Any Freemasons here?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That was part of my point in the post you quoted. It was not strange for most of human history. And not a ignorant part of history. people use to navigate by the stars, use it for calendars, and align their amazing construction with the heavens and certain times of the year. It is a very interesting thing to think about. I think it was in the 1600s that copurnicus changed history without a telescope.

This is a presumption, but i would bet money that you can not in any way prove that the earth moves. You are like me, believing something that you read in a book.
I‘m scientist so I believe in science. You must’ve read that the earth was stationary right? So you choose to not believe something that’s been proven time and time again. Read up on the Coriolis force and then tell me why you don’t believe this fact.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I‘m scientist so I believe in science. You must’ve read that the earth was stationary right? So you choose to not believe something that’s been proven time and time again. Read up on the Coriolis force and then tell me why you don’t believe this fact.
No thanks Mr. Scientist.

But if you want use the Coriolis Force as your proof to the earth moving and explain it to me , I would be very interested.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No thanks Mr. Scientist.

But if you want use the Coriolis Force as your proof to the earth moving and explain it to me , I would be very interested.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...evidence-earth-round-and-rotating/8267678001/

Most scientists estimate the Earth to be rotating around 1,000 miles per hour on its axis.

Proof of this includes the Coriolis force. This force explains why planes cannot simply travel in a straight line to their destination, but instead must fly along a curved route. Because the Earth rotates so rapidly, flying in a straight line would result in the plane ending up in the wrong location. The Earth is always moving, so pilots must account for how much their destination will have rotated since the start of the flight.

This effect also impacts hurricanes, which swirl counterclockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere, said Jason Steffen, a mathematician and physicist at the University of Nevada. If the Earth were on a flat plane, this mirroring across the equator would not occur, he said. The rotation around the Earth's access and the subsequent Coriolis forces cause these differences to occur.

Sorry to burst your Bubble.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...evidence-earth-round-and-rotating/8267678001/

Most scientists estimate the Earth to be rotating around 1,000 miles per hour on its axis.

Proof of this includes the Coriolis force. This force explains why planes cannot simply travel in a straight line to their destination, but instead must fly along a curved route. Because the Earth rotates so rapidly, flying in a straight line would result in the plane ending up in the wrong location. The Earth is always moving, so pilots must account for how much their destination will have rotated since the start of the flight.

This effect also impacts hurricanes, which swirl counterclockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere, said Jason Steffen, a mathematician and physicist at the University of Nevada. If the Earth were on a flat plane, this mirroring across the equator would not occur, he said. The rotation around the Earth's access and the subsequent Coriolis forces cause these differences to occur.
I actually did know what the coriolis force is. Bart Simpons phone call to Australia when I was small taught me that.

F- on your scientific minded proof that the earth moves. Don't make or link a "scientific" proof that use words like estimate.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I actually did know what the coriolis force is. Bart Simpons phone call to Australia when I was small taught me that.

F- on your scientific minded proof that the earth moves. Don't make or link a "scientific" proof that use words like estimate.
If the earth doesn’t move then why don't planes fly a straight line instead of a curved route to account for the earth’s rotation?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If the earth doesn’t move then why don't planes fly a straight line instead of a curved route to account for the earth’s rotation?
I have no clue, and I actually told you no thanks on me going down this route.

But isn't what you are asking along the same logic, as why does a plane not just hover for awhile, and let the earth spin the destination towards them?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have no clue, and I actually told you no thanks on me going down this route.

But isn't what you are asking along the same logic, as why does a plane not just hover for awhile, and let the earth spin the destination towards them?
Because the atmosphere moves with the earth.

Also, why do the trade winds move from west to east? Answer here:

https://www.weather.gov/jetstream/jet

0-A1228-A3-968-F-4586-8-ACC-89-E05-E293541.gif

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Because the atmosphere moves with the earth.

Also, why do the trade winds move from west to east? Answer here:

https://www.weather.gov/jetstream/jet

0-A1228-A3-968-F-4586-8-ACC-89-E05-E293541.gif

You seem pleased with whatever it is you think you have done. I was actually being sarcastic when I asked you to explain it, but since you are carrying on, how about you actually give me an abstract for your proof that the earth is moving. I don't need your full scientific method and experiments from the full paper. Just do it in abstract form Something coherant that a man with your scientific credentials should be able to give.

A fact checking page written by a ignorant 19 old, whose only tools to prove the earth moves is a search engine and the first articles to pop up, is not worth your mic drop. Being deceitful with questions to someone who already acknowledges his ignorance and lack of interest on your questioning is lame. Linking Elanor McCrary's work wont cut it, i want the great mind of the scientist Rockports expanation.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You seem pleased with whatever it is you think you have done. I was actually being sarcastic when I asked you to explain it, but since you are carrying on, how about you actually give me an abstract for your proof that the earth is moving. I don't need your full scientific method and experiments from the full paper. Just do it in abstract form Something coherant that a man with your scientific credentials should be able to give.

