Any reason to believe Dak era will surpass Romo era?

Dre11

Reaction score
Most of that in his Rookie season. So yea, you fell for him. I understand. Most did. It was love at first site.

For me, I only fall in love with Elite talent. But Daks a great kid.I like him. I’d just rather have several others.

He led the team to 13-3 and playoffs, his playoff win was this year, his leadership carried over this year, the team became his this year with no Witten or Dez. So it's been more than his rookie season.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You obviously never played football and rely on talking heads for info. Football is much more than the QB. I don’t want a Romo type team that’s dependent on one guy. When he sucked or was hurt the team floundered. Yes let’s build a team like that. Is that you Jerry?
I guess you on the other hand are a nfl player right since I've never played. I rarely watch those shows but you must thanks for putting yourself on that note so try again. Who said football was all the qb? When you show me the post where I said it was we can continue but since I didn't you just be posting to the wrong poster. I also never said to build a team where one person is the whole team. Show me the proof of this and stop lying just to be right online.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak will go down to injury too with flips like we needed against Seattle to prolong the season. Tick tock...

Dak is a bottom tier passing QB benefiting from elite surrounding talent. We’ve seen what he is when that’s taken away.

Dak is a very well conditioned athlete who dosent take unnecessary chances not concerned with celebrity status just with improving his game .

Wrong again Dak is a young improving QB who has already gained 3 yrs of very successful experience to start his era unlike Romo who wasn't good enough to get on the field that early in his career let alone win divisions and in the playoffs . Sky is the limit for this young man , all the right tools his priorities are straight and an attitude to succeed.

Taken away like the Giants game a few week ago when he won with all backups . Most recent example of how he steps up when things are taken away .

Feel free to panic and move the goal post LOLOL

Ken

Reaction score
I’m not defending Romo . I wanted someone greater. But I got Dak instead. Lol
Well...the book is obviously written on Dak. No chance he gets any better from here. Forget the fact that he got better and better as the season went on....

Batman1980

Reaction score
I think Dak is less of a gunslinger than Romo. In that sense, I think he may be a very little bit ahead of where Romo was after 3 seasons at the starter (relying on developed skills vs taking risks)

I do think he would benefit from a better QB Coach/OC that works their system around him, rather than needing Dak to fit their system (feels that's where it is w/ Linehan)

But i think, ultimately, it starts and ends with the OL. Dallas lost in the trenches vs LARams (both sides of the ball). OL has to be improved for Dak to improve.

All world C Travis Frederick and an improved Connor WIlliams at LG or RT say hi.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our defense as much as it was dominated against the Rams kept us within distance in 4th qtr with an offense which only converted 1 out 10 3rd downs.

Beasley and Jarwin not being 100% with ankle injuries was another thing that hurt us on third down. Beasley had a limited number of snaps due to his injury and he’s our best chain mover.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So the offensive rank is what the qb is ranked?

Even in a run first scheme? Makes no sense.
Dak was ranked near 20th in passing most of the year I think while he probably finished a little higher.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Beasley and Jarwin not being 100% with ankle injuries was another thing that hurt us on third down. Beasley had a limited number of snaps due to his injury and he’s our best chain mover.
No doubt but we aren’t winning many games much less in the playoffs coverting 1 out of 10 3rd downs.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I guess you on the other hand are a nfl player right since I've never played. I rarely watch those shows but you must thanks for putting yourself on that note so try again. Who said football was all the qb? When you show me the post where I said it was we can continue but since I didn't you just be posting to the wrong poster. I also never said to build a team where one person is the whole team. Show me the proof of this and stop lying just to be right online.
You’d replied to something you obviously don’t know much about. Said having a complete team is an outlier. I provided examples then you best response was what about the last 50 years. QBs like Grossman, McNabb, Kaep, Cam, Dilfer, Wilson, Johnson, etc have been to as many SBs as Rodgers and Brees. Having an elite QB doesn’t mean anything except good fantasy stats.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No doubt but we aren’t winning many games much less in the playoffs coverting 1 out of 10 3rd downs.

True, but we’re not winning any playoff games giving up over 270 yards rushing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They certainly could be better. But it’s still yet to be seen if they surpass the Romo era finally breaking thru to a championship game.

So far this era is 0-2 in divisional round which is much like the previous era. Just saying...And why I asked.
yes but in 3years vs 10..see my point they've already got to the doorstep a lot faster..so the answer is YES I can see them surpassing the one game better and soon..

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You’d replied to something you obviously don’t know much about. Said having a complete team is an outlier. I provided examples then you best response was what about the last 50 years. QBs like Grossman, McNabb, Kaep, Cam, Dilfer, Wilson, Johnson, etc have been to as many SBs as Rodgers and Brees. Having an elite QB doesn’t mean anything except good fantasy stats.
Damn you're not smart. I never said having a complete team was an outlier.

Blackrain

Reaction score
But we didn’t have a top RB then
We had Barber and Jones 4.2 per car Av 1746 yrds 14 TDs Compares similar to this year we had 200 more yrds on 20 more attempts and 1 less TD this yr 4.5 ypc
Romo had just as good a running game just didn't use it quite as much .

Goal post is in the stands time to go to second level LOL

Reactions: CWR