Anti-soccer blog post

Doomsday101

Reaction score
juck;3433866 said:
I gotta say,not seeing a clock would impact a game tremendously. For example: You have a lead and u want to nurse it or still be aggressive. I mean it would suck not knowing how much time is there in general.

You are not suppose to know. :laugh2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
juck;3433852 said:
What if there is a stoppage during the stoppage time? i for one never understood the no clock thing either.

you mean like many women dont understand about the 10 second rule in basketball(where is that clock by the way?) or the play clock in football?

anyone who has ever played soccer has no issues with the clock.

you are told how long you have and the team that is behind is scrambling to score and the team defending is going to just boot the ball long and into the stands.

the ref controls the exact time but it isn't really that crucial because he won't stop play if you close unlike a football game being lost with a team at the one like Tennessee.

so you are the little woman of soccer fans... gratz!

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
honestly if you've ever played the sport you'd understand its not an issue. the half last 45 minutes, with a minute or so to go you are told how much stoppage time is going to be played.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3432418 said:
Well soccer must do something right, half the world or more is watching what is the 3rd biggest sporting event in the world, behind only the Summer and Winter Olympics.

So half the world is easily amused...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3432551 said:
At least in hockey you'll see a good fight...well one that isn't in the stands. :laugh2:

Be fair, Yeag; they only fight because there's no action on the "pitch"... so the fans are reduced to creating their own action...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3433958 said:
So half the world is easily amused...

He needs to look up the word "colonialism." There's a reason the Japanese play baseball, you know.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
juck;3433866 said:
I gotta say,not seeing a clock would impact a game tremendously. For example: You have a lead and u want to nurse it or still be aggressive. I mean it would suck not knowing how much time is there in general.

there are clocks in the stands so you know when the 45 is up and then with a minute left you know how much stoppage time is left,

unless you are autistic, you can figure it out

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3434065 said:
well you were a colony, why don't you play soccer too?

The Redcoats brought along a soccer ball? Interesting.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3433785 said:
I am sure the 4 billion watching the tournament would say you suck for being closed minded about their sport.

Something played by so many, including many in your country, can't be all bad.

It isn't my favourite sport but it certainly is no less boring than baseball.
Why in the world do you think I would care what they think? I will say what I think about the stupid sport and I don't care if it offends them.

tecolote

Reaction score
Here's what I don't get, with so many things to hate in this world (Hitler and such), why do some people spend so much time and energy hating a sport.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tecolote;3434205 said:
Here's what I don't get, with so many things to hate in this world (Hitler and such), why do some people spend so much time and energy hating a sport.
http://img715.*************/img715/2391/70b20993f64177a4.jpg

tecolote

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3434217 said:
http://img715.*************/img715/2391/70b20993f64177a4.jpg

Let me rephrase my post,

Here's what I don't get, with so many things to hate in this world (Hitler, Bob Sacamano and such), why do some people spend so much time and energy hating a sport.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tecolote;3434247 said:
Let me rephrase my post,

Here's what I don't get, with so many things to hate in this world (Hitler, Bob Sacamano and such), why do some people spend so much time and energy hating a sport.

touche'