Anybody Else Disappointed In WR Roy Williams?..

Reaction score
aikemirv;2428155 said:
The premise of the post is bad though. The idea that he could have somehow done more!

Roy Williams has not had a chance.

First week against the Rams - are you serious? You expected something?

Second week -Only TD we scored!

Third week - Two QB's and made a great catch

4th Week - offense determined to run the ball - Romo not 100% and he still was 3 yrds off being the leading WR.

In short - new offense - QB's stunk up the joint - and you expect more from Roy Williams

I disagree with you but respect your argument. Austin has more catches than Roy!

If Roy is all of that than he should be beating his man.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2428159 said:
I disagree with you but respect your argument. Austin has more catches than Roy!

If Roy is all of that than he should be beating his man.

Austin should be our # 3. He's creeping into that spot more and more every game.

You're getting some serious flack for this thread my friend. I get what you're trying to say. For the $, the 1st and 3rd, did getting RW really impact this team in a way overall that this type of investment should?

The answer is no it hasn't yet. But that is because of the QB and play calling circumstances, not RW's ability as discussed in a prior post. I am certain you agree.

It is going to impact us very positively in the future however as long as Romo is able to play and Garrett starts smelling the coffee again.

I believe he is worth the investment and next year he is going to be 1 of the top WR's in the league. If we get to the playoffs he is going to be a huge weapon. So right this moment, no we can't possibly get what we put in on this investment, but soon we will reap the reward and it will be a good deal for us.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
I think you are not seeing the big picture..........yes he only had 3 catches...........but.......at 12 yards per........all for 1st downs.......3rd QB...............first game with Tony.....only 4th game with new team........

and

Barber=6
TO=5
Roy11=3
Witten=2
Austin=2
Bennett=1

he cant get big numbers when everyone is getting the ball ..out of these numbers hes getting the percentage of catches he should be getting

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Hostile;2428070 said:
Judas Priest.

I should close the thread, but it reminds me I need to go to the bathroom.

BrAinPaiNt;2428087 said:
[youtube]OXc5ltzKq3Y[/youtube]

:laugh2: 1st - Hostile supplies the **** and then BrAinPaiNt washes it down for ya. :laugh2:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2427947 said:
I know that Roy Williams has only been here for a few weeks but got to admit that I am a little disappointed with the results thus far.

Roy Williams has said that they ran a similar playbook while he was in Detroit, a number tree system. Roy also said by the time the Cowboys bye-week was over he will be more comfortable with the system.

Now, one would think that after a few weeks of practicing in our system that Roy would have been more of an impact that he has been.

I will go on record again saying that I am not a big fan of Roy Williams but I am hopeful that this trade will payoff down the road.

At this point, Roy Williams, has been a disappointment, so far as a Dallas Cowboy, IMO.

Does anybody else disappointed in Roy Williams?
Not his fault Garrett calls in plays that don't give him the ball

smoovb

Reaction score
First, no I'm not dissappointed in Roy Williams to date. There were excellent points made prior to my reply to make the case. But to the contrary, I am excited in and am waiting for a potential offensive explosion. Hopefully, Romo's throwing hand gets better in weeks to come. And with more starters returning, the offense has a great chance of becoming more productive. This includes Roy Williams potentially getting more looks. :D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think this just goes to show how difficult it actually is to bring a player in mid season and get them intigrted into the offense. It's just not as easy as all that. I wish they were throwing a bit more to Roy but hey, it will come. I think this team is going to come together at just the right time.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Hostile;2428238 said:
It must be the name.

It is not the name - it's the instant gratification society we live in!

That and not understanding what seperates the WR's in this league.

Repititions with your QB and recognition (with your QB) of what the defense is doing to you.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
How much are the following things worth to you?

• Drawing attention away from both Owens, Witten and the #3 guy.
  • Spreading out the field for inside runs.
  • Blocking downfield on outside running plays when the defense loads up the middle.
  • Catching a first down to keep a drive going.
  • Catching a pass one handed because the defender grabbed his arm.
  • Fighting for the TD pass rather than allowing the DB to knock it away.

I'm just curious what value you place on these things to see how much is left to fulfill when he develops timing and trust with Romo.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
aikemirv;2428244 said:
It is not the name - it's the instant gratification society we live in!

That and not understanding what seperates the WR's in this league.

Repititions with your QB and recognition (with your QB) of what the defense is doing to you.
Are you sure? I am heading to some Tarheels sites to see if their Head Coach is in trouble with the fans.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If you watched the game, RoyUT made am couple of nice catches. He also made a really good block on a barber run.

But maybe more importantly he was seen talking with Romo between plays and they were laughing together.

It's called report.

Six weeks from now I think you may truly regret starting this thread.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2428262 said:
If you watched the game, RoyUT made am couple of nice catches. He also made a really good block on a barber run.

But maybe more importantly he was seen talking with Romo between plays and they were laughing together.

It's called report.

Six weeks from now I think you may truly regret starting this thread.

Do you mean "rapport"?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Has to be a troll. No other explanation.....................

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2428268 said:
Do you mean "rapport"?

I'm looking more along the lines of "chemistry". He'll get there. RW11 is the deal. Book it, bank on it, carve it out in stone. Whatever............

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish the folks that replied with serious answers would have stopped before they hit the "Post" button.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2428268 said:
Do you mean "rapport"?

OOpps, or is that Opps, or maybe Ops. Naw, maybe Oops.

Nevermind. How about aw shucks.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2427972 said:
Isn't that the freaking truth.

There are about 4 people that create threads that make this entire board appear as though it's filled with mental incompetents.

Can I PM you my guesses and tell me if it is the right 4? :laugh2: