Any Freemasons here?

timb2

Reaction score
The irony here flies right over your head.
That doesn't disprove anything I posted. Try again and focus on the topic not coming after me personally. You want to Troll you can go somewhere else then.

jwitten82

Reaction score
My Dad (RIP, Pops.) was a Freemason for around 30 years.

Anyway, he would frown when he saw other Mason's advertising their membership in the form of emblems or things like that on their vehicles or hats, etc.. When I asked him why, he just said that it's not something you really put out there. And on that note, they appear to have some form of sign/counter-sign they do with each other in public if they suspect another of being a Mason. We were at a grocery store and I heard my father saying some strange phrase to another man and that guy responded back with something out of the ordinary.

Years after I moved out and joined the Military, I'd visit our home in Texas once or twice a year. Every time I visited, my Dad would leave a copy of the Texas Freemason monthly on my desk in my old room. The first few times, I didn't get it. Apparently, he did this to my Older Brother as well when he visited. Then it hit me when I was in my late 20s what my Dad was planting. So I just asked him, "How do you become a Mason?". He said, "To be a Mason, you have to ask a Mason". That's all he said about that. My thought on that was like "Ooooookay...nevermind". Some time later on another visit, I asked him more questions and he stated that you had to believe in a God. I asked which one? He said it doesn't matter, you just have to believe in a Higher Power to be a Mason. Again, I'm thinking "Ooooookay". I do know that a lot of it has to do with Masonry and things like that. My Father was a really talented Carpenter, so I'm sure that being a Mason was something he could really relate with.

Well, my Dad was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) back in the Summer of 2006. When I was deployed in Iraq that Fall, I learned that he was no longer able to speak or even eat. It was sad to hear. He was still able to talk to me through email though, so we would email each other back and forth. Not making this up, but a popular book that was going around was the Divinci Code when I was there and I read that book in my tent before falling asleep every night. Needless to say, I just had to ask my Dad about the "Knight's Templar". He stopped emailing me back. Now, it could of been his ALS was getting worse (he passed away 11 months after diagnoses) or that he felt I was mocking him or that he thought it was all silly to converse about. Maybe he didn't see the email. I'm not trying to imply anything Woo-Woo about it. I just remember that was the last actual conversation I had with my Dad and it's still in my email box. I really wished I would've just said I loved him a bunch of times instead of whatever the hell my dumb 29 year-old self was probably yammering on about.

So anyway, sorry if you read this and thought it was going to be dripping in Illuminati stuff. Just a story about my Dad being a Mason. The Masons performed a ritual at his Funeral and it was the most amazing thing 10-15 minutes I've ever witnessed. I've been a part of a lot of Military Honors and such and they pale in comparison. It is one helluva send-off that that Brotherhood does for each other.
The Knights templar from what I know is part of freemasonry, Im actually an apprentice freemason, or I was. I never got to continue my teachings, I wish I could've, but life got in the way. But yes, there are sayings said to each to other to identify each other. I thought the initiation was pretty cool

gtb1943

Reaction score
That doesn't disprove anything I posted. Try again and focus on the topic not coming after me personally. You want to Troll you can go somewhere else then.
love how trolls claim they are the ones running things

Conspiracy theorists are truly the dumbest around

You flat earthers are good for a laugh though

timb2

Reaction score

Still you have nothing but trying to make it personal. I'm not feeding you Troll .

Hardline

Reaction score

I have nothing against conspiracy theorist. But I had to stop debating them because no matter how much you debunk them they just make the conspiracy theory go a little deeper.
Conspiracy theories are fun to talk about though.
I had one member private message me saying there are no Jews in Israel.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I have nothing against conspiracy theorist. But I had to stop debating them because no matter how much you debunk them they just make the conspiracy theory go a little deeper.
Conspiracy theories are fun to talk about though.
I had one member private message me saying there are no Jews in Israel.
That is not true on the private message. We were talking about the confusion people have between random people setting up an area on the current map that they call Israel, and land grants given to each of the 12 tribes of Israel (a people) from a higher authority.

Each tribe had their own specific piece of land, and they all lost it. The tribe of Judea (jews), had their little piece, not the grant for all 12 tribes. But they also lost it.

Which is why you have the migration over the world during the time each tribe lost their land, and the history it created.

Hardline

Reaction score
That is not true on the private message. We were talking about the confusion people have between random people setting up an area on the current map that they call Israel, and land grants given to each of the 12 tribes of Israel (a people) from a higher authority.

Each tribe had their own specific piece of land, and they all lost it. The tribe of Judea (jews), had their little piece, not the grant for all 12 tribes. But they also lost it.

Which is why you have the migration over the world during the time each tribe lost their land, and the history it created.
That is totally true. What I misunderstood is you were saying that there aren't a Jewish people which "Jew" is now a word encompassing an entire religion called Judaism that have no historical right to that land.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
That is totally true. What I misunderstood is you were saying that there aren't a Jewish people which "Jew" is now a word encompassing an entire religion called Judaism that have no historical right to that land.
At the current time, I believe the right to own any land is through peoples or nations own claim and defense, what they have bought and purchased, or what they have inherited. I do not believe anyone of the religion judaism or of any other religion has any claim to land besides the ways I mentioned.

T-RO

Reaction score
Best current definition of many conspiracy theories is something detrimental to those in power that is therefore shamed and discredited. I lose track of the countless "conspiracy theories" that have been validated. Obviously most conspiracy theories are just stilly.

