Any guesses why no holding calls involving Parsons?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Back in the ware days there was an obvious hold on a Cowboy. Not sure if it was ware but the flag was thrown and after a brief conversation the flag was picked up and the announcement was because the defender fought through the hold. My guess is it’s some of that AND the some what newish technique of letting the guy somewhat through to hold from the side or back.

Officiating is a joke and it’s by design imo

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It is not some missed calls, there are no holding calls and not even the most egregious a la Lane Johnson bear hug hold that was blatant, obvious, and egregious.
Well....we can all agree officiating is at a very low level league wide.

And whether you benefit from the inaccuracies (like we did Sunday, overall) or you are hurt from it....it's erratic nevertheless.

The one silver lining is that over the course of 17 games the days you benefit from it vs the days you are hurt by it even out, whether your an undisciplined high penalty team or a more disciplined low penalty team, your record is now what it roughly would have been had calls been made by perfect robots from the start of the year.

The fact that the mistakes even out though, doesn't change the fact that there are mistakes. Old people running around trying to officiate young world class athletes doesn't lend itself to perfection

rambo2

Reaction score
It has become blatantly obvious that Parsons is being held on a huge number of plays and officials refuse to call it. One in particular was the sack Parsons got on Hurts and Lane Johnson had in him in a bear hug for 10 yards. Lane had his arms around Parsons, a bear hug, holding him from the get go to to the qb and Parsons still sacked Hurts. It was blatant, obvious, and egregious. It can be nothing other than corruption or incompetence. To say that Parsons has not done enough to get the calls falls in the corruption category because this would suggest officials see the hold but refuse to call it because Parsons is not the player that merits consideration. On the other hand, not one of the 7 officials on the field observed the hold, at the point of attack, with the ball in Hurts hands, and Johnson with Parsons in a bear hug grip and that is not incompetence????? There are dozens of other examples, including a hands to face that was not called on Philly agains Parsons but called against Parsons on an earlier play. None of this is making sense.
He needs to throw his hands up in the air and throw a fit like Mahomes.

Starstruck22

Reaction score

And whether you benefit from the inaccuracies (like we did Sunday, overall) or you are hurt from it....it's erratic nevertheless.

The one silver lining is that over the course of 17 games the days you benefit from it vs the days you are hurt by it even out, whether your an undisciplined high penalty team or a more disciplined low penalty team, your record is now what it roughly would have been had calls been made by perfect robots from the start of the year.

The fact that the mistakes even out though, doesn't change the fact that there are mistakes. Old people running around trying to officiate young world class athletes doesn't lend itself to perfection
This begs the question of whether it is corruption or incompetence. Even if it is incompetence and equally applied, that does not suggest that in a playoff game where a holding call or calls are missed it could send a team packing. Nothing is symmetrical here. But I believe that it is more than incompetence. It has to be. Because even incompetent officials are paired with competent ones that refuse to see the hold. There are numerous refs on the field and NONE of them see the blatant holding. NONE????? This defies credulity.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
He needs to throw his hands up in the air and throw a fit like Mahomes.
He does. You have not seen MIchah throwing up his hands? He does it every time. And NOTHING. I submit if these officials called all the holding penalties against Parsons, we would never lose another game. PERIOD!!!!

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
This begs the question of whether it is corruption or incompetence. Even if it is incompetence and equally applied, that does not suggest that in a playoff game where a holding call or calls are missed it could send a team packing. Nothing is symmetrical here. But I believe that it is more than incompetence. It has to be. Because even incompetent officials are paired with competent ones that refuse to see the hold. There are numerous refs on the field and NONE of them see the blatant holding. NONE????? This defies credulity.
You're wasting your time with this dude. He's determined to justify this bs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have no clue what that meant? if you are saying they would have to throw a flag every play, they cannot does not deal with the fact that he gets no calls at all.
Learn simple application on established top posted point on an OP in a discussion. One reason alone, or stat is not the goal...don't limit another's discussion to a single alternative that you prefer in your own view.

Referees sometimes don't stick to the letter of the rules and allow some given room when large numbers of penalties and flow of games would be leaving no rhythm in games. That would trash momentums for teams producing at a high clip.

The Eagles didn't score a single touchdown in the game.

Also, the Cowboys scored on four times with the ball during the first half.

Applied to Parsons and Dallas rushers, there are a ton of holds and Jerry should be requesting an investigation of direction of calls for holding against his team specificly.

The old school response would be another example of officiating out Dallas success strengths.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
You're wasting your time with this dude. He's determined to justify this bs.
Reason and logic wins out in the end even if the blind refuse to see. It is impossible with 7 zebras on the field to be blind at the same time. That is is like lightening striking someone times.

Proof

Reaction score

we lead the league in penalties while arguably the most disruptive pass rusher gets noticeably fewer calls than his contemporaries. there’s no evening out just because you say so

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Learn simple application on established top posted point on an OP in a discussion. One reason alone, or stat is not the goal...don't limit another's discussion to a single alternative that you prefer in your own view.

Referees sometimes don't stick to the letter of the rules and allow some given room when large numbers of penalties and flow of games would be leaving no rhythm in games. That would trash momentums for teams producing at a high clip.

The Eagles didn't score a single touchdown in the game.

Also, the Cowboys scored on four times with the ball during the first half.

Applied to Parsons and Dallas rushers, there are a ton of holds and Jerry should be requesting an investigation of direction of calls for holding against his team specificly.

The old school response would be another example of officiating out Dallas success strengths.
I have no idea what your train of thought is and much of it makes zero sense. Parsons is getting zero holding calls…..ZERO!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT EVEN PASS THE GIGGLE TEST. I am not talking about parsing the rule. HE GETS ZERO CALLS.

CWR

Reaction score
Makeup calls for all the garbage calls they gave us?

Or....maybe the officials are so old....they simply don't see anything that's happening at high speed well, and concentrate on slow moving things like the KC offsides that ended the game on the Kelce pass

Either way....there will always be missed calls in every game for both teams....but in this case we definitely got the "home cooking" help from the refs
At least it was fairly consistent both sides the ball. The clipping call really irritated me though. Lol

1942willys

Reaction score
I have no idea what your train of thought is and much of it makes zero sense. Parsons is getting zero holding calls…..ZERO!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT EVEN PASS THE GIGGLE TEST. I am not talking about parsing the rule. HE GETS ZERO CALLS.
there are some here that refuse to admit how bad the officiating is

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Even if they only called half or a third of the holding calls……but it is ZERO, ZERO, ZERO!!!!!!!

Starstruck22

Reaction score
there are some here that refuse to admit how bad the officiating is
there have been articles by prominent sports journalists that have been decrying the horrible officiating this year. Last night Aikman blew a fuse about the crap officiating. How much more can these clowns take????

Starstruck22

Reaction score
At least it was fairly consistent both sides the ball. The clipping call really irritated me though. Lol
They evidently missed all of the holding calls involving Parsons…..the clipping call was crap and even the announcers and ref emeritus pointed that out.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Well....I guess that's a personal question, though if you TRULY believe the officiating is just intentionally "rigged" to help get a favorable outcome for the powers that be, I don't understand why a person who thought that would ever watch another NFL game

So I keep watching games...so obviously I feel it's bad officiating on accident, as a function of overly complicated rules and relatively few (old) officials to watch 22vl different dudes running full speed, thus 20 or 30 different "interactions" each play to officiate.

But....if I ever truly felt the officiating was rigged....I'd never watch another down