Any guesses why no holding calls involving Parsons?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Makeup calls for all the garbage calls they gave us?

Or....maybe the officials are so old....they simply don't see anything that's happening at high speed well, and concentrate on slow moving things like the KC offsides that ended the game on the Kelce pass

Either way....there will always be missed calls in every game for both teams....but in this case we definitely got the "home cooking" help from the refs
Hahahaha you think we got "home cooking" Just stop. Eagles finally were called for stuff they have been doing all year but the refs ignored. Show me the missed calls we benefitted from. Show me the calls against Eagles that were not legit. Were the Eagles called for holding one time dropping back to pass? Any time there is even remotely a close call where Dallas might be holding in the slightest, it's called no doubt. Yet I see the Eagles bear hug and tackle defenders with no calls. You really think the Eagles offense is as good as it is without the holds they get away with constantly?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Bro I’m not going round and round with you about this. Most guys aren’t getting the calls, the league won’t ruin the TV rating to call 20 holding penalties per game. Parsons has the exact same number of holding calls as TJ watt as a pass rusher this year.

The officiating this year has been horrid, but offensive holding has actually been fairly consistent across the league and for the most part just a piece that the league is letting slide. As long as that’s consistent I don’t see the issue.

The real question why the cowboys have been flagged 21 times this year for it vs philly just 4 times.
Offensive holding isn't consistent to me at all. They pick and choose exactly when to call it. We got called for a 15yd clipping penalty that wasn't even close. Yet the Eagles get to hold constantly to set the edge for their RBs and protect Hurts and free him up to run.

Your last sentence refutes you saying offensive holding has been consistent.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Did he draw any holding flags. He drew a hands to the face while he was being held..

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have no clue what that meant? if you are saying they would have to throw a flag every play, they cannot does not deal with the fact that he gets no calls at all.
They are attempting to not affect momentum in a game...that is with the number of holds they would have called this last game....volume of penalties.

They still called a ton of penalties for both teams. I'm not yet crying...the Eagles scored no offensive touchdowns. You crying?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Offensive holding isn't consistent to me at all. They pick and choose exactly when to call it. We got called for a 15yd clipping penalty that wasn't even close. Yet the Eagles get to hold constantly to set the edge for their RBs and protect Hurts and free him up to run.

Your last sentence refutes you saying offensive holding has been consistent.
Holding is pretty consistent to me simply because the league has chosen not to really call it. Teams are averaging just over 1 offensive holding call per game and most of those are run plays.

The cowboys/eagles comparison is interesting to me because the eagles are last in holdings against whole the cowboys are either 1st or 2nd I forget which. Are they that much better? Is there a technique they use to get away with it? Are they in short yardage more often? Has the cowboys constant shifting of the o line early on been an issue? Or is there favoritism? I have no idea but just because the eagles are penalized less does not mean it’s a major conspiracy. I think it’s a worthy conversation though.

The issue the OP brought up was around Micah getting held while rushing the passer and not getting calls. I agree that’s actually happening but I don’t think it’s an anti cowboy issue as none of the major pass rushers are getting calls. I haven’t done a deep dive into the metrics for all players but as I mentioned TJ watt only has 1 holding call while rushing this year too, same as Micah. I would guess other guys like Myles Garrett are seeing similar issues.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Hahahaha you think we got "home cooking" Just stop. Eagles finally were called for stuff they have been doing all year but the refs ignored. Show me the missed calls we benefitted from. Show me the calls against Eagles that were not legit. Were the Eagles called for holding one time dropping back to pass? Any time there is even remotely a close call where Dallas might be holding in the slightest, it's called no doubt. Yet I see the Eagles bear hug and tackle defenders with no calls. You really think the Eagles offense is as good as it is without the holds they get away with constantly?
I'll answer that question if you answer this first:

I'm sure you agree bad calls and bad non calls are everywhere, league wide.

