Any guesses why no holding calls involving Parsons?

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the question is why no holding calls against the Eagles - ever. They were holding as much as if not more than the Cowboys who got 3 holding calls and 1 other flag the was thrown and picked up. It is still a mystery to me what constitutes holding in the NFL these days. The lack of consistency is what fans question.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have often wondered why Parsons doesn't get the holding calls, and it may be because they would be calling 20 a game. Of course, I have never seen a guy blow past 3 lineman so fast they barely touched him. Sometimes, he's so fast at his first step and swim moves they really don't get a chance to hold him. Crazy...
Ha Ha, I remember a few years back Dallas was held rushing the passer. The ref picked up the flag and said the Dallas defender "ran through" the hold...I was like what's that even mean?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This begs the question of whether it is corruption or incompetence. Even if it is incompetence and equally applied, that does not suggest that in a playoff game where a holding call or calls are missed it could send a team packing. Nothing is symmetrical here. But I believe that it is more than incompetence. It has to be. Because even incompetent officials are paired with competent ones that refuse to see the hold. There are numerous refs on the field and NONE of them see the blatant holding. NONE????? This defies credulity.
It's corruption. Incompetence would have been addressed by the league by now if there was no corruption involved.

Micah leads in pressures while also drawing the fewest holding calls in the league.

Those trying to claim Watt is getting held just as much with no calls are going to have to prove it because Parsons is at the top and bottom of the two stats I listed above. Watt is not.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I have often wondered why Parsons doesn't get the holding calls, and it may be because they would be calling 20 a game. Of course, I have never seen a guy blow past 3 lineman so fast they barely touched him. Sometimes, he's so fast at his first step and swim moves they really don't get a chance to hold him. Crazy...
Even if that were the case they should still give 3 to 5 holding flags a game just to at least pretend to not be putting their thumb on the scale.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Well....I guess that's a personal question, though if you TRULY believe the officiating is just intentionally "rigged" to help get a favorable outcome for the powers that be, I don't understand why a person who thought that would ever watch another NFL game

So I keep watching games...so obviously I feel it's bad officiating on accident, as a function of overly complicated rules and relatively few (old) officials to watch 22vl different dudes running full speed, thus 20 or 30 different "interactions" each play to officiate.

But....if I ever truly felt the officiating was rigged....I'd never watch another down
It is biased / inconsistent at some level, for any number of reasons, you just have to play through it, and not get caught up in hyperbole.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Holding is the most blatant inconsistency; but it goes for virtually all penalties
and you need to stop regurgitating macro numbers because that is frankly misleading
Yeah I hate it when facts get in the way of a good narrative too.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Maybe, but if Parsons keeps running his mouth it's doubtful he'll get any calls. He should concentrate on his play instead of worrying about the non-calls.
He should continue to call out the corruption. If the officials are not corrupt it wont matter. If they are, it will be exposed as I am trying to do here.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Great link, thanks!

It does show Philly gets the least amount of offensive holding flags in the NFL.
Yeah and that’s the better conversation piece IMO. Is phillys line that superior? Are they teaching techniques that can get away with holding? Is there something about their system that makes for fewer penalties? Is there favoritism going on for Philly in this area?

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Actually, I didn’t think that was a hold. The quarterback had the ball, and Johnson was between Parsons and Hurts… How was at a hold? They were grabbing each other and doing a steady walk towards the quarterback.
Johnson was choking parsons with a veritable bear hug. if that is not holding, for gods sakes, what is???? you cannot put your arms around defenders and hold them. This is not rocket science. Why the hell would Parsons be holding Johnson. This is nonsense.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Yeah and that’s the better conversation piece IMO. Is phillys line that superior? Are they teaching techniques that can get away with holding? Is there something about their system that makes for fewer penalties? Is there favoritism going on for Philly in this area?
Holding is obvious when it happens and happens frequently. And holds against Parsons never get flagged. NEVER!

ATXSRT

Reaction score
He doesn't stick his hands in the air and act like a clown like everyone else does against us.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Makeup calls for all the garbage calls they gave us?

Or....maybe the officials are so old....they simply don't see anything that's happening at high speed well, and concentrate on slow moving things like the KC offsides that ended the game on the Kelce pass

Either way....there will always be missed calls in every game for both teams....but in this case we definitely got the "home cooking" help from the refs
It's not about this one game, or calls for or against the team. Specifically related to Parsons, we have witnessed an egregious amount of non calls against whoever is going up against Parsons... too the point it is blatantly obvious... which leads to the OPs question.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Holding is obvious when it happens and happens frequently. And holds against Parsons never get flagged. NEVER!
Bro I’m not going round and round with you about this. Most guys aren’t getting the calls, the league won’t ruin the TV rating to call 20 holding penalties per game. Parsons has the exact same number of holding calls as TJ watt as a pass rusher this year.

The officiating this year has been horrid, but offensive holding has actually been fairly consistent across the league and for the most part just a piece that the league is letting slide. As long as that’s consistent I don’t see the issue.

The real question why the cowboys have been flagged 21 times this year for it vs philly just 4 times.