A fact checking page written by an ignorant 19 old, whose only tools to prove the earth moves is a search engine and the first articles to pop up, is not worth your mic drop. Being deceitful with questions to someone who already acknowledges his ignorance and lack of interest on your questioning is lame. Linking Elanor McCrary's work wont cut it, i want the great mind of the scientist Rockports expanation.
I just gave you proof. Twice. Ask any pilot.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I just gave you proof. Twice. Ask any pilot
I disagree with your definition of proof

You can find pilots who speak both ways, along with ship captions. Intelligent people, claiming both sides, and both sounding reasonable. The same with the earth moving or the stars moving.

You can find ignornant people talking about both ways too. You got stuck talking to the 2nd.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Moon Landing

Just some for instances

Nixon makes a call from a 60s phone to the astronauts in 1969 237,000 miles away,but yet you can lose phone service 40 miles outside of a city in a heavily wooded area.

50 years to go back to the Moon and counting.

Neil Armstrong moon rock given to a leader in Europe years later discovered under science it was actually petrified wood.

Many more I can explain. Now waiting for these posts to be deleted.
This might come as a shocker, but they weren't using cell service to transmit the phone call in 1969. Voyager 1 (launched in 1977) still sends data and it's almost 15B miles away, which would be about 63,000x the distance of the phone call from Nixon to the astronauts.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I've got a friend who believes this stuff. Secret society is running the world, Hollywood celebrities are eating babies, we never landed on the moon, the government is controlling the weather, on and on.
I have a childhood friend that truly, truly believes that the Earth is not only flat, but also hollow.
My wife was a published geophysicist that specialized in volcanology.
They don't talk much upon the subject together after she heard him the 1st time.

Corso

Reaction score
I've got a friend who believes this stuff. Secret society is running the world, Hollywood celebrities are eating babies, we never landed on the moon, the government is controlling the weather, on and on.
Yo alright, I have a storyline that's no worse than The Core (2003).
Hear me out.
The Earth IS flat and hollow and it's all a conspiracy as pilots know how to fly through the swiss cheese holes of the planet!
Yeah? Yeah? Nudge, nudge? Know-what-I-mean? Know-what-I-mean?

Waitaminute... that's no storyline.
Darnit!
Time to get with a group and workshop this ish.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
1. The furthest we have drilled down in the earth is around 12 miles, and it was a little hole. 12 miles
2. I forgot what it was, but the other way they claim to know what is at the core, is a seismic wave type sonar instrument that they can supposedly determine the contents of the core. How they can determine accuracy or calibrate an instrument for that far of a distance through everything that is or isnt in the earth, i don't know. Maybe they can.
3. Maybe there is some other way, i don't know about
4. We see lava, oil, and water coming up from the ground

Based on my beliefs, i would put my chips on it being hollow. To me, saying the earth isn't hollow based on what is above it pretty thin. Lots of theories upon theories, upon theories

Corso

Reaction score
1. The furthest we have drilled down in the earth is around 12 miles, and it was a little hole. 12 miles
2. I forgot what it was, but the other way they claim to know what is at the core, is a seismic wave type sonar instrument that they can supposedly determine the contents of the core. How they can determine accuracy or calibrate an instrument for that far of a distance through everything that is or isnt in the earth, i don't know. Maybe they can.
3. Maybe there is some other way, i don't know about
4. We see lava, oil, and water coming up from the ground

Based on my beliefs, i would put my chips on it being hollow. To me, saying the earth isn't hollow based on what is above it pretty thin. Lots of theories upon theories, upon theories
My wife would destroy your beliefs, but she's not participating in this no matter what, or how I ask her to.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
My wife would destroy your beliefs, but she's not participating in this no matter what, or how I ask her to.
You think too highly of your wife, or were mistaken in your use of the word destroy. Especially since my belief isn't based on my own knowledge.

If your wife knows another way they determined what is at the core besides theories, I would love to know. I like that stuff. #1 and #2 is the only actual attempt I have heard about.

Have her send her destruction through private messages. It will remain private

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I disagree with your definition of proof

You can find pilots who speak both ways, along with ship captions. Intelligent people, claiming both sides, and both sounding reasonable. The same with the earth moving or the stars moving.

You can find ignornant people talking about both ways too. You got stuck talking to the 2nd.
Show me proof a pilot who disagrees with the coriolis force.