Knowing that one team usually benefits more than the other team in any given game (except for the rare times when the bad/missed calls completely even out in a game), which games this year have WE gotten the better end of the deal from calls (not necessarily the games we got fewer calls, but rather games where the poor officiating benefited us over the other team)?

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Johnson was choking parsons with a veritable bear hug. if that is not holding, for gods sakes, what is???? you cannot put your arms around defenders and hold them. This is not rocket science. Why the hell would Parsons be holding Johnson. This is nonsense.
Id have to watch the play again. To me it looked like a bull rush that got home. I could be wrong.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Johnson was choking parsons with a veritable bear hug. if that is not holding, for gods sakes, what is???? you cannot put your arms around defenders and hold them. This is not rocket science. Why the hell would Parsons be holding Johnson. This is nonsense.
I just re-watched it… The only nonsense is your assessment of it lol. Jk.

Bearhug? Johnson’s right hand/Parsons left hand were both battling inside… Around the chest,… Johnson was probably grabbing Parsons jersey, and Parsons was probably grabbing Johnson’s jersey… now Johnson did have his left hand around parsons right shoulder, but parsons is clearly bull rushing…imHo it simply was not enough to be slam dunk holding. It was a hell of a battle though…

When you bull rush, sometimes you grab the jersey and try to get them off balance…throw them out of your way.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It's kind of comical at this point. There was one on Sunday night where the OT literally yanked his shirt and you could see it getting pulled and in the background of the one clip, the official appears to be starting right at it. Nothing.

He's still arguably one of the 3-4 most productive edge guys in the NFL so it's not exactly hurting him that much it appears. He's still destroying OL.

Yep that one comes to mind… I think it was on a run play. So obvious even on television

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I try not to think they overlook holds on Parsons on purpose but there is also no way you can miss so many clear holds.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Well....we can all agree officiating is at a very low level league wide.

And whether you benefit from the inaccuracies (like we did Sunday, overall) or you are hurt from it....it's erratic nevertheless.

The one silver lining is that over the course of 17 games the days you benefit from it vs the days you are hurt by it even out, whether your an undisciplined high penalty team or a more disciplined low penalty team, your record is now what it roughly would have been had calls been made by perfect robots from the start of the year.

The fact that the mistakes even out though, doesn't change the fact that there are mistakes. Old people running around trying to officiate young world class athletes doesn't lend itself to perfection
What questionable calls did we benefit from?

Don’t mention the picked up flags where other refs overruled, for a change, game changing plays like that ridiculous hold they attempted to call on All Pro TYLER Smith. Or the other one which was worse.

Tell me some though.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Remember that time we went like 6 weeks without a holding call a few years back
That happened twice that year. D-Law was leading the league in sacks and we were one of the top sack teams despite the zero holds called— video evidence of opposing players, seemingly intentionally grabbing jersey and pulling it 2 ft back, and no calls. Zero for about 10 games total.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'll answer that question if you answer this first:

I'm sure you agree bad calls and bad non calls are everywhere, league wide.

Knowing that one team usually benefits more than the other team in any given game (except for the rare times when the bad/missed calls completely even out in a game), which games this year have WE gotten the better end of the deal from calls (not necessarily the games we got fewer calls, but rather games where the poor officiating benefited us over the other team)?
Right. You made a claim now you can’t back it up. It was a very stupid claim that has no basis in fact.

The Eagles still got bs calls. It just wasn’t as bad as at Philly and I have a suspicion that the ref and his Philly record of calls getting publicly outed was possibly a factor. It was very dumb of the Philly fans to openly brag about how unbalanced that ref crew had been for the Eagles.

3 of us have asked you for the bad calls Dallas received. You made the claim. Stand behind your words.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Not just parsons, watt gets held all the time too
I don't know about Watt, I don't watch Steelers games, but Ware had the same issue.

So ya, this just isn't a "Parsons thing". If you are a really good pasrushers, expect to be held a lot and NOT get a flag.

It's not fair, but it's true.

reddyuta

Reaction score
he needs to sell it like Bosa and other pass rushers,maybe take some acting lessons.