Video: Anybody else tired of hearing about Dak's "leadership"?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You do realize even his HORRIBLE first 3 quarter stats are better than Jimmy entire game right?

I love how you keep trying to ding Dak for raising his game when it is on the line. That really is some imaginative dissing right there.

Did I not say that Jimmy G. did not have better stats than Dak as someone claimed? As for 'raising his game', Dak has a history of 'raising his game' when a team has a substantial lead heading into the 4th quarter only for Dak fans to cheer him for 'raising his game' and then blame the defense for not being able to stop the opposing team....sort of like the Dak fans did with Rush vs. Philly. Perhaps if Dak 'raised his game' earlier the defense wouldn't be on the field so much and having to wait for Dak to 'raise his game'.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Statistically speaking, no Jimmy didn't have better stats but Jimmy G. helped to lead SF to scoring drives in 5 of their 7 original offensive possessions (5th drive was 3 plays before end of half) to give SF a 23-7 lead by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Also, of the above posted Dak stats here is Dak's 4th quarter stats: 9 of 14 for 101 yards 64.3% Comp % 7.21 ypa 2 rushes 22 yards 1 td

So the first 3 quarters Dak's stats: 14 of 29 for 153 yards 48.3% Comp % 5.28 ypa 1 td 1 int 5 rushing yards

That illustrates what many claim and get upset about regarding Dak: where is he the first 3 quarters of a game to where the defense tries to keep Dallas in the game????

Thank you for breaking that down. They love to throw the stats out there but never think of the timing when it comes to said stats. He got that TD and most of his yards when the game was way out of hand. Then he tried to play hero ball when there was only 7 seconds left and lost the game for us. Timing of throwing said interception is also costly. Jimmy G in reality outplayed Dak (they both suck and played horribly overall though).

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
And?

He also played on a franchise tag. That was a huge risk.

He got endorsements in very small part because he is a Dallas Qb. He really got the endorsements because of his play on the field and the type of person he is.
The point this is centered around was that Dak could have shown some leadership by accepting a little less, not fighting for unprecedented contract terms and avoided the drama that comes from protracted negotiations.

He could have accepted the 5 year 35/yr offer, avoided playing on the tag and sent the message to the team and fans that winning is the primary goal.... and he still would be filthy rich.

But he didn't.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
These same guys who question Dak's leadership think Irvin is the epitome of leadership as well.

White house and stabbing teammates with scissors be dammed. lol

Leadership is hating your team. :lmao2::lmao:

Reactions: Ken

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not that he is the "heartbeat of the team"?

Not that it is the first thing any exec, coach or player says about him?

Heck, you guys love to dredge up his draft profile...it said it there too.

I have to admit...the attack on his leadership ability is probably the height of idiocy since saying Rush was a better qb than him. Pretty impressive.
Um....dude.....if you read my posts instead of trying so brainlessly to cram everyone into the hater slot...

Youd see its not a big deal to me. If the players think so....fine.

If he is this great leader....then by all means please lead us to...somewhere.

Dont really care and im over and out in this thread.

Ken

Reaction score
Thank you for breaking that down. They love to throw the stats out there but never think of the timing when it comes to said stats. He got that TD and most of his yards when the game was way out of hand. Then he tried to play hero ball when there was only 7 seconds left and lost the game for us. Timing of throwing said interception is also costly. Jimmy G in reality outplayed Dak (they both suck and played horribly overall though).
I love this "way out of hand" narrative the challenged love to throw out there. Ya, we lost by 6 with a chance to win at the end but it was "way out of hand"- source....trust me bro.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
And?

He also played on a franchise tag. That was a huge risk.

He got endorsements in very small part because he is a Dallas Qb. He really got the endorsements because of his play on the field and the type of person he is.

Yes, Jerry & Co. applied the franchise tag for the 2020 season (because Dak and his agent turned down a 5-year $175M deal early in 2020) only to see Dak get hurt for the season. In spite of that, Dak still had the balls to refuse a 5th year to a new contract early in 2021 and Jerry caved and gave him a 4-year $160M deal with $126M guaranteed.

VACowboy

Reaction score
So then why didn't Dak 'sacrifice' for the team during contract talks and accept the $35M/year 5-year deal that was on the table and instead demand a $40M/year 4-year deal instead? Did he not want to 'sacrifice' some money to add pieces to the team? Did he not want to 'sacrifice' by approving the 5th year or does he not believe in this team to stay for a 5th year?
I think Dak is a good leader but this ^^^^^^ really annoys me. It's selfish and about the least leaderish thing a player can do. He didn't take that money from Jerry. He took money from the pot available to the team to pay players. Dak took that money from his teammates.

Big D

Reaction score
So then why didn't Dak 'sacrifice' for the team during contract talks and accept the $35M/year 5-year deal that was on the table and instead demand a $40M/year 4-year deal instead? Did he not want to 'sacrifice' some money to add pieces to the team? Did he not want to 'sacrifice' by approving the 5th year or does he not believe in this team to stay for a 5th year?
You're right. Dak has done nothing for the team. He needs sacrifice more.

5f84929e522a2.image.jpg

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Dallas was down 16-7 in the 3rd quarter when Dak threw that INT at Dallas' own 26 yard line; that resulted in a 1-play 26 yard TD for SF putting them up 23-7

Loso86

Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

No why get tired of hearing about the positive things. We hear about the Negative WAAAAY TOO MUCH. That's what I get tired of!

Ken

Reaction score
Dallas was down 16-7 in the 3rd quarter when Dak threw that INT at Dallas' own 26 yard line; that resulted in a 1-play 26 yard TD for SF putting them up 23-7
Yes and then Dak all his production vs a prevent. we get it.

Unrelated to you astute observation, Just noticed this on the play by play....

4 0:01 1 10 SFO 24 23 17 Dak Prescott spiked the ball

Kind of crazy that it is recorded as having spiked the ball with 1 second left yet the game ended lol

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Year 7, yet the DFW media seems to still be obsessed with this topic. These two clips are just nonstop slobbering over his leadership skills. Idk why the DFW media is so soft on him. I get he's good guy, respectful of the media, but it's year 7. What good is this mystical "Dak leadership" without results? Garoppolo, a guy who has never been exalted for his leadership skills, totally outplayed Dak in the playoff game. That is what matters moving forward - results.

CC: DFW media

Time to quit talking and start producing.
Show me , don't tell me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In salary maybe. I'm quite certain Dak made a ton more than that.

And then there is that whole thing about.... what choice did he have? Rookie contract is what it is.

The FIRST chance he got, he went for the biggest bag he could get and made sure he would have the opportunity to get another bag as quickly as possible. The terms he held out for were unprecedented for an NFL QB.
And so did Rogers, Mahomes, Brady, Wilson on their first contract.