It's funny you mention the word soccer is British in origin. I think it came from the word association. They wanted to call members of the association by a name they could recognize. In other words someone from the "association" was a "soccer." They chose that piece of the word and added the "cer" because they didn't want to use the first 3 letters of the word and add "es."

I would have been fine with that nickname.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
Having attended hundreds of football games in England from the late 60's through to the present day I have witnessed first hand racism at Football games. However I have to say whereas it was fairly commonplace in the 70's it is now very rare in the UK, in fact it is a criminal offence in football stadiums to chant racist comments.

Now I haven't watched any football in Italy & only the odd game in Spain, but from what I know the clubs there are far more closely linked to political movements, and where there are clubs who have extreme right wing fans, there are also clubs who have extreme left wing fans.

Now I would like to think that there is no sane person (whether a Football lover or hater) that would condone racism in any form, however we all know that with any sport with large numbers watching there will be people watching that fall into that category. What is important is that those of us that are decent people do not let them get away with that behaviour and do what we can to stop it.

Are there football fans that are racist, the answer has to be yes.
Are they in the majority, most definitely not.

Are there American football fans that are racist, again the answer has to be yes. However they are also in the minority.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
There was a picture posted of the Spanish Olympic basketball team all slanting their eyes. Apparently the womens team did it too. One of their players said he finds it "absurd" that this was seen as a racist gesture and not one of affection towards the Chinese.

So, the next time you want to tell a Chinese guy or girl that you have affection for them, pull your eyes back in the slant gesture. The good loving that will follow that simple affectionate gesture will make your day. Unless of course you do it by night.

:D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3449823 said:
There was a picture posted of the Spanish Olympic basketball team all slanting their eyes. Apparently the womens team did it too. One of their players said he finds it "absurd" that this was seen as a racist gesture and not one of affection towards the Chinese.

So, the next time you want to tell a Chinese guy or girl that you have affection for them, pull your eyes back in the slant gesture. The good loving that will follow that simple affectionate gesture will make your day. Unless of course you do it by night.

:D

And run into a ninja.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
rkell87;3449877 said:
they tell me ignorance is bliss

Fine. You win. I'll keep this in mind just in case I run into a ninja and he dares me to guess his ethnicity.

Thanks.

rkell87

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3449879 said:
Fine. You win. I'll keep this in mind just in case I run into a ninja and he dares me to guess his ethnicity.

Thanks.
your welcome, it might just save your life:laugh2:

erickb

Reaction score
Hostile;3449690 said:
3077146175_98779749b5.jpg

That's just one girl.

Check mate.

wow when die Cheerleaders start PLAYING football? My post said woman that PLAYED soccer not who stood on the sideline as eye candy, yes they are hot and fit but they are not playing in the sport in which they cheer for

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
erickb;3449934 said:
wow when die Cheerleaders start PLAYING football? My post said woman that PLAYED soccer not who stood on the sideline as eye candy, yes they are hot and fit but they are not playing in the sport in which they cheer for
They don't play football. They're just hotter than the women soccer players by a mile. Take that soccer. HA.

erickb

Reaction score
Oh Hostile, look up this name Heather Mitts and let me know what ya think:bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
erickb;3449942 said:
Oh Hostile, look up this name Heather Mitts and let me know what ya think:bow:
I know who Heather Mitts is. She is very attractive. I also think there are some very attractive lady golfers. Natalie Gulbis for example. Some very attractive lady tennis players, Maria Sharapova or Anna Kournikova for example. There's even a very pretty lady pole vaulter, Alison Stokke.

I would take a date with any of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders over any of them any day. Hell, I'd date a Cowboys Cheerleader over almost any Hollywood starlet too. Just my own personal taste.

erickb

Reaction score
Hostile;3449947 said:
I know who Heather Mitts is. She is very attractive. I also think there are some very attractive lady golfers. Natalie Gulbis for example. Some very attractive lady tennis players, Maria Sharapova or Anna Kournikova for example. There's even a very pretty lady pole vaulter, Alison Stokke.

I would take a date with any of the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders over any of them any day. Hell, I'd date a Cowboys Cheerleader over almost any Hollywood starlet too. Just my own personal taste.

Ok, just did not want you to think there where no hot woman soccer players, DCC are some of the best, we have Seahawks Cheerleaders come to my work all the time (Veterans Hospital) and they are nice but not Dallas nice!

should be noted I am from TX just live in the Seattle area now