Any position you oppose in 2nd?

Doomsday77

Reaction score
RB, QB, WR and honestly don't think we need to address TE either. 4 is enough. I'm good with K, P and long snapper as well. I believe other OP's have covered positions of need once or twice.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
RB is the only position I wouldn't address, because I don't think anyone in the second is going to be better than Zeke and it's too high for a depth pick.

Otherwise, we aren't dominant enough at any other position for them not to consider the right player if available.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't shy away from a good O Guard if one is there. Our OL collapsed against the Rams and Colts this year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
linebacker. That's about it and I think we're good on defensive end too.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there any position that you would oppose us addressing in the second round?

Not really, other than the obvious of no kickers or Fullbacks...

Anytime a team get a very good or great player, it does not really matter what position that player plays when looked back.

The Cowboys do their best in the draft when they take players that they are "comfortable" with long before draft day.

It was common knowledge that most or everyone with the Cowboys was comfortable with Frederick, Martin, Tyron, Vander Esch, Zeke, Dak etc. long before draft day.

On the flip side, many of their busts or just OK players were last minute decisions because the players they really wanted got taken a few spots ahead.

The all time example was in the 2009 draft where the only player they liked in the 2nd round was the Center Max Unger and Seattle traded up to take him a few spots ahead of the Cowboys pick. At that point they traded down and then threw a dart at the draft board where they had several players with similar grades and had not really vetted many of them in great detail.

Creeper

Reaction score
If a real talent drops into the 2nd round, I don't care what position he plays. An upgrade is an upgrade. Drafting a position is a fools errand. Late second round is a place where you can draft anyone, except punters and kickers. If a quality QB prospect dropped into round 2 I would take him if I thought he was the real deal. Who knows, maybe we trade him or Dak for a 1st round pick later on, like the Steve Walsh deal.

John813

Reaction score
Safety or DT.

Why spend a high pick on one when you can grab a project after the draft?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only positions would be RB or WR, even if they let Beasley walk. I am assuming they're extending Prescott so no QB in the 2nd.

I'd like to see a DT but I think this is going to be a blast from the past, TE.