Any guesses why no holding calls involving Parsons?

1942willys

Reaction score
there have been articles by prominent sports journalists that have been decrying the horrible officiating this year. Last night Aikman blew a fuse about the crap officiating. How much more can these clowns take????
NOT mention coaches and others have said the same thing; now players complaining about calls is normal but its at an all time high

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Well....I guess that's a personal question, though if you TRULY believe the officiating is just intentionally "rigged" to help get a favorable outcome for the powers that be, I don't understand why a person who thought that would ever watch another NFL game

So I keep watching games...so obviously I feel it's bad officiating on accident, as a function of overly complicated rules and relatively few (old) officials to watch 22vl different dudes running full speed, thus 20 or 30 different "interactions" each play to officiate.

But....if I ever truly felt the officiating was rigged....I'd never watch another down
NO HOLDING CALLS INVOLVING PARSONS……EXPLAIN THAT IF IT IS NOT RIGGED????? AND 7 ZEBRAS ON THE FIELD WATCHING LANE JOHNSON BEAR HUG PARSONS FOR 15 YARDS TO THE QB…..AND NO CALL???? WHAT???

1942willys

Reaction score
Well....I guess that's a personal question, though if you TRULY believe the officiating is just intentionally "rigged" to help get a favorable outcome for the powers that be, I don't understand why a person who thought that would ever watch another NFL game

So I keep watching games...so obviously I feel it's bad officiating on accident, as a function of overly complicated rules and relatively few (old) officials to watch 22vl different dudes running full speed, thus 20 or 30 different "interactions" each play to officiate.

But....if I ever truly felt the officiating was rigged....I'd never watch another down
Its rigged in the way the NFL refuses to do anything about it

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Because nobody will ever score against the elite passrushers. It's not just a Micah problem - although he's probably the best example
I think this has a lot of truth to it. Pass rushers have gotten too good and we have too many of them in the league. I’d be curious if there was some data on the top pass rushers in the league getting calls. My guess is Parsons, Watt, Hunter, Garrett, etc are all getting held without many calls, but that’s strictly a guess.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I think this has a lot of truth to it. Pass rushers have gotten too good and we have too many of them in the league. I’d be curious if there was some data on the top pass rushers in the league getting calls. My guess is Parsons, Watt, Hunter, Garrett, etc are all getting held without many calls, but that’s strictly a guess.
PARSONS IS GETTING ZERO HOLDING CALLS…….This would make sense if he was getting ANY HOLDING CALLS….HE IS GETTING ZERO!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Learn simple application on established top posted point on an OP in a discussion. One reason alone, or stat is not the goal...don't limit another's discussion to a single alternative that you prefer in your own view.

Referees sometimes don't stick to the letter of the rules and allow some given room when large numbers of penalties and flow of games would be leaving no rhythm in games. That would trash momentums for teams producing at a high clip.

The Eagles didn't score a single touchdown in the game.

Also, the Cowboys scored on four times with the ball during the first half.

Applied to Parsons and Dallas rushers, there are a ton of holds and Jerry should be requesting an investigation of direction of calls for holding against his team specificly.

The old school response would be another example of officiating out Dallas success strengths.
Offensive touchdown...

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
It's kind of comical at this point. There was one on Sunday night where the OT literally yanked his shirt and you could see it getting pulled and in the background of the one clip, the official appears to be starting right at it. Nothing.

He's still arguably one of the 3-4 most productive edge guys in the NFL so it's not exactly hurting him that much it appears. He's still destroying OL.
He backed up lane Johnson into the QBs lap on one sack … impressive.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
BS. Bad calls that affect the outcomes of games DO NOT EVEN OUT
Even a moron understands that poor officiating leads to wins and losses. Look at the KC Buffalo game. KC would have won the game had the official not called the offsides call. Nothing would have evened out here, the game would have been won by KC and this in fact impacts the final seeding.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have no idea what your train of thought is and much of it makes zero sense. Parsons is getting zero holding calls…..ZERO!!!!!! THIS DOES NOT EVEN PASS THE GIGGLE TEST. I am not talking about parsing the rule. HE GETS ZERO CALLS.
You fully understand and if you are just complaining about that be a man and stick with Your b-word. A fool knows the trend and it was even referenced by myself....rooty toot. Go crying to the refs, picket, and put up a billboard. :facepalm: :hammer: Better yet, ask the liquor store guy what to do!

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
It's been going on for years, and it's getting worse.

I recall the amazing Aaron Rodgers pass that beat us in 2016. Rodgers roll right, on the run throws a strike 35 yards downfield. Maybe the best pass I've ever seen. But in the middle of the field, that DL we had that was so talented but couldn't give up smoking dope, can't remember his name, was held by the Packers center and guard. One of them grabbed him from behind, the other just tackled him. Neither gets a flag.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Let’s just ask all on here, when was the last holding call involving Parsons you can recall? I have no memory of any such calls in the beagles game or any other recent game. That would settle the argument. No calls, obvious corruption.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
It's been going on for years, and it's getting worse.

I recall the amazing Aaron Rodgers pass that beat us in 2016. Rodgers roll right, on the run throws a strike 35 yards downfield. Maybe the best pass I've ever seen. But in the middle of the field, that DL we had that was so talented but couldn't give up smoking dope, can't remember his name, was held by the Packers center and guard. One of them grabbed him from behind, the other just tackled him. Neither gets a flag.
Randy Gregory

btgboys41

Reaction score
I would expect more calls for holding on Parsons. Same for Watt and I’m sure Garrett too.

The NFL is not rigged through its officiating and if you think so, how do all officiating teams get that message to ignore Micah?

The officiating is bad overall and every part of fanbases that lap up conspiracy theories will always say their team is the victim of rigging, and they will never say how the rigging takes place.

I’m all ears tho.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
I would expect more calls for holding on Parsons. Same for Watt and I’m sure Garrett too.

The NFL is not rigged through its officiating and if you think so, how do all officiating teams get that message to ignore Micah?

The officiating is bad overall and every part of fanbases that lap up conspiracy theories will always say their team is the victim of rigging, and they will never say how the rigging takes place.

I’m all ears tho.
If there were no holding calls against Parsons in the beagles game and if no one can even remember the last holding call involving Parsons, I rest my case.