Evolution was considered a conspiracy, as was Copernicus' work showing heliocentricity.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Best current definition of many conspiracy theories is something detrimental to those in power that is therefore shamed and discredited. I lose track of the countless "conspiracy theories" that have been validated. Obviously most conspiracy theories are just stilly.

Evolution was considered a conspiracy, as was Copernicus' work showing heliocentricity.
I am one of those people who think evolution and heliocentricism are conspiracies. I think the earth doesn't move

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Ask your friends to tell you the oaths and rituals they have taken and done. You won't get the truth. They might be ignornant and not know what stuff meant, but they have also taken oaths not to tell you.

If you look at the fight to keep free masonry out of the U.S. and the spread, it is hard to say it is "just a club". Washington led a parade in full masonry regalia, he has now ascended to immortality in the washington rotunda ceiling, where weird rituals/ceremonies take place when people die and other times

Here in the midwest, almost every town you come to has the welcome sign noting the presence of a lodge.
That's pretty much it. My grandfather was one, back in the day, all I remember was that he used to ride this mini bike in weird parades and raise money for kids.. Almost like a gang, but for like kids with cancer. There's definitely some hierarchy to it and some clownery.

Freemasons have always been good at this stuff, from what I can tell.

Last edited:

strollinruss

Reaction score
My Dad (RIP, Pops.) was a Freemason for around 30 years.

Anyway, he would frown when he saw other Mason's advertising their membership in the form of emblems or things like that on their vehicles or hats, etc.. When I asked him why, he just said that it's not something you really put out there. And on that note, they appear to have some form of sign/counter-sign they do with each other in public if they suspect another of being a Mason. We were at a grocery store and I heard my father saying some strange phrase to another man and that guy responded back with something out of the ordinary.

Years after I moved out and joined the Military, I'd visit our home in Texas once or twice a year. Every time I visited, my Dad would leave a copy of the Texas Freemason monthly on my desk in my old room. The first few times, I didn't get it. Apparently, he did this to my Older Brother as well when he visited. Then it hit me when I was in my late 20s what my Dad was planting. So I just asked him, "How do you become a Mason?". He said, "To be a Mason, you have to ask a Mason". That's all he said about that. My thought on that was like "Ooooookay...nevermind". Some time later on another visit, I asked him more questions and he stated that you had to believe in a God. I asked which one? He said it doesn't matter, you just have to believe in a Higher Power to be a Mason. Again, I'm thinking "Ooooookay". I do know that a lot of it has to do with Masonry and things like that. My Father was a really talented Carpenter, so I'm sure that being a Mason was something he could really relate with.

Well, my Dad was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) back in the Summer of 2006. When I was deployed in Iraq that Fall, I learned that he was no longer able to speak or even eat. It was sad to hear. He was still able to talk to me through email though, so we would email each other back and forth. Not making this up, but a popular book that was going around was the Divinci Code when I was there and I read that book in my tent before falling asleep every night. Needless to say, I just had to ask my Dad about the "Knight's Templar". He stopped emailing me back. Now, it could of been his ALS was getting worse (he passed away 11 months after diagnoses) or that he felt I was mocking him or that he thought it was all silly to converse about. Maybe he didn't see the email. I'm not trying to imply anything Woo-Woo about it. I just remember that was the last actual conversation I had with my Dad and it's still in my email box. I really wished I would've just said I loved him a bunch of times instead of whatever the hell my dumb 29 year-old self was probably yammering on about.

So anyway, sorry if you read this and thought it was going to be dripping in Illuminati stuff. Just a story about my Dad being a Mason. The Masons performed a ritual at his Funeral and it was the most amazing thing 10-15 minutes I've ever witnessed. I've been a part of a lot of Military Honors and such and they pale in comparison. It is one helluva send-off that that Brotherhood does for each other.
First off, I am a Mason and have been since I was 23 yrs old. I had lots of men I looked up to growing up and in my early adult years and found out that many of them had one thing in common, Masonry.

The Masonic lodge is the oldest and most honorable fraternity there is. Members must be men who are well respected and willing to conduct themselves accordingly.

Did you know that Masonic organizations donate more than 2 million dollars daily to sick and underprivileged children through charitable hospitals and organizations?

I’d be happy to answer any questions, the only thing secretive is the initiation process….

strollinruss

Reaction score
The Knights templar from what I know is part of freemasonry, Im actually an apprentice freemason, or I was. I never got to continue my teachings, I wish I could've, but life got in the way. But yes, there are sayings said to each to other to identify each other. I thought the initiation was pretty cool
Depending on what jurisdiction you’re in it’s not too hard to continue. In Texas you can always pickup where you left off. If you ever have the time continue to travel East.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
First off, I am a Mason and have been since I was 23 yrs old. I had lots of men I looked up to growing up and in my early adult years and found out that many of them had one thing in common, Masonry.

The Masonic lodge is the oldest and most honorable fraternity there is. Members must be men who are well respected and willing to conduct themselves accordingly.

Did you know that Masonic organizations donate more than 2 million dollars daily to sick and underprivileged children through charitable hospitals and organizations?

I’d be happy to answer any questions, the only thing secretive is the initiation process….

what degree are you?

nobody

Reaction score

Alright. I won't ask details about the initiation process, but tell me: If it's so on the up and up and honorable, why have secrets at all? Why is the initiation process secret?